• Not guilty (Self defense)

Votes: 47 22.4%
  • Not guilty (SYG)

Votes: 17 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the evidence so far, I voted (voluntary) manslaughter.

No vote.

I will be surprised if this goes to trial.

If I were on the jury, of course I'd have to see all the evidence to make a decision in good conscience. If I am just posting an opinion and playing armchair quarterback, though, I'd vote for manslaughter.

I don't think GZ started out with the intention to shoot anyone. I doubt (though I don't know for sure) that when he actually shot TM, he was "happy" about or completely indifferent to the harm he was causing.

At the same time, he had no right to go chasing off after someone, toting a gun no less, and especially no right to try to detain someone. He had no business getting out of his vehicle, and he should have been able to figure out that harm could ensue from his actions. :twocents:

I admit I could be totally wrong and I'm not a lawyer, so maybe "depraved indifference" could include more than I think.

I voted Manslaughter. Until I see the evidence that proves he murdered Trayvon in the 2nd degree, I am sticking with this. The moment he got out of that car and followed Trayvon so that he wouldn't get away made this a case of at least Manslaughter.

I voted 2nd Degree Murder, but I wish I could have voted 1st Degree. GZ saw TM, saw the dark skin, didn't like what he saw, stalked TM, got out and aggressed him, and murdered him.

2nd degree. He defied LE. by continuing after TM..He carried and used a gun which will tear you apart inside. George knew this. He was told NOT to carry a gun. N.W. does not work that way.IMO..

Okay. If I had to make a determination at this moment with only the information available it would be for second degree murder. My reasoning is that in the 911 call follows the neighborhood watch handbook right down the line. He's suspicious, he's this, he's that. It's like he's reading it, setting the stage.

I voted guilty of second degree murder. Actually, I believe he pre-meditated this so it would be 1st degree. I think the clicks on the 911 call were from him chambering a round so he formed intent before he even caught up to Trayvon. He was using hollow points so he meant business when he did that. I also believe that the screams were Trayvon pleading for his life and that is a sound I can't get out of my head since I listened to the recording.

Guilty 2nd degree murder

The dispatcher told Zimmerman not to pursue, Zimmerman ignored him, took his gun and hunted the boy down and killed him. If there was a physical altercation it was Trayvon who was standing his ground against someone who stalked, harassed and physically attacked him.

Zimmerman has a history of violence and a hatred of black people.

Murder 2 based on my interpretation of the "evidence". That said, I could easily switch if more evidence is released and does not support the "evidence" known now. If anything, I hope this case causes legislators to redefine SYG; those who initiate the confrontation should not be allowed to kill just because the fight is not going their way.

Pray for Tray...and his family and friends.

Not guilty, self defense. It is my opinion the evidence points to self defense,,,, no way did he premeditate the act, nor did he do anything to justify TM's aggressive reaction.

I don't have much of an opinion, but voted Not Guilty Stand Your Ground.

I think it may never go to trial.

I voted guilty of 2nd degree murder because I believe GZ profiled TM as one of the young African Americans who "Always got away." I believe it was a hate crime and I regret not being able to vote 1st degree murder. I also believe that GZ intended to shoot TM the moment he saw him walking in the rain with a hoodie.

I voted manslaughter because I don't think anyone should walk away from killing someone.

It's a difficult decision but, after studying the legal definitions of 2nd degree murder and manslaughter for a while, I voted guilty of "murder in the 2nd degree." Of course, that's just considering the "evidence" provided by MSM, which wasn't very reliable from the onset. But, I took in consideration the statement GZ allegedly made that "I knew at that point one of us was going to die" (or something of that nature). The statement suggests that GZ intended to make a fatal shot when he pulled the trigger. There are other factors, though, that would influence my decision since there are two sides to this story - that of GZ and that of TM's gf. It depends on whose testimony the evidence at the scene substantiates.

2nd degree murder....GZ knew what the duties of a NW person were/are...and he proceeded to violate every one of them by:

reporting and labeling Trayvon as suspicious for no reason except WWB

following first in his truck and then on foot for no valid reason

continuing to follow after instructed to stop by dispatch

not waiting for LE to arrive when told they were on their way and would arrive in minutes....what was the urgency? he knew Trayvon was not committing a crime because he was watching him

confronting Trayvon in a hostile manner and questioning him without identifying himself and why he was following

taking his gun out of the truck with him during the stalking and confrontation

unnecessarily pulling his gun out at some point during this confrontation when he knew by that time Trayvon was unarmed...IF there was a fight I believe he started it either by trying to detain Trayvon or stopping him from leaving, and Trayvon fought back in his own defense

willfully firing a direct, close hit into Trayvon's chest with his gun loaded with hollow point bullets which he knew would cause instant death

lying about his supposed injuries, his supposed self defense and his real money

All of the above show to me that he did and does still have a 'depraved indifference' about what the results of his actions would be: murder with absolutely no regret or remorse

All IMO

2nd-degree murder. GZ was told not to follow but shot TM almost a football field away from his vehicle. And Trayvon was screaming for his life but George shot him anyways = depraved indifference.

But I'd vote 1st-degree if offered. Premeditation can be formed in the blink of an eye and I think George decided while chasing Trayvon that he was going to kill him, to be a hero & more importantly to prevent Trayvon from telling what really happened, that he wasn't doing anything wrong when George chased him down. How humiliating for George if cops thought he was probably crying wolf with all those 911 calls, George couldn't lose his credibility so Trayvon lost his life, imo. :(

All :moo:

I voted guilty of 2nd degree murder. My reasons have already been listed by others.

I voted "Not Guilty (SYG)" because the only 'evidence' to date is the words at the bail hearing. Ultimately this case will come down to who attacked who. Detective Gilbreath said he had no proof either way of who attacked who, which is wrong because he does have statement(s) from Zimmerman, which is evidence no matter how you look at it. "Tie goes to the runner," in baseball - it goes to the defense in trial as it is considered "reasonable doubt" in my opinion.

With that said, I do not see how the prosecution can continue with the charges that they have filed if they do not have something in store. After discovery completes my stance may change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500