Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #11

Officials have stayed pretty quiet on a lot. My intuition says that's because they have a massive amount of evidence to process and evaluate, and much of it only leads them to more evidence, more leads. You're right, they've been very secretive about that box. There's a reason, don't you think? Perhaps it was a literal Pandora's Box that led to weeks more of following leads.
Have wondered if they didn't find something out in Manorville that led them to sort of "re-evaluate" some object/s in the home which otherwise wouldn't have been of obvious interest. Like ok, just a thought, but maybe he had a toolbox out there somewhere hidden in Manorville. So maybe they're looking back at tools in his workshop to look for similarities and if they're part of a set, or were possibly even used in the murders. That's a pretty big stretch, but right now, anything's possible.

That "very large" evidence bags, though, give me the creeps. That really could be anything. I would think if there's a full skeleton around there, they'd have found it on the first search, though. But... yeah, not sure. I really did think of Gacy when they said they were back.

Agreed on the digging. Maybe they'd have had no idea where to look before they picked through at least some of those devices. And eerily, maybe now they do know where to look. Speculative, of course.

Agreed. I'm thinking digging, and my mind also went to Gacy and basements.

Yup. Trying to look here online and see if I can scrounge up more updates. I would think it has to be something in some way buried because they ripped the house apart to the studs last time, if I remember correctly.
Ugh, the Gacy thing is making me wonder if there ARE bodies in the house... Gacy ran his "cemetery without a license" until he ran out of room, THEN started putting bodies outside in the creek out back I believe. Hopefully that's not the case here.

I couldn’t either fred&edna….. found this CNN article by Rob Frehse and Christina Maxouris updated July 24, 2023 which suggests they did then, article entitled:

Investigators search Gilgo Beach suspect’s home with K-9 and ground-penetrating radar, CNN affiliate reports”

BBM
Bam!!!
"Investigators search Gilgo Beach suspect’s home with K-9 and ground-penetrating radar, CNN affiliate reports”

ADMIN NOTE:

Bumping Tricia's announcement from last year.

BBM
Bam!!!
"Investigators search Gilgo Beach suspect’s home with K-9 and ground-penetrating radar, CNN affiliate reports”

Fabulous. I'm hoping some rock solid evidence is found. I don't remember ground penetrating radar being used last year or at least I don't remember it being officially announced. I wonder why it's just being used now.

Anyone else reminded of the Kristin Smart case? If I recall correctly, investigators tested soil for decomp molecules from a neighboring property right at the Flores property line. I wonder if thats what happened here and it led to another search warrant.

Edit: Ignore me. This was from last year. See what I remember. At least a got a refresher?

Last edited:
Fabulous. I'm hoping some rock solid evidence is found. I don't remember ground penetrating radar being used last year or at least I don't remember it being officially announced. I wonder why it's just being used now.

Anyone else reminded of the Kristin Smart case? If I recall correctly, investigators tested soil for decomp molecules from a neighboring property right at the Flores property line. I wonder if thats what happened here and it led to another search warrant.
The articles posted above referencing GPR are from last July.

No problem! I'm still convinced they found something on the electronics the retrieved (especially CDs) that led them back, although the timing with the black box is suspect as well.

Me too. 400+ devices are way too many to have nothing on them.

I remember there was a sort of offhand remark in an article the black box retrieved out in Manorville was from an unrelated crime (a robbery?) but the timing is suspicious. There were a few mentions of a black box/lock box on a truck but I'm not personally sure (I very well may have missed the info) if those boxes are one and the same.

I wonder if there is a previously unknown crawlspace under part of that house. it's crazy ! maybe there was a secret room in there they didn't know about until they saw something on one of his phones or something..they are taking a crazy amount of stuff out of there! mOO

I wonder if they're staying at the property R and his brother purchased? And what are the odds they had a heads up that this was going to happen?

MOO

Was it ever confirmed if there was a house on that property? I know theres a house on C. Heuermann's property but unsure about the neighboring (co-owned?) property/properties. She could be staying with C. I'm not sleuthing them so hopefully this is okay to say.

Was it ever confirmed if there was a house on that property? I know theres a house on C. Heuermann's property but unsure about the neighboring (co-owned?) property/properties. She could be staying with C. I'm not sleuthing them so hopefully this is okay to say.
I honestly don't know what is on the parcel of land R purchased if anything. They could be staying with 'family' there but there are a ton of tourist places in SC to visit this time of year.

JMO

I wonder if there is a previously unknown crawlspace under part of that house. it's crazy ! maybe there was a secret room in there they didn't know about until they saw something on one of his phones or something..they are taking a crazy amount of stuff out of there! mOO
bbm
..... but why seems all to be so very lightweight??

Next-door neighbor Etienne deVilliers, 68, who has lived in Massapequa Park for nearly 30 years, shared some details with reporters, including that police notified him that the search would go on “for a few days.”

“I’ve never seen Rex as violent,” deVilliers said. “I hope they got the wrong guy, but we’ll see.”

He added that Heuermann’s estranged wife Asa Ellerup has told him the house had been completely torn up from the first search, leaving himself and other neighbors confused as to what the authorities could be looking for.”

That’s what I’m thinking and I wouldn’t be surprised if the access starts behind the garage and goes under one of the two or three outdoor sheds on that side of the yard. But, it also wouldn’t surprise me if there is a hidden space inside the oddly shaped house.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back