Group Plans Memorial Walkway For Caylee

I wonder if anyone has considered LA's feelings about this project. He's getting married in October and what happens if they have children? Would he want this constant reminder there for his children to see every time he took the kids to visit their grandparents? Don't know how he would feel about it but he did not join his parents on Tuesday night. But from what we heard in court maybe the A's have not considered how he feels. jmo

All the old info and press releases have been removed or changed, so I have no additional links - see links in What'sThatClue's posts above.

Briefly, it went down like this:

BringKidsHome was an online org. . .same website, but without the Caylee Memorial info.
There was a FB page with only a few posts about a couple of WA kids. It didn't look like BringKidsHome had anything to do with finding them.
They had an idea posted for some kind of memorial for Caylee, but no details. When EDV came onboard, there was a posting on the FB that they were joining forces for Caylee's memorial. The old info has been removed, or the current FB page is new.

Eddie DelValle announced via press release he would lead a "walk" to the site on Suburban and also had an idea for a memorial. This was back in July - not the one on Caylee's birthday.

Shortly thereafter, he hooked up with BringKidsHome which he said was a charitable org in NY. There was no connection prior. All of the sudden he's the "FL director", and the Caylee Memorial info is added to the website. New press releases and stories on WESH (just the press release info) showed up.
Then came the announcement that they were building the memorial. Tho' they didn't even have a "contract" on the land, EDV stated that the memorial - it was only a brick walkway with benches at first - would be started in a few months and be completed by next year. Somewhere along the line the walkway evolved into the current "memorial" - of course, requiring more donations.

I wonder if anyone has considered LA's feelings about this project. He's getting married in October and what happens if they have children? Would he want this constant reminder there for his children to see every time he took the kids to visit their grandparents? Don't know how he would feel about it but he did not join his parents on Tuesday night. But from what we heard in court maybe the A's have not considered how he feels. jmo

I think it would be better to see a beautiful memorial than what it is today - or worse, a house built there. I love what is being done for Zahra Baker - I'd like to see the Anthony's do something with a more well known organization -
http://www.playgroundforzahra.org/

All the old info and press releases have been removed or changed, so I have no additional links - see links in What'sThatClue's posts above.

Briefly, it went down like this:

BringKidsHome was an online org. . .same website, but without the Caylee Memorial info.
There was a FB page with only a few posts about a couple of WA kids. It didn't look like BringKidsHome had anything to do with finding them.
They had an idea posted for some kind of memorial for Caylee, but no details. When EDV came onboard, there was a posting on the FB that they were joining forces for Caylee's memorial. The old info has been removed, or the current FB page is new.

Eddie DelValle announced via press release he would lead a "walk" to the site on Suburban and also had an idea for a memorial. This was back in July - not the one on Caylee's birthday.

Shortly thereafter, he hooked up with BringKidsHome which he said was a charitable org in NY. There was no connection prior. All of the sudden he's the "FL director", and the Caylee Memorial info is added to the website. New press releases and stories on WESH (just the press release info) showed up.
Then came the announcement that they were building the memorial. Tho' they didn't even have a "contract" on the land, EDV stated that the memorial - it was only a brick walkway with benches at first - would be started in a few months and be completed by next year. Somewhere along the line the walkway evolved into the current "memorial" - of course, requiring more donations.

And obviously no thoughts whatsoever as to who would be paying the bills for the upkeep of this park after it is erected. Ask the Park's Services Department what their expenses run? jmo

Hi, first time poster. I have been following this thread, and I think that I might of found something to help. There is a Florida nonprofit according to Sunbiz titled Bring the Kids Home Inc. http://www.sunbiz.org/pdf/10079831.pdf It was started on July 19, 2011, coincidently the same day that Caylee's Fund was started. Three names are listed out of the Ft. Lauderdale area.
I do believe the Anthony's have something to do with this organization, just not on paper.

I'm not real sure about this group. Been researching and found nothing so far that ties this group to any other. But I'm still checking. Thanks!

Hopefully Lee and Mallory will be smart enough to move away from Orlando. Far enough away that CA can't just drop by unannounced whenever she chooses. Smart enough to leave the whole family behind without any reservations or guilt. They could start over, have a family if they choose, begin a new life. Better than the one CA and GA are creating, better than the one KC will create. Perhaps a nice quiet, loving, honest, normal life. No parks, memorials of swamp burials, no screaming, lying, withholding information manipulations.

Because the ground level is so low as you go back into the swamp it would have to be built up. Plus there is a large pond there already which is fenced in from the street side. If you look at the overhead view the land mass is far larger than a 2 acre lot so the rest of the land would stay undeveloped and a swamp.

Now KC has changed her story to Caylee drowned so with such a large body of water would anyone really want this made into a park where children would go to play unsupervised.

If this organization really wanted to do something for Caylee why not build a large playscape for children at the school that is also handicapped accessible. Far less money involved and the community could get involved by volunteering. This would have so much more of a healing effect than a brick walk that leads to the remains site.

When will people read the small print associated with these charities. You do not get your money back if this project does not get enough money. No one who is experienced in running a project like this is involved. This just blows my mind that people are not questioning more before writing a check. It's blind faith with someone who has not proven themselves as legitimate.

What is their track record? What have they done to stop abductions? Where are their testimonies from people who have benefited from their programs??? There's nothing there. jmo

The retention pond is across & up the street diagonally, no where near the "proposed" memorial.

Again, it is not a walkway to a swap, if you care to see the proposed plans I can PM you photos???? Also this proposed Memorial IS not only for Caylee, it is for all of the missing children in the State of Florida. With lights representing each missing child and when a child is found, the light will go out! (Following along with the tradition of leaving your porch light on)

I'm kind of confused as to all these negatives comments associated with GA & CA, they only went to see the proposal not to promote nor ask for donations.

I am not a fan of GA & CA, however if they didn't show up, everyone would speculate on that as well.

I suggest people look at the proposed plans rather make assumptions!

It is beautiful, tasteful and helps bring light to all of the missing children in Florida!

The retention pond is across & up the street diagonally, no where near the "proposed" memorial.

Again, it is not a walkway to a swap, if you care to see the proposed plans I can PM you photos???? Also this proposed Memorial IS not only for Caylee, it is for all of the missing children in the State of Florida. With lights representing each missing child and when a child is found, the light will go out! (Following along with the tradition of leaving your porch light on)

I'm kind of confused as to all these negatives comments associated with GA & CA, they only went to see the proposal not to promote nor ask for donations.

I am not a fan of GA & CA, however if they didn't show up, everyone would speculate on that as well.

I suggest people look at the proposed plans rather make assumptions!

It is beautiful, tasteful and helps bring light to all of the missing children in Florida!

This org is very suspicious, they claim to have no home base, and they claim to have no leader and no officers. See the FAQ. Also, they don't even own the property yet and they are selling these bricks and taking donations from people. I would never consider giving them a dime.
[SIZE=-1]Who Runs Bring Kids Home?[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]
Volunteers are responsible for different regions of the country. There are no titles at Bring Kids Home, only Volunteers. The goal of this unique structure was not to highlight any one individual volunteer but rather recognize the entire volunteer collective team. There is no "i" in Team.
http://bringkidshome.org/faqs.htm

[/SIZE]

Caylees' day turned into ca and ga as they made People mag. IMO that's what they wanted good pr. It worked

This org is very suspicious, they claim to have no home base, and they claim to have no leader and no officers. See the FAQ. Also, they don't even own the property yet and they are selling these bricks and taking donations from people. I would never consider giving them a dime.
Volunteers are responsible for different regions of the country. There are no titles at Bring Kids Home, only Volunteers. The goal of this unique structure was not to highlight any one individual volunteer but rather recognize the entire volunteer collective team. There is no "i" in Team.

[/SIZE]

Which is exactly why it is a "proposed" memorial! And the selling of the bricks is also "proposed", meaning just an idea for fund raising!!! I was there and NOT 1 person asked for any money!!! (Except for the 2 woman who are "boycotting" CFCA, they asked for donations!!!!)

Now I agree with not allowing CFCA to profit in any way, shape or form, however I don't need to donate to help boycott, I just boycott!!! And that was not the time nor the place!

It was a gathering to remember Caylee on what would've been her 6th birthday and BKH only revealed what they would like to do, nothing more, nothing less!

[/SIZE]

There is no information anywhere about any children they have helped find.
There is no information about who the counselors are. There is no phone number. The organization appears to be only a website.

I am kinda' baffled as to how the artist Jefre was convinced to design the memorial. He has done some beautiful installation designs that have been completed projects.

Caylees' day turned into ca and ga as they made People mag. IMO that's what they wanted good pr. It worked

:rocker: Exactly ... It was supposed to be a remembrance for Caylee who would have been 6 years old ...

BUT George and Cindy turn up for "THEM" and to "rehabilitate" their "image" after all their "shenanigans" at the Trial !

This "group" that is doing this Memorial should be "investigated" before ANYONE donates a penny !

If the Anthony's are involved ... ENOUGH SAID !

There are other upstanding missing children organizations to donate to and who would sincerely appreciate any and all help ...

MOO MOO MOO ...

:rocker: Exactly ... It was supposed to be a remembrance for Caylee who would have been 6 years old ...
BUT George and Cindy turn up for "THEM" and to "rehabilitate" their "image" after all their "shenanigans" at the Trial !

This "group" that is doing this Memorial should be "investigated" before ANYONE donates a penny !

If the Anthony's are involved ... ENOUGH SAID !

There are other upstanding missing children organizations to donate to and who would sincerely appreciate any and all help ...

MOO MOO MOO ...

BBM - Bingo!

IMO

That sounds beautiful with the butterfly release etc. Thanks for your descriptions!
(Just to note, regarding the part about Casey Anthony having supposedly put Caylee there, there wasn't actually evidence that Casey was the one who put Caylee there, she was acquitted of murder and as far as I know there aren't new charges regarding being involved with putting Caylee's body there etc.)

I always did think that would be somewhat of a shame when a house would finally be built there on that lot, I don't know why, I guess in the back of my mind I keep thinking, what if any other evidence could ever be found there, etc. Just seems a shame to cover the lot with a house foundation. (People call it a swamp but it always looked to me like just a raw house lot, not yet leveled up like the surrounding house lots, but presumably for sale for that purpose, so I did think eventually a house or maybe two houses would be built there when it sold, looked like maybe a double lot.)

The park/walk idea about missing children is certainly a nice thought and good cause, and it seems like it might be nice for the neighbors to have a little park/walk area like that to use, but on the other hand the neighbors might not want traffic and public use attracted to their street, and might not want to be reminded of missing children every day on their street. Especially the closest houses. But you never know. Also could be a problem with lighting disturbing the other houses since they are so close, or if kids or teens were attracted to start hanging out and making noise behind the other houses etc. But then again the neighbors might like that corner beautified. Wonder if zoning would permit anything other than houses to be put there. And there would be the issue of the liability/ insurance for the place, etc.

I had a lot of sympathy for the Anthonys when I saw them on TV when they visited at the gathering...but then when they spoke I was a bit shocked because I kind of expected them to say something like, "thanks so much to everyone who is remembering Caylee today", or "we are sure missing Caylee today on her 6th birthday", etc. But in the coverage I saw, George seemed to be focusing the talk on the general cause of missing children again, and Cindy said "if this day can bring people some kind of closure that's good because people really need to move on." Well, maybe they just can't speak about Caylee yet (particularly to strangers) after all they've been through, or maybe they really said more and it just wasn't shown. Of course it was very nice of them to stop by and spend a few moments of Caylee's birthday with the people gathered there.

Seagull - IMO, CFCA did dumped her there, however this thread is not about CFCA or who put the precious baby there, it's about a PROPOSED memorial at the site of where Caylee's remains were found!

Which is exactly why it is a "proposed" memorial! And the selling of the bricks is also "proposed", meaning just an idea for fund raising!!! I was there and NOT 1 person asked for any money!!! (Except for the 2 woman who are "boycotting" CFCA, they asked for donations!!!!)

snipped.
They have the bricks for sale on their website, that seems to be more than just a proposal. A proposal is not the same as a definite action, rather it is an idea put up for discussion. It would appear the discussion part has been passed over and they are in the act of collecting money for something that may (and quite likely) will NEVER happen.
It's a free country and anyone can donate, but I choose to put my money with reputable orgs and know it will do some good to help those in need.

There is no information anywhere about any children they have helped find.
There is no information about who the counselors are. There is no phone number. The organization appears to be only a website.

I am kinda' baffled as to how the artist Jefre was convinced to design the memorial. He has done some beautiful installation designs that have been completed projects.
Do we really know that Jefre is involved? He may not even be aware that these people are using pictures of his lovely memorials on their tacky website.

Thank you for the welcome. I have been to the sight that Caylee was found. I cannot see the county approving this project. IMO there are too many safety risks for the county to put thier seal of approval on. The parcel of land that has been for sale is less than 1/2 acres. Surrounded on one side by tall wooden fences and woods/swamp land and a road that is only used during school drop off and pick-up times. There is nothing else back there to draw traffic for the safety of those visiting the memorial. Cars do drive down Suburban to turn onto Hopespring, but from that intersection you can only see the front of the property, not the middle or back. If something were to happen and they were not able to get to the front of the property, there would be no help for them.
I think that is what first concerned me about the organization planning on the memorial. I would think that prevention of a crime or accident to a child would be thier number one goal. So why put a memorial in such an isolated spot? My next concern came because they have been so secretive about whoever started the project. Once the Anthony's showed up "unplanned?" in thier matching shirts and with balloons my concern of fraud went way off the charts. Something is just not right here in my opinion.

There is a Florida nonprofit according to Sunbiz titled Bring the Kids Home Inc. http://www.sunbiz.org/pdf/10079831.pdf It was started on July 19, 2011, coincidently the same day that Caylee's Fund was started. Three names are listed out of the Ft. Lauderdale area.

Just before Article I it states that "The undersigned, the majority of whom are citizens ..."

What could this mean? Are they saying that ONE of the undersigned is Not a citizen? Could that be some kind of loophole? Just putting it out there.

Just before Article I it states that "The undersigned, the majority of whom are citizens ..."

What could this mean? Are they saying that ONE of the undersigned is Not a citizen? Could that be some kind of loophole? Just putting it out there.

I haven't been able to find anything about that other org, (Bring The Kids Home). No website, nothing on anyone involved. Strange.
Help! Anyone?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann