GUILTY - Sidney Moorer, Obstruction of Justice Trial, Heather Elvis case, 28 Aug 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

HA!
Suck it Sydney, you got 10 years and by the time all this is finally over, you and your partner in crime will never see the light of day again.
Thank God for the cousin and I pray he will have protection from his kin folk.

Good ole Karma strikes again!

This is just the beginning, Moonchild. :candle:

“I’m kind of a little bit numb and it’s like a shock,” said Debbi Elvis, mother of Heather Elvis.

“You just don’t want to get your hopes up anymore, so you refuse to get your hopes up, and then they say guilty, and … you don’t realize how much it stressed you out and stressed your whole body out,” said Debbi Elvis.

She said Wednesday’s verdict felt like a step in the right direction.

“I don’t want to say I’m happy because I’m not happy,” she said. “There was no good outcome for this trial because … a father just went to jail, but it is a step in the right direction.”

Morgan Elvis, Heather’s younger sister, was present with family throughout the trial and said she was glad to see movement on the case.

“Right now, you kind of feel like the ground is falling out from underneath you … but it’s a really great feeling,” she said.

The Elvis family said they thought there wasn’t one single piece of evidence that swayed the jury, but rather a whole picture that came together during Assistant Solicitor Nancy Livesay’s closing argument.

“The Solicitor’s Office was painting a picture … and it was a Picasso,” said Terry Elvis, Heather’s father.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article170360042.html

I had to come check things out again after dinner!

Something I remembered during one of the cell phone presentations (I don't remember if it was today's or yesterday), NL asked about identifying a number. She identified this one as Heather's, that one as Sidney's, and a third one the witness didn't have identification for. At the time I thought it must have been Tammy's (was there a Sprint rep? It sees like he called the number "one of ours" but I could be jumbled up), but now I'm wondering if it was this other flip phone.

I agree that it might have been a secret phone from before, rather than that he had downloaded a picture from, say, the cloud. We don't know what it was, but I just don't think this guy would have been rattled by anything in text other than a flat-out admission of guilt, KWIM?

Finally, I really think the defense and the Moorers were completely surprised by that testimony! Wish we could have seen the courtroom at that moment!

I think there was communicating between and among phones that morning involving more than TM and SM and Heather.

The two of them haven't considered the children throughout this whole ordeal. 😔

They are narcissists and can only think about me, myself and I.
They have no shame and it's the children who will take the brunt of their parents crimes.
Shame on them.

I love how it's been 5 hours since the verdict, but 44 of us still can't bring ourselves to leave this thread. I think the 23 guests (lurkers) should officially join us. Come on, y'all.

I have a habit of leaving my browser tabs open, the computer on, and I walk away from the computer, sometimes for many hours at a time. The lights are on, but no one's home. I bet there are others who do the same thing and it looks like a lot of people are active on a thread when they haven't been at their computers.

I left about the time the tweeting was getting rolling on the phone testimony. So, three things:

It was posted that the reporter tweeted that Heather's phone had 6 calls in the LB area and the last was at 3:45. Did that get cleared up? I checked her Twitter and didn't see the tweet.

Do we know the times for SM's journey to Heather's home and the LB area?

And about the text to the pay phone... it always appeared that she didn't know it was a pay phone, and it's now obvious that she didn't. I really wonder how the LB trip(s) unfolded. I believe that's the crime scene, at the very least the kidnapping scene, but I wonder if he tried to bait her there in the first call, she didn't bite, then changed her mind. I also wonder if they made contact in her parking lot even before LB. I still think there were lots of moving parts and we don't know who had control of what phone when, or where the parties were at different times. That's always bothered me.

"I don’t want to say I’m happy because I’m not happy,” she said. “There was no good outcome for this trial because … a father just went to jail, but it is a step in the right direction.”

SBM for relevance:
Heather's mom is a much more compassionate than I would be if someone had taken my child from this earth, spread lies about my family, threatened my youngest daughter, accused my husband of the crimes that he committed, and been constantly letdown by the justice system over the past four years. I truly admire her strength and restraint.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article170360042.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a habit of leaving my browser tabs open, the computer on, and I walk away from the computer, sometimes for many hours at a time. The lights are on, but no one's home. I bet there are others who do the same thing and it looks like a lot of people are active on a thread when they haven't been at their computers.
I'm guilty too. I've been doing that for three days with this thread, in particular. That said, I'm just happy there are so many of us doing that. Sometimes it gets lonely in these threads.

I missed quoting the one about us all still being here... I'm happy and looking forward to the next phase! But I really need to get to sleep because I have to finish sewing on a project for a wedding in 2 weeks. Bad, me! lol

I think there was communicating between and among phones that morning involving more than TM and SM and Heather.

Absolutely agreed!
<modsnip>

Me, too! Although we're winding down here in the midwest, it's getting late. :)

And about the text to the pay phone... it always appeared that she didn't know it was a pay phone, and it's now obvious that she didn't. I really wonder how the LB trip(s) unfolded. I believe that's the crime scene, at the very least the kidnapping scene, but I wonder if he tried to bait her there in the first call, she didn't bite, then changed her mind. I also wonder if they made contact in her parking lot even before LB. I still think there were lots of moving parts and we don't know who had control of what phone when, or where the parties were at different times. That's always bothered me.

I don't think she had control of her phone or her car after Longbeards. Maybe she started home to take the pregnancy test and turned back, or maybe that was them trying to confuse the events. This newest presentation from Hawke was a nice step forward! I hope we get to see it close up as spectators, and that he does one for Tammy's trial showing her phone's movements.

<modsnip>

I'm guilty too. I've been doing that for three days with this thread, in particular. That said, I'm just happy there are so many of us doing that. Sometimes it gets lonely in these threads.

I'm mostly on Reddit and Facebook these days. Reddit has some great forums about narcissists that I've learned a lot on!

I have followed this case since the beginning, and I thank all of you regulars here for keeping the threads and news up to date. It was almost excruciating to watch this trial--with this judge--because I feared it would be a repeat of the kidnapping trial. I walked away from the computer for a couple of hours after closing arguments (Was KT high? OMG) and by the time I returned, not only a verdict but sentencing as well.

I think this judge knows from the kidnapping trial (something he said in response to the motion for a directed verdict in that trial) that SM is guilty as hell, but he always seems so biased against the prosecution. The sentence was surprising, heartening, and sad. Justice was served, but Heather is still gone, still not found. The Moorer children are scarred and will have an uphill battle toward any semblance of normalcy--if they can ever get away from their mother. The cousin went against a very entrenched family culture to testify today--what heart that took.

I was thrilled with the verdict and sentence. But at the end of the day, I feel sad. Sad that Heather was sucked into a vortex of crazy four years ago that ultimately she could not escape. I hope one day she will be found and brought home to rest. May DdM be the first of many who break the cycle to speak truth over family.

Been gone all day, just saw the news. Now to get caught up.

We are closer to getting justice for you, sweet Heather &#10084;

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

I love how it's been 5 hours since the verdict, but 44 of us still can't bring ourselves to leave this thread. I think the 23 guests (lurkers) should officially join us. Come on, y'all.
Hey Surfside, great to see you're still active on Heathers threads. I'm still around albeit behind the scenes. Been following from the start *since Heather went missing* just haven't been posting but really appreciate all the members who have posted and kept Heathers threads alive. Also, a huge thanks to those who've kept us all updated with the tweets and/or videos/pics of the trial/s... very much appreciated!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aib51