Found Deceased Greece - Dr. Natalie Christopher, 34, British, missing after jog, Ikaria, 5 August 2019

wow.

this JUST happened july 2:

Found Deceased - Greece - Dr. Suzanne Eaton, 60, American, gone for a run, Crete, 2 Jul 2019 *ARREST* #2

a random psychopath was arrested, but similar story. is this man still in jail?

and another man (tourist) went for a walk and didn't return in june.
Greece - Greece - John Tossell, 73, British tourist went for a walk, Zante, 17 June 2019

then again, the bf could just be familiar with these cases. i suppose the "went for a jog and never came home" excuse is used quite often. MOO.

wow.

this JUST happened july 2:

Found Deceased - Greece - Dr. Suzanne Eaton, 60, American, gone for a run, Crete, 2 Jul 2019 *ARREST* #2

a random psychopath was arrested, but similar story. is this man still in jail?

and another man (tourist) went for a walk and didn't return in june.
Greece - Greece - John Tossell, 73, British tourist went for a walk, Zante, 17 June 2019

then again, the bf could just be familiar with these cases. i suppose the "went for a jog and never came home" excuse is used quite often. MOO.

The perp in the Suzanne Eaton case is in a jail in Tripoli, Greece, which is in the central part of the Peloponnese region.

nathalie.jpg

Natalie Christopher: Αγωνία για την αστροφυσικό που χάθηκε στην Ικαρία

The cellphone signal was last seen yesterday near the area in Kerame.

Θρίλερ στην Ικαρία: Αυτή είναι η 34χρονη αστροφυσικός που αγνοείται

Natalie Christopher, 34, from Britain, went to Ikaria with her 38-year-old Cypriot companion on August 3 and was due to leave for Cyprus via Athens on Monday.

This is through Google translate, so it may not make total sense:

As the search for Natalie Christopher 's footsteps continues, Mr Vasilis, the man who rented the girl and her 38-year-old Cypriot partner, spoke to protothema.gr.

"We alerted the police because the child was very worried. He told us "guys for three hours I don't know where he is". He went for jogging at eight in the morning. At 9:30 she called her because breakfast had come, and at twelve she had to vacate the room. His girlfriend said that he was on an uphill, on a trail, and that "I can't go fast, I'll be back slowly, don't worry". He went ten, he went eleven, the man got the phone and he didn't answer, we got informed, we informed the police and fire department, the business started immediately. "

"We don't know exactly where he went. They had been booked for two days. The child is from Cyprus, the girl is probably English. We have the details of the detention, ”said Mr Vassilis.

As protothema.gr points out, there was no discord between the couple. “A nice little couple, the girl spoke a little Greek. Around 34 but I made it smaller. We were informed by the girl who took them breakfast. "

"The girl's cellphone was ringing, just not answering. That was what worried him and so he started. Its stance shows the Oven, where the mobile antenna is. "

Εξαφάνιση Αγγλίδας αστροφυσικού στην Ικαρία: Τι λέει o ιδιοκτήτης των ενοικιαζόμενων που φιλοξένησε το ζευγάρι

As we saw in the Eaton case, Greek media can be, at times, speculative and unreliable. So keep that caution in mind please.

Σύμφωνα με πληροφορίες, οι εγκληματολόγοι εντόπισαν κηλίδες αίματος στο κρεβάτι ξενοδοχείου που μοιραζόταν η κοπέλα με τον Κύπριο σύντροφό της.

According to reports, the Forensics (Team) detected blood stains on the hotel bed that was shared by the girl and her Cypriot partner.

(my translation only)

article goes on to say that there will be DNA testing done.

Εξαφάνιση Natalie Christopher: Βρέθηκαν κηλίδες αίματος στο κρεβάτι του ξενοδοχείου

i notice on the first link to cyprus mail, her photo shows her wearing a gps watch

as a runner i have a similar one.....wonder if her whereabouts can be linked through that and any running app she uses...mapmyrun,strava etc

well if he called her from the hotel while she was on a run, the cell phone pings should be able to clear him quickly. (side eye)

however, bloodstains on the sheets are not sounding like he's telling the complete truth here.

I would like to know what time the flight home was scheduled for. As a runner, I wouldn’t normally choose to run on the day I’m flying out, plus it sounds like they had a typical checkout time of 11am/noon, which means she’d need to be back in time for a shower and to pack.

I’d also like to know what time sunrise was. I doubt she’d run in the dark.

Boyfriend wakes up, she isn’t there, he calls her cell phone, and she answers. Says she’s out for a run. I hope phone pings are available to help police know areas to search.

From a Greek (English-language) news source:

He [her partner] told police he woke up in the morning to discover she was gone. After calling her mobile, she told him she had gone running, but did not pick up the phone in subsequent calls.

more at the link:

Search operation underway to find British woman missing on Greek island | Kathimerini

A question for the female runners here:

Do you normally leave on a run without informing your partner (either by mentioning it the night before or leaving a note in the morning)?

I'm skeptical of his story. JMO

in fact looking through her facebook photos that gps watch is on all the time!

also, i go through phases where i run daily. checking out of a hotel or travelling that day would not stop me,'d still get in a 5k minimum

blood stains? on top sheet or mattress....hotel mattresses will have multiple questionable stains! blood on sheets....menstrual? bug bite she's scratched and bled from (that would be me,as a runner in shorts daily,i'm covered in bites)

Ikaria is an island. They were due to fly out that same day from Athens. I wonder what time they needed to get to a ferry/airport in Ikaria for transport to the mainland to make the Athens flight home.

Also, I updated the title to include Dr.:

The 34-year-old woman, identified by a missing persons alert as astrophysicist Dr Natalie Christopher ...

Search operation underway to find British woman missing on Greek island | Kathimerini

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back