Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the one you were asking, but I saw it on this video (approx 1:20)

View attachment 505285
I thought it was a new platform in the back yard as well, but I just looked at this old article and it seems to be the same platform the the white greenhouse was sitting on during the 1st search, maybe expanded a little bit:
greenhouse.JPG

Uh, totally agreed. I would be hard-pressed to find people that should be more grateful to LE than AE. She ought to be on her knees in gratitude. This man, this husband RH, may well have murdered many, many young women. I'm finding the reaction pretty strange, myself.

Yes, it's stressful. Their lives have been turned upside down. I get that. But at least they still have their lives. Where's the gratitude? Because THIS guy, RH, looks guilty as sin. We'll have to wait for the trial, I guess a plea deal's not that attractive when life without parole's assured either way. It really makes me grit my teeth over the Peacock deal, though. I mean... hello??? It looks like he murdered many women. Her "reactions" are starting to creep me out a little. Seriously.
He not only murdered he also tortured many young women.
Yes it’s inconvenient and maybe disturbing being searched but if that assists convicting a serial sadistic killer and taking him off the streets thus protecting future girls, they his fsmily should be humbly willing to do anything to assist despite their own trauma. It’s a matter of proportion .

If they ''don't understand why the home is being searched and items taken, then they need more books about crime besides the ones with grisly pictures in them, imo, speculation.
May 23 '24 rbbm

''It’s stressful,” Bob Macedonio, who represents Heuermann’s wife and children, said outside the Massapequa Park home as cops scoured the disheveled house for a third straight day Wednesday.

“Their lives have been turned upside down, destroyed,” Macedonio said. “Their personal property has been taken, obviously for legal purposes. But they don’t understand that. They don’t comprehend that. This is something well beyond their comprehension.
“This is again, a complete shock,” he added.''
Not only one is a bit disabled, it seems .... Why don't they understand, is it that difficult? I would complain to my husband resp. father during the next visit. MOO

And why would his family recently have it sitting on their kitchen table?

ETA: From the article I found, it was recently that LE saw the book sitting on the kitchen table. Like, in the last couple of weeks or so. Maybe his wife is using it to try to figure out how to prove he is innocent of the murders.

Good luck to her.
The book is fascinating from a forensic point of view, but since her husband is accused of being LISK in poor taste. Another bad decision.

????? NOT a good sign. Without the context of the case behind it, it looks like an unusual book someone just "might" have, I'm not really sure why, but I mean I'd extend benefit of the doubt for sure. But WITH the context, that's looking way too interesting in a very bad way. And remember the large poster of the battered woman they initially found at the house?

Maybe someone besides Rex has a fascination with death? But who?

Not only one is a bit disabled, it seems .... Why don't they understand, is it that difficult? I would complain to my husband resp. father during the next visit. MOO

If they cannot understand WHY LE would SEARCH that house then yes they may have issues with comprehension. They should be happy the entire house wasn't bulldozed and put through a sieve looking for bone fragments. I don't think they have searched the whole house/property yet.
I wouldn't EXPECT LE to never let me step on the property again. I think they are being treated more than fair with velvet gloves even. LE is bending over backwards for them IMHO.

I thought it was a new platform in the back yard as well, but I just looked at this old article and it seems to be the same platform the the white greenhouse was sitting on during the 1st search, maybe expanded a little bit:
View attachment 505425

Nice eyeballing the older photos! Whatever it is (new, old, same, variation) I hope it's removed for digging ;)

Nice eyeballing the older photos! Whatever it is (new, old, same, variation) I hope it's removed for digging ;)
It will be interesting to see if they bother with anything in the backyard this time since they did excavating last time. This search wouldn't have happened without a reason, and so far, it seems they are concentrating on the inside of the house and removing lots of things from inside.

Idk how to prove this, because I used software from work (Eagleview) and don’t feel comfortable exporting the photos off my work computer… for what it’s worth that deck was not there as of October 2023 (most recent date available). There was a large similar looking deck before the 2023 search on the north end of the backyard.

The deck now on the south end of the backyard is definitely new (since October 2023) just based on the condition/lack of weathering to the wood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Idk how to prove this, because I used software from work (Eagleview) and don’t feel comfortable exporting the photos off my work computer… for what it’s worth that deck was not there as of October 2023 (most recent date available). There was a large similar looking deck before the 2023 search on the north end of the backyard.

The deck now on the south end of the backyard is definitely new (since October 2023) just based on the condition/lack of weathering to the wood
I thought the same, but then again, if the large white greenhouse was sitting on it for a long period of time, the wood would be protected from the elements and might look new upon removal of the greenhouse. It does appear to possibly be a little bit larger than the original platform though. If it's not entirely new, it might be expanded.

I thought the same, but then again, if the large white greenhouse was sitting on it for a long period of time, the wood would be protected from the elements and might look new upon removal of the greenhouse. It does appear to possibly be a little bit larger than the original platform though. If it's not entirely new, it might be expanded.
Also, don't you have to refinish and retreat wood every year anyway? It could've been spruced up since last year, although I am by no means a wood deck expert.

Last thing I’ll say cause I realize without posting the photos my comments don’t help too much… but that area where the greenhouse platform was looks like it was used as a pile of chopped up fire wood and junk in the October 2023 photo.

View attachment 505425
I was a college student in Long Island from 2007-2010. I had a friend whose parents invited me for dinner in Massapequa several times, and to get to their place I passed RH's house. Never thought I would have constantly driven near a future accused serial killer's home in any future...

Also, I often took the Long Island Railroad into Penn Station, the NJ Transit train, and the Metro North to visit friends in CT and White Plains. I took those modes of transportation during the disappearances of the Gilgo Four, and Shannan Gilbert. I also can't help but feel that must have brushed past any of them at Penn Station, or any of the trains I mentioned.

I have been relentlessly reading about this case, read Robert Kolker's book, (I did contact him once to tell him how much his book was wonderful and incredibly human). I am still riveted as well as constantly haunted about this case. Justice, please for the women.

I was a college student in Long Island from 2007-2010. I had a friend whose parents invited me for dinner in Massapequa several times, and to get to their place I passed RH's house. Never thought I would have constantly driven near a future accused serial killer's home in any future...

Also, I often took the Long Island Railroad into Penn Station, the NJ Transit train, and the Metro North to visit friends in CT and White Plains. I took those modes of transportation during the disappearances of the Gilgo Four, and Shannan Gilbert. I also can't help but feel that must have brushed past any of them at Penn Station, or any of the trains I mentioned.

I have been relentlessly reading about this case, read Robert Kolker's book, (I did contact him once to tell him how much his book was wonderful and incredibly human). I am still riveted as well as constantly haunted about this case. Justice, please for the women.
Welcome! I always love having a local in these discussions.

IMHO, RH seems almost like he was cocky enough to plan for the eventuality of him getting caught, arrested and his home searched. To be fair, perhaps this is my biased speaking based on my view of how deplorably comfortable he was repeatedly calling, taunting and harassing Amanda Barthelemy, Melissa Barthelemy’s sister. It gave me the chilling impression he was so sure he wasn’t going to get caught or like he had his bases covered.

I think it is possible that if he did keep belongings from any of his victims or evidence from any of the crime scenes, he hid them in homes or buildings that he had regular and easy access to. He might have considered keeping these items, or at least a portion of them, outside the home and in places not so apparent to shield them from the police while also ensuring he could access them when he felt the disgusting need or urge to (for example, to relive, reminisce over or fantasize about the crimes.

This may mean that unfortunately LE might consider also searching his mother’s home, the South Carolina property again and any storage units that are not in his name but he still had access to through his job or relatives. It is possible that the owners of these properties didn’t even know he had access or how and how often was using them.

JMO/speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member