GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

Discussion in 'Heather Elvis' started by JerseyGirl, Jul 16, 2019.

1. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

We knew it was something they weren't expecting for TM to come to the area and then be packed up and hauled back after two nights. I wonder in hindsight if the defense regrets having AC testify now that they know how damaging she was to his cause. They had to know the video was going to be used prior to that.

2. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

Looks like all sentences run concurrent including the Obstruction charge and he's been given credit for 3 years...
    upload_2019-9-24_11-29-11.png

3. Surfside

Surfside Court's Indulgence

"No escapes during current incarceration." Ha! Like he could escape without TM planning said escape.

4. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

I chuckled at that too.

So is he not eligible for parole through his OOJ now that he has the Kidnapping charges?

5. LookingForClues

LookingForClues Active Member

Except we have an interview with Solicitor Jimmy Richardson and he says:

"I am burdened with a lot of knowledge that I can't drop," he explained. "That knowledge gives me hope that that ultimate goal of returning Heather to her parents and to her sister is still possible. I am not going to say that it's 100%, or that it's even probable, but I have hope."

A hope, he clarified, that rested on two people's cooperation and a ticking window of time under relatively new state law.

"Sidney now has 364 more days to provide substantial assistance," he said, mentioning a legal requirement that would enable Moorer to reduce his sentence if met. "What I mean by that is to provide us with the body or some portion of it."

'Justice is a poor substitution:' Prosecutors reflect on Moorer trials, Elvis' whereabouts

6. kaen

kaen Trying to be a good human.

@JerseyGirl

Tammy is due to be released in 2043 after serving about 85 percent of her sentence. Kidnap and Conspiracy to Kidnap has no parole just a possible work release after you serve 85%. Her release date is at 85% of her sentence beginning at 11/14/2017 (projected date: 05/09/2043).

For Sidney, if he served the 25.5 years (85%) he would be eligible for potential work release in somewhere in mid-2044 (calculating from the projected start date of 10/07/19 on the inmate website). The judge had stated that he would let the Department of Corrections determine if he got credit for some/any of the time served. So I assume that he serves the OoJ after the 25.5. He probably got credit for the just under 3 years that he served and time he spent in jail prior to the trial. The rest of the time (after mid-2044) to release is probably his OoJ time that will probably have some more reductions as he serves if he goes to education, programs and gets days shaved off through their formula. I think?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  7. Momof4RN

Momof4RN Well-Known Member

Well that’s just dumb. He should have to finish out the 10years first. And certainly he shouldn’t Already get credit for 3! What a waste of tax payer money on the OJ trial. MOO

8. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

I don't have a problem with the credit for time served on the kidnapping charges, but I do have a huge problem with his kidnapping sentences running concurrent with his OOJ charge!

9. ohiobuckeyegirl

ohiobuckeyegirl Well-Known Member

Oh, she would have just gotten up there and said they're so rich she can afford to burn rags after one use. How their truck cost $40,000.00 and they wanted to keep it nice blah blah blah. Probably would have inserted Disney and Mickey into the convo somehow.

10. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

Don't forget the Mickey antennae ornaments, changed out for the seasons.

11. ohiobuckeyegirl

ohiobuckeyegirl Well-Known Member

Living that sweet Mickey life..

12. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

You know I've never given much thought to her Disney obsession. Anyone want to take a stab at "why"?

13. Kakidoll

Kakidoll Karma never forgets

I wonder how many visitors TM is allowed? Think AC was there the next day telling her everything? Ah, to be a fly on the wall in her jail cell.

14. Richmond

Richmond Well-Known Member

As soon as Dennis said he was going to let the Corrections dept. decide this, I was like, hmmmm, wtf? He's the judge and has discretion to hand down a complete sentence--meaning not leaving any part of it to Corrections dept. (Lucky SM!...the judge has a connection to his parents!) Is that a common thing for judges to do?

15. Momof4RN

ok that’s my new fact for the day. I’m almost afraid to even ask but What’s the story here?

16. Momof4RN

Right so much for his claims of never getting a fair trial in Horry County. Think he was actually given an advantage most do not have. This would be a good question for @gitana1. Tho I have a feeling I know the answer to that. Moo

17. Warwick7

Warwick7 Well-Known Member

18. grillzgirl

grillzgirl Well-Known Member

19. BlackCloud

BlackCloud Well-Known Member

Don't be surprised. It's prison sense of humour...:D

20. Sambanks

Sambanks Member

I agree. AC'S boyfriend too. He was seen in the car washing video. His face was blurred out, but he was obviously close to that family. Id love to hear what he has to say.