Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes! ^^^ and not to over emphasize it, as there are at least four female victims involved that we are aware of……. they are the priority IMO…….

Just maybe that book was perhaps RHs? And if the case, begs the question if it was earlier seen, then how did it reappear later in this most recent search warrant evidence collection? And by whom? AFAIK RH wouldn’t have been in the residence to have placed it the second time? And yet if it wasn’t his then whose book is it? I envision DNA work on it might elucidate who had touched it?

Maybe one of the family’s lawyers will clarify that?

I am also hoping that perhaps we will hear something soon from any other attorney(s) involved with this case. MOO
There are times when a lawyer is better off to just shut-up.
This was one of them.
I also read that the book had been seized and was returned by LE and it was on the kitchen table in the house.

'In a statement to DailyMail.com, Vess Mitev, the lawyer representing Victoria Heuermann, 26 and Christopher Sheridan, 33, said neither he nor his clients had 'knowledge' of such a book.

He then offered a potential defense of them.

'It's not against the law to have books!' he said. '

Last edited:
I think when, not if, RH is found guilty they should bulldoze that house to the ground. They've done that in a lot of these types of crimes.

I'm not familiar with the process, but if they did bulldoze the house, would they put the lot on the market for sale and would the family be entitled to the proceeds of that money? Or would it be made into some type of garden or something?

MOO
That reminds me of the movie "Poltergeist" and what happened to the family when they built their house on an Indian burial ground.(scream)

That house paint is red. Maybe it isn’t paint chips but dried blood spots that are being examined and taken.

We don’t know what evidence led LE to this second search. Among many possibilities: It could be other (alive) victims talking to LE and sharing where particular assaults occurred or it could be that electronic devices previously taken have yielded written or photographic evidence about what assaults occurred and where, so LE knows where to look and what to look for and samples are being taken to corroborate.
Agreed, I also think perhaps paint seepage or blood spatter, and maybe an attempt to conceal it. Pure speculation, obviously. But I've often wondered not just about the overall condition of the house (with this being a home owned by an architect), but also the color scheme in particular. Red and green, every day's Christmas, evidently. It's a rather unusual and arguably unattractive color scheme. They're excellent colors on flags, for teams, maybe on cakes, but you don't usually see this combination with a home exterior. I'm not saying you can't make it work, some people do a brilliant job with it, but clearly, this isn't such a case. Paint doesn't cost very much, so the fact that he's very frugal doesn't really seem to explain it. Again, this guy's an architect with his own firm. You just can't help but wonder-- why??

Last edited:
But they did such an intensive search in July. Have they found an hidden room or something?
ds71 said:
"Macedonio said he planned to notify Heuermann's defense attorney, Michael J. Brown, of what he observed in the house but wasn't “at liberty to discuss” why exactly he believed investigators focused on the basement."

Asa's lawyer Robert Macedonio told a reporter that he believes they're focused in the basement.
The only reference to Heuermann's basement that I recall was from the female interviewed by John Ray who claims to have gone to Rex's house with her NY detective boyfriend and Karen Vergata,
Ray had said that Rodney Harrison knew about the boyfriend and LE had spoken to him.
I've seen no updates .
For what it's worth

"The witness said she, her date and the woman called “Karen” entered the Heuermann home and she met Heuermann’s wife.

“Karen went downstairs,” the witness wrote. “I stayed upstairs. My partner, who I believe was bisexual, kept disappearing. I believed he was elsewhere in the house, having sex with Rex. I believe I had sex with Rex as well. I never went downstairs.”

That house paint is red. Maybe it isn’t paint chips but dried blood spots that are being examined and taken.

We don’t know what evidence led LE to this second search. Among many possibilities: It could be other (alive) victims talking to LE and sharing where particular assaults occurred or it could be that electronic devices previously taken have yielded written or photographic evidence about what assaults occurred and where, so LE knows where to look and what to look for and samples are being taken to corroborate.
Yes, dark red even. And they are taking material high up where arterial spray might have gone unnoticed. For years.

May 26, 2024 #gilgobeach #rexheuermann #longisland
869 views • May 26, 2024 • #gilgobeach #rexheuermann #longisland
The DA has not said what his team was looking for.
'A search warrant executed at the home of accused Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex Heuermann has concluded, according to family lawyer Robert Macedonio. He said the search had concluded for now and appeared to be focused in the home’s basement'.

One theory buzzing through my mind is that this search is especially about Karen Vergata, and maybe there was some paint on her. For example, if she attempted to exit a window she could have gotten some of the exterior trim paint on her, and paint could have been found with her body somewhere.

Thus the police were taking extra samples of the trim paint from the ceiling of the porch.

I'm glad there seems to be movement on the case.

MOO

One theory buzzing through my mind is that this search is especially about Karen Vergata, and maybe there was some paint on her. For example, if she attempted to exit a window she could have gotten some of the exterior trim paint on her, and paint could have been found with her body somewhere.

Thus the police were taking extra samples of the trim paint from the ceiling of the porch.

MOO
Or conversely - a bloodied Karen Vergata tries to get out of the window and leaves blood on the outside.

MOO
Karen also crossed my mind due to John Ray's witness who claimed that she went down to the basement .
I have yet to find any comments from John Ray on the latest search and seize.

IMO:
The amount of evidence removed from the Heuermann residence is staggering.

d917e1f0-Rex-Huerermann-search-warrant_05.jpg

Rex-Huerermann-search-warrant_01-1.jpg

Rex_Heuremann_search_warrant_11.jpg

July 21, 2023

'Investigators in Gilgo Beach case operating on theory that the killings occurred in suspect’s home'​

Updated 9:11 AM EDT, Fri July 21, 2023

"Since the spring of this year, investigators looking into the Gilgo Beach serial killings case have been operating on the theory that the suspect, Rex Heuermann, committed the killings in his Massapequa Park, New York, home.

A source involved in the investigation told CNN the fact that the disappearances occurred during times his family was out of town suggests he may have lured victims to the Long Island home.

Investigators believe committing the killings at home would have given Heuermann control of the environment and access to materials that were found at the crime scene, including tape and burlap bags, the source said."

cont:

Does anyone know if Asa did sue LE for the damage done to her home?
I have this strong feeling that Bob Macedonio is very concerned about this search/seize by his comments.
Just me?

Fri, Aug 11, 2023

July 21, 2023

'Investigators in Gilgo Beach case operating on theory that the killings occurred in suspect’s home'​

Updated 9:11 AM EDT, Fri July 21, 2023

"Since the spring of this year, investigators looking into the Gilgo Beach serial killings case have been operating on the theory that the suspect, Rex Heuermann, committed the killings in his Massapequa Park, New York, home.

A source involved in the investigation told CNN the fact that the disappearances occurred during times his family was out of town suggests he may have lured victims to the Long Island home.

Investigators believe committing the killings at home would have given Heuermann control of the environment and access to materials that were found at the crime scene, including tape and burlap bags, the source said."

cont:
NOT saying he didn't commit crimes in the home. He might have. The victims they've charged him for up to now are all strangulation victims, no blood that we're aware of. But aside from giving him control if he killed at home, it would also give LE potentially powerful and more obvious DNA evidence in his actual residence in the event they tracked him somehow. If he left anything-- anything at all on those remains, and we see he did-- they'd come back to the house one, ten, twenty, maybe thirty years later, and that's a potential "bingo" moment and curtains for RH if they find anything there as well. I think for the most part he put his odds on them eventually finding the bodies out in the woods much later (which happened) and never being able to tie back to him & the home. Everything would be too decomposed. And whatever they found "out in the field" would be too "weak" to track back to his doorstep. But he might also have figured it would be too late for recovery of anything in the home by the time they arrived at the doorstep, and he may be right. How likely is it they'd find a hair from any of the Gilgo Four victims a decade after the fact in his residence? Even if he killed them there. I'd say not too likely. But MOO, he probably killed elsewhere and hedged his bets a bit, meticulous to some degree on what actually would be left at the home itself.

With the vehicle he had, it would be of minimal inconvenience for him to have burlap and tape on hand in the vehicle. With his own devious goals in mind, and his level of intelligence, I would think he would veer away from actual murder in the home. I think he did all the Gilgo murders, so I think he dismembered women's bodies. I don't think he'd risk it in the home, which means he had some "set up" or "system" for doing it elsewhere. If he did all the murders, he dismembered before he stopped dismembering, which means with this theory he'd already have "gotten used to" avoiding actual murder in the home.

That doesn't mean it's the case, though. And even if he did his gruesome deeds "out in the field" for the most part, it also doesn't mean he didn't engage in activities inside/near the home which he viewed as "lower risk" that also might have yielded some kind of potential DNA, even years later. Anything's possible right now. So watching to see the results of the Manorville search & his recent home search with great interest, that's for sure.

ds71 said:
"Macedonio said he planned to notify Heuermann's defense attorney, Michael J. Brown, of what he observed in the house but wasn't “at liberty to discuss” why exactly he believed investigators focused on the basement."

Asa's lawyer Robert Macedonio told a reporter that he believes they're focused in the basement.
The only reference to Heuermann's basement that I recall was from the female interviewed by John Ray who claims to have gone to Rex's house with her NY detective boyfriend and Karen Vergata,
Ray had said that Rodney Harrison knew about the boyfriend and LE had spoken to him.
I've seen no updates .
For what it's worth

"The witness said she, her date and the woman called “Karen” entered the Heuermann home and she met Heuermann’s wife.

“Karen went downstairs,” the witness wrote. “I stayed upstairs. My partner, who I believe was bisexual, kept disappearing. I believed he was elsewhere in the house, having sex with Rex. I believe I had sex with Rex as well. I never went downstairs.”

If the information is accurate that Asa was present, chances are that the two children were home.

NOT saying he didn't commit crimes in the home. He might have. The victims they've charged him for up to now are all strangulation victims, no blood that we're aware of. But aside from giving him control if he killed at home, it would also give LE potentially powerful and more obvious DNA evidence in his actual residence in the event they tracked him somehow. If he left anything-- anything at all on those remains, and we see he did-- they'd come back to the house one, ten, twenty, maybe thirty years later, and that's a potential "bingo" moment and curtains for RH if they find anything there as well. I think for the most part he put his odds on them eventually finding the bodies out in the woods much later (which happened) and never being able to tie back to him & the home. Everything would be too decomposed. And whatever they found "out in the field" would be too "weak" to track back to his doorstep. But he might also have figured it would be too late for recovery of anything in the home by the time they arrived at the doorstep, and he may be right. How likely is it they'd find a hair from any of the Gilgo Four victims a decade after the fact in his residence? Even if he killed them there. I'd say not too likely. But MOO, he probably killed elsewhere and hedged his bets a bit, meticulous to some degree on what actually would be left at the home itself.

With the vehicle he had, it would be of minimal inconvenience for him to have burlap and tape on hand in the vehicle. With his own devious goals in mind, and his level of intelligence, I would think he would veer away from actual murder in the home. I think he did all the Gilgo murders, so I think he dismembered women's bodies. I don't think he'd risk it in the home, which means he had some "set up" or "system" for doing it elsewhere. If he did all the murders, he dismembered before he stopped dismembering, which means with this theory he'd already have "gotten used to" avoiding actual murder in the home.

That doesn't mean it's the case, though. And even if he did his gruesome deeds "out in the field" for the most part, it also doesn't mean he didn't engage in activities inside/near the home which he viewed as "lower risk" that also might have yielded some kind of potential DNA, even years later. Anything's possible right now. So watching to see the results of the Manorville search & his recent home search with great interest, that's for sure.
I like your acute thinking and possibilities, thank you.
Yes, I can even see him first bringing the young women to his home just to save money too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member