GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

Discussion in 'Heather Elvis' started by JerseyGirl, Jul 16, 2019.

1. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

No, parole hearings MOO are not public nor streamed or tweeted unless second hand information, e.g. by victims family who I would believe to be informed of such - or media who finds out.

Shocks me to the core to know that a parole hearing is even done so early. SMDH

Flicka1 and Niner like this.
  2. lisette

lisette Well-Known Member

Wish they would tell, but kinda understand why they wouldn’t..I mean, they were found guilty of kidnapping, not murder. If they reveal the location of her body, couldn’t they then he tried for murder? So what would be the motivation?I mean, it might lower the sentence for kidnapping, but then they could be tried for murder.

3. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Crime Addict

I was about to post the very same thing, you beat me to it. I simply don't see why they would reveal where Heather is. It would only be a confession that they killed her which would then result in a murder charge.

Twolabs, Flicka1, Niner and 1 other person like this.
  4. TedMac

TedMac Well-Known Member

It is my understanding that if they revealed the location of the body and the body was in fact recovered, they would not be prosecuted any further for ANY crimes involving Heather Elvis. Probably, the reason they haven't said anything is on the advice of their legal counsel, who I'm sure has filed numerous appeals hoping for some sort of a "Hail Mary" miracle. Another reason may be the body is simply not recoverable. The link is no longer available, but the Prosecutor stated the same not long after the arrests.

Carolina Girl, byo, Flicka1 and 5 others like this.
  5. jillycat

jillycat Well-Known Member

I don’t think she’s recoverable, sadly.

There’s just something about the Moorers that is a special kind of slime.

For him to witness Heather’s mother pleading for her daughters location, and to smugly pretend he has no information about what happened to her is stunning. There is no consequence in this world or the hereafter that is commensurate.

6. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

A state statute allows Sidney Moorer a year to come forward with substantial evidence to cut a deal for less time behind bars. He was sentenced a year ago Friday.

Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said he believes a judge could even accept something as late as Monday, but as of this report Richardson has not heard anything from Sidney Moorer.

Right after Sidney’s conviction, Heather Elvis’ family plead to the judge for information about where their daughter is.

“At this point, you can give him a day if he’ll just tell us where she’s at,” said Terri Elvis, Heather’s father.

The time for Sidney Moorer to come forward with information to try to recieve a reduced sentence is ending.

“We haven’t heard anything from Sidney or Tammy. To hold out any hope that some information would come out today or even Monday. I dont believe it will,” said 15th Circuit Solicitor Jimmy Richardson.
    Time running out for Sidney Moorer to come forward with information on Heather Elvis’ whereabouts | WBTW

7. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

jash, byo, Gardenista and 4 others like this.
  8. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

While reflecting on Sidney’s conviction a year ago, Solicitor Richarson said finding Heather is the only thing he would accept.

“It was always my goal to give the Elvis’ their daughter back to have a place for her to be buried. A year later, we have fallen short of that goal. I think that with everything we were given we have done everything possible to give that poor substitute which is justice. Both of them are sitting injail and they are sitting in there for decades on a non-parolable offense,” said Richardson.

The Moorers must serve 85 percent of their sentence. Sidney’s obstruction of justice charge appeal was denied in July. Both the Moorers’ kidnapping charge is in the appellate process.

As for Heather’s case, her family and Richardson hope someone in the community comes forward with information. If you know anything contact Horry County Police.
    Time running out for Sidney Moorer to come forward with information on Heather Elvis’ whereabouts | WBTW

9. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

So - he was sent back to jail - does he have another parole hearing a year from now or ??

TIA! :)

Dontknow? and Flicka1 like this.
  10. Forumetiolo

Forumetiolo Member

Heather was such a beauty. So sad.

11. Niner

Was wondering if Sidney gets a parole hearing every year? I have him due on 11/27/20 - is this incorrect?
    @Knox - looks like you can access the court site - is there a parole hearing on the 11/27?

TIA! :)

jash, Knox, Shadow@light and 5 others like this.
  12. Considering

Considering Well-Known Member

Not Knox, but in the article Knox posted above Solicitor Jimmy Richardson states, "Both of them are sitting in jail and they are sitting in there for decades on a non-parolable offense" so I don't know why there would be a parole hearing.

Deadline passes for Sidney Moorer to come forward with information on Heather Elvis’ whereabouts | WBTW

jash, Knox, Dontknow? and 5 others like this.
  13. Carolina Girl

Carolina Girl Well-Known Member

Seems like he had a hearing for one of his other charges? My brain is fuzzy about it and this year has lasted decades. Yes, they are in jail now for real decades. No parole.

jash, lonetraveler, Knox and 6 others like this.
  14. Niner

Thank you for the answers! Much appreciated. I had him coming up on 11/27/20 - so I guess not....

Shadow@light, jash, Knox and 2 others like this.
  15. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Shadow@light, jash, cujenn81 and 7 others like this.
  16. Niner

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/article247538190.html

Dec. 1, 2020

One of the two people who kidnapped Heather Elvis from an Horry County boat landing in 2013 asked the state’s Supreme Court to toss one of his convictions in the case.

Sidney Moorer recently filed a request with South Carolina’s highest court to review his obstruction of justice case.
    [.....]
    Sidney was also convicted in 2017—during a separate trial—of obstruction of justice for lying to investigators about Elvis’ disappearance. A judge sentenced him to 10 years on that charge.

sassyblue likes this.
  17. Niner

He tried an appeal back in July, 2020 and was denied per my notes:

7/1/20 Update: Appeal on obstruction of justice charge-denied. Moorer appealed his conviction of obstruction of justice for lying to law enforcement & leaving out information in the investigation into the disappearance of Heather. Moorer said the court made a mistake denying his motion for a directed verdict. The South Carolina Court of Appeals said the court did not make any mistakes in denying the motion & that Moorer was guilty of obstruction of justice based on the “substantial circumstantial evidence” provided by the state.

sassyblue and QPRfan like this.