Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
And suspected of a fourth, located in footnote.a foot ote also indicayes that his wife

Yes, they made a point to state this about her and only her in the bond filing which I found interesting. See FN1

She must have been bound and wrapped? MOO
In the bond filing, a footnote states that his wife's whereabout could not be determined as out of town during Maureens murder. Probably why he is not charged yet.

I read that he attended NYIT (a large number of LI architects have gone there, it’s very popular), at this point you can get your BArch at the LI campus and MArch in Brooklyn, but back when he graduated you may have been able to do both on LI. I’m not sure.
Thanks. Okay so he did not attend school in Missouri so that "Springfield Man" (in the bail filing) can probably be put to rest insofar as any Springfield 3 connection. MOO
When I heard about Amber and her bf pulling the ruse on him I was sort of astonished. What amazes me even more is WHY would she agree to meet him again and let him talk her into leaving her phone?! Such a tragedy!
Exactly. Tragic!

Wow. Wonder if he has been "busy" lately and LE knew - which is why they mentioned the arrest was a matter of public safety (which I'm assuming was in reference to why they are charging the 4th murder later).

jmo

I don't believe it for a second. Her 911 call makes it seem impossible to me that she was not in danger. She had pending law issues, was breaking the law the night she called, yet she contacted the police.

Brewer, the home owner, claimed he wanted her out of the house...so he could have just called the police himself. Pak was breaking the law, but instead of just leaving when noting she was on the phone with police, silently bailing, he speaks with her to try to gain her trust and catch her.

Also, Brewer try's to gain her trust and NOT give info when she was on the phone. Iinstead of giving his address and saying, she over stayed her welcome. Please get her out.

Somebody was trying to hurt her.

MOO
I also think that someone drugged her, and she was hallucinating. She was able to get away but was eventually caught. It was very sad because she didn't know who to trust at that point.

JMO.

I also think that someone drugged her, and she was hallucinating. She was able to get away but was eventually caught. It was very sad because she didn't know who to trust at that point.

JMO.
Her system came up clean for drugs. Those guys are still not off my radar. MOO at least as far as Shannon is concerned. The corruption going on there stinks.

The bail doc says he texted her saying she owed him a "credit" but didn't want it to be at her house again, and she went to his house. She knew it was the same guy.
Geez. There is no way that I would have done this. You know that something bad is going to happen because of the rip-off. If you agree to it, you better have your boyfriend with a gun waiting outside in a vehicle with you being permitted to call him every 30 minutes with a "safe" word.

JMO.

Hair of suspect’s wife also found on 3 Gilgo Beach victims​

Marlene Lenthang
The hair of Heuermann's wife was found on or near three of the victims, prosecutors said in a bail application.

A hair was recovered from the buckle of one of the belts found binding the body of Maureen Brainard-Barnes.

Two female hairs were recovered on the body of Megan Waterman, who was found bound by tape. One hair was found from “outside the head area” and another from “the tape of the head area.”

Another female hair was found on a piece of tape inside burlap wrapping found on the body of Amber Costello.

All those female hairs were sent to an outside forensics laboratory, which in July 2022 determined they belonged to a woman who was not any of the victims.

On July 21, 2022, an undercover Suffolk County Police Department detective recovered 11 bottles from a trash receptacle in front to Heuermann’s home. The bottles were swabbed and the samples sent for testing.

In February, the lab concluded that one of the DNA profiles generated from the bottles matched the same “mitochondrial haplogroup” as the female hairs recovered from the three victims.

Based on the investigation and evidence, it was determined the hair belonged to Heuermann’s wife.

As the investigation found that Heuermann’s wife was out of state at the time of the three women’s disappearances and murders, “it is likely that the burlap, tape, vehicle(s) or other instrumentalities utilized in the furtherance of these murders came from Defendant Heuermann’s residence, where his wife also resides, or was transferred from his clothing.” 1. Hair of suspect’s wife also found on 3 Gilgo Beach victims

I was just looking for the mode of death of the victims. I am only finding that "several [of 10 victims] had been strangled". Link

Because it seems unusual that his wife's hair was found on or near 3 victims.
Was he using a scarf or something else belonging to his wife to strangle the victims? While she was away.
It just seems very coincidental that hair was transferred to not one, not two, but three victims. It is not like his wife is a cat or dog who are covered in hair. imo

Last edited:
Thanks. Okay so he did not attend school in Missouri so that "Springfield Man" (in the bail filing) can probably be put to rest insofar as any Springfield 3 connection. MOO

Exactly. Tragic!

Earlier posts and links indicated that Heuermann was a gun collector. Springfield may refer to the gun manufacturer "Springfield Armory" or a US military Springfield rifle. The number 9 in one of his email addresses may refer to 9mm caliber ammunition.

Well, that is quite the indictment, in all the meanings of the word. There are a couple of things percolating in my mind. JMO follows. Obviously, they’re charging him in the cases with the strongest evidence, that’s sensible and doesn’t mean more charges aren’t in the offing. We’ve seen before how further cases are added once everything is underway. The other thing is, there has been loads of really good work from the police here, many trails followed, and diverse evidentiary categories investigated. My thoughts are about the prior scandal plagued administration in the department. It seems there were a plethora of possibilities that, once opened up, bore fruit. The previous administration’s inertia and, in fact stonewalling, to include violating a court order to release Shannen’s call to 911, are even more concerning in light of this truly impressive investigation. MOO of course.
Lastly, as much as I can, I want to emphasize that this is all IMO. No one will never convince me that Shannen, a) truly had nothing to fear, solely suffering from utterly organic sudden psychosis, and b) Shannen, in the grip of this entirely unfounded terror, proceeded to run off into the darkness and conveniently drop dead on top of a serial killer‘s dumping ground; a dumping ground comprised largely of victims in precisely the same line of work, with the same customer communication, as Shannen, which, by dint of the fact her remains were accidentally found by a police dog on a break, set all this into motion. If I believed that, I could believe in a WSU co ed with long brown hair, parted in the middle, going hiking in 1973 on Taylor Mountain, falling over some rocks, dying of blunt force trauma to the head, and landing directly on top of Ted Bundy’s victim dumping ground. All JMO.
Excellent post!!!!!!!!!!!

Earlier posts and links indicated that Heuermann was a gun collector. Springfield may refer to the gun manufacturer "Springfield Armory" or a US military Springfield rifle. The number 9 in one of his email addresses may refer to 9mm caliber ammunition.
That makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member