PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

Giraffe dies after hitting head on low bridge.

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by TrackerSam, Aug 1, 2014.

1. TrackerSam

TrackerSam New Member

Sad story.

A giraffe has died after smashing its head into a low bridge while it was being transported along a busy highway in South Africa.
    The moments before the accident at around 2.30pm today were caught on camera by a horrified fellow driver who described hearing a loud crack.
    South Africa's Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals told local media the giraffe has since died and the truck driver could face criminal charges.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ruck-South-African-highway.html#ixzz399Oj9ypu
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Attached Files:

2. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Unknown Member

Oh, that is too sad. Poor giraffe. No way I want to see the video. :(

3. Lovejac

Lovejac Well-Known Member

Poor guy :( I hope it was instant.

I can't watch the video

4. Meryl12

Meryl12 Member

I don't think he should have been driving the truck. Charging him with an offence will simply mean that he will not be able to drive the truck and he won't be able to do harm to any other wild life.
    The poor giraffe, other motorists could see what was about to happen, the only person who couldn't was the idiot driving the truck.
    Wildlife everywhere are facing extinction, giraffe's are no exception, natural causes no-one can help but that was totally avoidable.

5. BatWoman

BatWoman New Member

That's horrific. Poor giraffe. I can't watch either. I heard about this story earlier today and I was expecting them to be contained in a more protective way, that open truck is ridiculous.

6. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Unknown Member

I'm hoping they will charge the driver, too. That was completely foreseeable. Anyone with an IQ above 60 could easily recognize when they loaded the giraffes that they would not be able to travel under a bridge. There is a sign on the bridge which likely posts the height clearance. I know in this country trucks that exceed a certain height cannot travel certain roadways. It's really a wonder that the other giraffe wasn't killed, too.