Greece - Mysterious death, Instagram model found dead on Mexican billionaire’s yacht, 31 August 2018

CocoChanel

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Instagram model found dead on Mexican billionaire's yacht in Greece; mysterious death investigated

Sinead McNamara, 20, was found unconscious around 2 a.m. Friday on the back of the Mayan Queen IV in the Greek port of Argostoli in Kefalonia, news.com.au reported. The doctor on the yacht and port authority officials attempted to revive her as a helicopter arrived at the scene to transport her to a hospital.
She died while heading to the hospital, local reports stated. Her cause of death has not been revealed.

Australian Instagram influencer Sinead McNamara found dead on billionaire’s yacht in Greece
TELEMMGLPICT000173196820_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqZgEkZX3M936N5BQK4Va8RWtT0gK_6EfZT336f62EI5U.jpeg

Sinead McNamara had been travelling around Greece over the summer Credit: Instagram
"Sinead McNamara, 20, had been working on the £108-million Mayan Queen IV superyacht for four months when she was discovered on Friday."

"Originally from Port Macquarie in New South Wales, Ms McNamara was a Sydney-based social media influencer who had been working on the vessel as it sailed around Europe over the summer.

It is unclear what type of work Ms McNamara was doing on the yacht. She had been promoting swimwear, underwear and skincare brands to her 14,000 Instagram followers over the last year while travelling to some of the world's most exclusive resorts. "

"A crew member reportedly found Ms McNamara hanging from the rear deck of the boat in the early hours of Friday morning and alerted port " authorities."
Aussie model Sinead McNamara’s chilling message before death
"Just weeks before Sinead McNamara was found dead on a yacht in Greece, the Aussie model posted a cryptic message on Instagram revealing her head was "all over the shop".

"My head is all over the shop today," she wrote alongside a tornado and volcano emoji.

"Take me back to this where my only worry was not cracking my skull open."

" found unconscious around 2 a.m. Friday on the back of the Mayan Queen IV " - - on the back of? Guess I had better read!

Not that I know the first thing about yachts- but haven't there been houseboat/ pontoon boat carbon monoxide deaths due to fumes 'trapped' under overhangs? Is it possible that this may have happened here- with her being on the back of the boat?

Not that I know the first thing about yachts- but haven't there been houseboat/ pontoon boat carbon monoxide deaths due to fumes 'trapped' under overhangs? Is it possible that this may have happened here- with her being on the back of the boat?

Anything’s possible, but the earlier story that dotr quoted states that a crew member found her “hanging from the rear deck of the boat”. Really sad.

Tragic Instagram model working on billionaire's superyacht left cryptic post
"Police said the 20-year-old was found hanging on the rear deck of the Mayan Queen IV - owned by Mexican mining magnate Alberto Baillères - in Argostoli on the Greek island of Kefalonia.

Authorities told The Sunday Times initial evidence pointed to the possibility of suicide but an investigation into her mysterious death has been launched.

Local media reports Miss McNamara was discovered in a critical condition and died on the way to a hospital in Athens on Friday."

There is a hidden-in-plain-sight sub-culture associated with expensive yachts that might be a part of this tragic story. Google yacht girl to read harrowing accounts of this lifestyle.

All IMHO:
I have to say that I find this implication COMPLETELY WRONG in this case, though interesting in general.
The yacht owners are a distinguished family who are honorable. The owner and his sons attended a noted military academy (high school) in Indiana that I am very very familiar with. They have been well educated and are philanthropic and very low key, elegant people.
This yacht is used for their 7 adult children, grandchildren, extended family to enjoy FAMILY in a private, privileged way.
THIS WAS NOT A PARTY BOAT IN IBIZA OR CANNES.
Sinead had a LEGIT job on this yacht as part of a working crew.
From what I’ve read, it sounds like an unfortunate accident- I’ll stick with that assumption because NOTHING on her social media leads me to believe she was depressed or suicidal.
WHAT IS IT ABOUT PEOPLE WITH MONEY THAT MAKES THEM FODDER FOR CONSPIRACY THEORIES?
In any case, I’m praying for Sinead’s loved ones, the yacht owners and her crew mates who must be traumatized by this tragedy.
Here is a link to interesting info regarding the yacht owner from a distinguished award he received several years ago.

https://www.itam.mx/documentos-itam/man_year2001.pdf

Last edited:
Above article means nothing, only that you are a good friend. Sometime we don't know the deepest secrets of our best friends. This was a very sad tragedy. She died for a reason - some people know. it will very quickly disappears from the news and WE will never know. MONEY TALKS and very loudly.

All IMHO:
I have to say that I find this implication COMPLETELY WRONG in this case, though interesting in general.
The yacht owners are a distinguished family who are honorable. The owner and his sons attended a noted military academy (high school) in Indiana that I am very very familiar with. They have been well educated and are philanthropic and very low key, elegant people.
This yacht is used for their 7 adult children, grandchildren, extended family to enjoy FAMILY in a private, privileged way.
THIS WAS NOT A PARTY BOAT IN IBIZA OR CANNES.
Sinead had a LEGIT job on this yacht as part of a working crew.
From what I’ve read, it sounds like an unfortunate accident- I’ll stick with that assumption because NOTHING on her social media leads me to believe she was depressed or suicidal.
WHAT IS IT ABOUT PEOPLE WITH MONEY THAT MAKES THEM FODDER FOR CONSPIRACY THEORIES?
In any case, I’m praying for Sinead’s loved ones, the yacht owners and her crew mates who must be traumatized by this tragedy.
Here is a link to interesting info regarding the yacht owner from a distinguished award he received several years ago.

https://www.itam.mx/documentos-itam/man_year2001.pdf

Marie A, I appreciate your insight on the family of the yacht owner. This must be a nightmare for them.

To quote a wise detective on ID channel’s show Someone You Thought You Knew, you only know people as much as they ALLOW you to know them. I do reserve judgement in this case as there are many possible scenarios of what took place to result in this tragedy. A young woman has died, unexpectedly, and something caused that. My opinion tends to sway toward the most reasonable and likely explanation, but sometimes things are not on Occam’s Razor afterall. At any rate, I am sad for her loss, and for the heartbreak of the model’s family and friends.

• Sinead McNamara, the 20-year-old Instagram model who was found on a billionaire's superyacht, died due to hanging, according to a Greek coroner. Additional tests "could take months" to come back.
  • She was reportedly found by the captain of a neighbouring superyacht around 1.45 a.m. on Friday.
  • McNamara had been working on board the six-story $140 million Mayan Queen IV superyacht since May, and was reportedly working her last shift when she died.
Cause of death has been revealed for the 20-year-old Instagram model found on a Mexican billionaire's yacht in Greece

Wondering if Ms McNamara might have been trying to take an exotic photo to post and somehow became tangled up in the rope? imo speculation.rbbm.
Sinead McNamara's family told 'don't look at her body' after yacht death | Metro News
"According to Australian news site news.com.au, the skipper of a neighbouring yacht was returning to his boat after drinking in the bars that surround Argostoli harbour at around 1.45am when he saw Miss McNamara on the back deck of the Mayan Queen IV.

He reportedly shouted ‘what are you doing’ and, when she didn’t answer, began screaming for help.

A doctor on board the ship tried to resuscitate her and she was airlifted to hospital in Athens, but died en route.

Miss McNamara had thousands of followers on her Instagram account, where she updated them on her travels around the world.

In a post last month she wrote: ‘Living & working on a boat seeing all that the world has to offer. Yep I think I have it pretty good.’
Who was Sinead McNamara, how did the Australian Instagram Influencer die and how old was she?
"Ms McNamara's mum Kylie and sister Lauren were on their way to Greece to join her for a holiday - they were reportedly given the devastating news while in transit.

The young model had been looking forward to the family trip, posting an upbeat message on social media just days before her death.

She wrote: “Happy birthday to the most amazing big sister I could ever ask for, 5 days till I get to see you!!! Excitement is an understatement.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back