GUILTY - Sidney Moorer, Obstruction of Justice Trial, Heather Elvis case, 28 Aug 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liz Cooper:

Defense: I'm offended. I've never seen an atrocious act by the prosecutors.

Defense: You cannot convict somebody because prosecutor says he misled them. It's more than that.

lol...."for the love of everything." This is WEAK.

For some reason I'm thinking the master bedroom is actually on the first floor......if that's correct, no texting needed. She looks like she has a loud enough mouth to just shout to him.
I'm trying to remember when the police went in and found that all 5 of them had been sleeping in that room. I remember one kid sleeping in a recliner and one sleeping in the walk-in closet. I remember there being guns, but I don't remember if they ever said where the bedroom was located. You're probably right. I feel like that texting had to be part of their master cover-up, no matter what.

Regarding SM's tears: I don't think he feels a thing for Heather. Not a bit of guilt. He only feels sorry for himself having to face the music. And he's not even facing the real music, just the intro strains of music. He knows he lied, he knows he's been caught in a bunch of lies. He wants this all to go away, not because he feels anything for anyone else, but because it's inconvenient for HIM.

bdickerson:

"There's nowhere to go after you. The power is with you." - Truslow to the jury

Liz Cooper:

Defense: It's out of my hands. there's no where to go but with you. So please for the love of everything - go for evidence not suspicion.

I can't even follow what he's saying. He's all over the place.

Also, he looks and sounds like he spent his lunch break doing shots and downing every alcoholic drink he could get his hands on. He's a mess.
Probably with the juror from the mistrial. They did used to meet weekly for lunch, after all. ;)

"He had an affair, probably in the truck, so he had to get a new truck. I get it." Eh...or did he commit murder in the old truck?

I think he traded the truck in, in November before the murder.

I wanna see Sid's face when she attributed the "I think you're obsessed with me" text from Heather to him, when I really think that was actually to TM on SM's phone, wasn't it?

YES. I wanted to see both of their faces!

Soooooo good!

TM overheard SM on the phone with 20-year-old Heather, then let him wander downstairs to the kitchen WITH HIS PHONE, then was texting him in the house.

There's no way TM would've let him out of her sight with that phone in that moment. I suspect TM had both of those phones and was texting back and forth for more alibi crap.

I cannot wait for her records to come into evidence. I think they'll make everything suddenly clearer.

II'm sorry, I'm laughing out loud at Truslow's sorry a$$ closing argument.

Yeah, this is AWFUL. :facepalm:

Nancy went in chronological order. This guy is jumping from the beginning to the end to the middle and then back to the beginning. Ugh, I think the Jury will have whiplash by the time he is done. They will definitely be scratching their heads...

All good points by NL about him talking to his "girlfriend" on the payphone, then coming home, getting himself chained to the bed, but being texted by his wife to go get some OJ and potstickers from the kitchen? How ridiculous. It's like they strung a bunch of weird lies together, not bothering to see if it made sense. And it doesn't make sense.

This is the worst closing argument I've ever heard. He was literally just begging at one point saying "please". He's rambling and even says they will get someone else if not SM b/c they are so desperate to get this case closed. WTH. SMH

He's a train wreck.

IMO

I don't even know what he is talking about!?!?

Nancy went in chronological order. This guy is jumping from the beginning to the end to the middle and then back to the beginning. Ugh, I think the Jury will have whiplash by the time he is done. They will definitely be scratching their heads...

He is a train wreck! The twitching and coughing and touching his lips and jumping from subject to subject.....Nancy must be trying so hard to not just laugh out loud. And the Moorers have to be seething.

You can tell everyone else feels the same way, there haven't been any tweets since he started babbling!!!

In grade school you are taught to have rough outline, at the very least, of a speech you intend to give. I think he missed that class... all the way through law school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunshynebabii