Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have a fireplace inside??
Source: "Built in 1956, the one-story residence occupies just 1,323 square feet of space, and has a full basement and one fireplace."

I just searched if one could burn clothing in an indoor wood-burning fireplace. Getting this: "...don't burn cloth or clothing in your fireplace or in your wood-burning stove. Not only does it smell bad, but clothing produces an excess amount of smoke and soot that will end up adding to the creosote in your chimney lining. Because cloth burns so hot, the likelihood of a chimney fire starting is increased." If one is going to murder many people, I'm sure the smell and soot were not too big a problem. I mean, that place looks so small to have a fireplace.

Did I read that article correctly, a fireplace? It looks like it. I don't recall ever hearing anything on the fireplace before. Hmm, seeing it in another source, too. "Macedonio said Ellerup and her children are not considered suspects, and if indeed the allegations against her husband are true, she had no knowledge....One of the photos Macedonio has is from around Christmas time, showing a Christmas tree and stockings hung by the fireplace, at the alleged time Heuermann went out and 'committed these murders and buried the girls at Gilgo.'” Gilgo Beach Suspect Rex Heuermann's Family Plans To Sue Law Enforcement Over Wrecked House

Last edited:
Speaking of paint. In my hours of scouring videos and still photos of the house. I noticed a very obvious change in the paint on the back of the house. It’s darker red as it comes around from the front to the back and abruptly stops and then the paint on the rest of the back of the house is a very faded red. If you stood in the backyard and faced the back of the house this distinct color variation occurs on the left corner to about a few feet past that small green storage unit. Also, I noticed in the July photos, before the backyard was torn up and searched, there was a huge wood pile that completely covered the ground level window to the left of the odd entrance to the basement and to the right of that green storage unit where the paint is darker red. Just some odd things I noticed. The picture is in this link:
Great work! Very interesting indeed, particularly because it is the wall smack up against that weird storage unit. I wonder what kind of remodeling went on there. Certainly something where that wall was replaced. I say replaced because he didn't seem to care about upkeep/painting on the rest of the house.

Here’s the photo early in the July search with the woodpile almost completely covering/blocking the basement window. Also in this picture is the odd black paint that makes a smiley face. It on the faded red paint above the wood pile in front of the basement window.
View attachment 505547View attachment 505547
The smiley face above the wood pile on faded paint :O

It was a book called "Death Scenes: A Homicide Detective’s Scrapbook," . I own a copy. For me it was just another teaching tool that helped me learn to read crime scenes. It's not for the faint of heart, though. Definitely NOT a coffee table book, if you get my meaning.
I had no idea what this book was about but wanted to find out.
I can see why it could be a teaching tool, specific to crime scenes.
A google search revealed its basic contents.
An abbreviated Amazon review : (My Note, this review is one persons opinion.
Especially regarding the reference to the Old Cop and his intentions.)

Amazon.com Review​

Warning: this sad, powerful, grotesque collection of black-and-white photos of mostly dead, often naked, human beings is not for the easily disturbed...snip…
…This book documents butchery and brutality, horrible disease and mental illness, suicide and murder….
…Dunn observes, the eye of the beholder is not innocent:
"The old cop, like the old con, tries to trick us into forgiveness and complicity. By witnessing he has participated, by understanding he is culpable…”
End of review.
The line in Bold may be a clue as to why the family continues to keep, refer to, the book.
Forgiveness?
Culpability?
I would love to know who initially purchased this specific book.

Amazon.com Review​

Warning: this sad, powerful, grotesque collection of black-and-white photos of mostly dead, often naked, human beings is not for the easily disturbed...snip…
…This book documents butchery and brutality, horrible disease and mental illness, suicide and murder….
"The old cop, like the old con, tries to trick us into forgiveness and complicity. By witnessing he has participated, by understanding he is culpable…”
End of review.
The line in Bold may be a clue as to why the family continues to keep, refer to, the book.
Forgiveness?
Culpability?

Perhaps RH has asked for a copy of it (of course he has) - during his next Visit from his forgiving wife (ex).

I hardly think it'll get past the Prison Gatehouse as "reading material" for an upcoming trial... it would have been confiscated for sure "contraband".

Amazon.com Review​

End of review.
Forgiveness?
Culpability?
If it's true that it was out in the open on a kitchen counter, I would find that VERY strange.

I shudder to think of a family member (who may be mentally challenged in some way, even a minor way,) seeing this stuff.
Maybe the book is waiting in the kitchen as a reward for housework?
"If you dry the dishes well, you can then look at this book for a quarter of an hour."
Who knows .... Asa certainly has her own methods.

Totally agreed on this. Did they only get this book on the second search? Where was this book on the first search?
I thought they took it the first search, then returned it before the second search.

I am rather interested that any of the three witnesses in the house would have that book out& handy. But I'm not sure if it would be of interest to investigator unless there was a crime scene that was replicated by Rex IRL or it had a special inscription or notes on pages, something like that.

It is possible that the house is such that LE dumped the book there a year ago and it hasn't moved.

MOO

1716578520013.png
''Friday marked the fifth straight day of the renewed search by state and local police of Rex Heuermann’s dilapidated, single-family home in Massapequa Park on Long Island.
Police in the early afternoon were seen removing a large rectangular object covered in a blue cloth and loading it into the back of a truck, which was parked in the driveway as it was loaded with evidence pulled from the home.
Other officers emerging from the mobile command units that Suffolk County police set up on the closed-off street also carried cardboard boxes of evidence back into the home but it wasn’t clear their contents.

Vess Mitev, a lawyer representing Heuermann’s two adult children, said the family hasn’t been told when they’ll be able to move back in.''

View attachment 505651
''Friday marked the fifth straight day of the renewed search by state and local police of Rex Heuermann’s dilapidated, single-family home in Massapequa Park on Long Island.
Police in the early afternoon were seen removing a large rectangular object covered in a blue cloth and loading it into the back of a truck, which was parked in the driveway as it was loaded with evidence pulled from the home.
Other officers emerging from the mobile command units that Suffolk County police set up on the closed-off street also carried cardboard boxes of evidence back into the home but it wasn’t clear their contents.

Vess Mitev, a lawyer representing Heuermann’s two adult children, said the family hasn’t been told when they’ll be able to move back in.''
bbm
Maybe, it was the large printer for architects, which got mentioned before?

Iceland would seem attractive at this point in time.

I think the neighbors would agree. I'd hate to live next door, not sure I would sleep well at night knowing weird *advertiser censored* was going over there and I had no idea...or worse had thought something was off but second guessed myself.
They are probably going over every thing in their mids now. I wish they could vote to have the city tear it down.

Great work! Very interesting indeed, particularly because it is the wall smack up against that weird storage unit. I wonder what kind of remodeling went on there. Certainly something where that wall was replaced. I say replaced because he didn't seem to care about upkeep/painting on the rest of the house.
Just wondering if Bitterolf was working on house as he is was a carpenter and if paint chips can also be a link to him?

bbm
Maybe, it was the large printer for architects, which got mentioned before?
Possibly. If so, it was taken, then later returned to the house.

JMO, they're gathering all the evidence they can to test and create a large database. As they complete all the unfinished LISK-related cases from out there, they have an extensive database to see if there are matches - carpet fibers, fingerprints, paint chips, data from Rex's cell phones, computers, etc. anything that might show up with any other potential victims. Just a big data warehouse of evidence from Rex H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member