GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Facebook posts do not have an embedded, immutable timestamp, and can be manipulated after the fact to any timestamp, without anyone being able to tell it was modified, that would be a pretty easily-abused feature that I'd think Facebook would want to shore up, lest they open themselves up to all manner of subpoenas.

Wild About Trial‏ @WildAboutTrial 4m4 minutes ago
Jury has gone home and will start deliberating tomorrow morning. What are your thoughts on the upcoming decision? #TammyMoorerTrial

Wow. Catching up after a busy day and I have lots of reading to do.

JMO
I cant believe the jury already got the case. I thought it would go longer after last week.

Time for me to catch up and give good thoughts and vibes to the jury. I hope the jury remembers that there was absolutely nobody else that had any sort of motive to disappear HE and when you couple the strong motive with all the phone contacting going on at that early morning hour and how the defense tried to lie about what they were doing up at that witching hour then there is only one "reasonable" answer why HE went missing.

No matter who actually made her take her last breath both of them are equally as guilty in the kidnapping IMO.

If Facebook posts do not have an embedded, immutable timestamp, and can be manipulated after the fact to any timestamp, without anyone being able to tell it was modified, that would be a pretty easily-abused feature that I'd think Facebook would want to shore up, lest they open themselves up to all manner of subpoenas.
There are legitimate applications for being able to backdate a FB post, as well, though. For instance, sometimes I scan and upload a photo of a friend, from when we were in middle school, to wish them a "Happy Birthday." I typically try to backdate it to the approximate time the photo would have been taken. Without the ability to put things in chronological order of when they happened, it would make it difficult to keep calling it your "timeline."

Additionally, and I know some WS'ers are getting tired of me posting this, big tech companies typically refuse interstate subpoenas. If it's a federal case, they comply. If the charges are in a state, other than the state where the company is headquartered, they typically refuse it.

JMO.

There are legitimate applications for being able to backdate a FB post, as well, though. For instance, sometimes I scan and upload a photo of a friend, from when we were in middle school, to wish them a "Happy Birthday." I typically try to backdate it to the approximate time the photo would have been taken. Without the ability to put things in chronological order of when they happened, it would make it difficult to keep calling it your "timeline."

Additionally, and I know some WS'ers are getting tired of me posting this, big tech companies typically refuse interstate subpoenas. If it's a federal case, they comply. If the charges are in a state, other than the state where the company is headquartered, they typically refuse it.

JMO.

I don't disagree. What I'm saying is, it's highly unlikely that there's not a publicly available method to determine the original timestamp of the post. I haven't researched this particular issue, but I think I may, because it's quite the loophole.

I'm so glad this was part of Judge Culbertson's instructions to the jury:

"You heard testimony from a witness that has a prior record. A person who has a past criminal record is competent to testify during a trial. Past record does not affect the ability of that witness to testify. A past record may only be considered by you, if at all, in determining the witness's believability."

I hope they think long and hard about DD's testimony regarding the photo he saw of Heather, and I hope they determine he was believable. JMO.

https://wildabouttrial.com/live-streaming/live-stream-1/

Guilty! She is so obviously caught and you can see the physical reaction.

I agree, she looked like she was really starting to (almost) cry for herself on two occasions that she appeared to be caught on today. One was regarding the video of truck to Peach Tree & I believe the argument on not having postings for the critical time of alleged kidnapping. She goes from being cocky &/or arrogant to reduced to tears when NL nicely & patiently asks her again & again to answer. Might have been a third time too. Bottom line, when she was shaken or reduced to almost tears; it was never that HE was missing or thoughts or prayers for her family.

As I am a chicken, and don't want to use FB, is there a 'livestream' of NL's closing available?
Would really love to see this, after following here.
From being really worried early morning, after seeing your posts about this closing, I am feeling much more confident.

I have a question. Why didn't SM just block Heather's number, that way he would have never heard from her? This was an evil game for her. They are so obviously guilty and Nancy Livesay is a rock star!
It was an evil game for TM. Her demeanor on the stand was exactly what I expected. I have personal beef <modsnipped- please use proper name>. She and her paid minions came at me when I was blogging about the case. This woman is maladjusted. She DELIGHTED in harassing the Elvis family. She is a bully and she showed her true self on that stand. I'm so glad NL mentioned it. She's right -- she's grown, Heather was a young girl and I cannot imagine how terrified HE was of her. I've seen <modsnipped> in action and I fully believe that she is GUILTY!

Last edited by a moderator:
Julie Calhoun‏ @JulieCalhounTV 2m2 minutes ago
Defense says that they can't prove that Sidney got a tattoo of Tammy's name after the affair, they can't prove that Heather was pregnant, and they can't prove the Moorer's destroyed security cameras in their home, and that there's no evidence at the Peachtree boat landing
They proved kidnapping and conspiracy to kidnap. They proved that she hoodwinked Heather along with Sydney.
Doesn’t matter whether they proved when the tattoo was done. The fact that he got the tattoo at all speaks volumes about her. Doesn’t matter whether Heather was pregnant or not – she’s gone.
GM mentioned a local legend Jim Dunn, here's some info about him. Disclaimer GM is NO Jim Dunn....Google Groups
Since you brought former Solicitor Jim Dunn up just got to say that he was kind of an incredible Prosecutor. He was definitely one of a kind. When I think about him I smile. May he rest in peace
Greg should not have brought up his name.

Try as I might, I can't recall much of what TM's lawyer actually said in closing. I was trying hard to pay attention and put myself in the place of a juror, but his verbal meandering and yelling didn't stick with me aside from saying everyone on the state's side is wrong, calling the case a joke and bringing up chloroform, Charles Manson and hooded figures lurking in the dark.

I vividly remember NL's statements and the picture she painted with the Snow White story. The lump in my throat as she took us through the events and said "we wish we could tell her [Heather] to turn around, go back" (paraphrased) as she drove towards Peach Tree Landing. The mental image of the black F-150 moving towards Heather is just haunting and heartbreaking.

Another thing that really sticks in my mind is Tammy never REALLY broke down through the entire trial. She looked like she might a few times and squeezed out a few tears here and there, but she did WAY more smiling and laughing. I hope the jurors noticed that. I have looked at it from every angle and I just can't see an innocent person that comprehends what's happening to be so smug and cheerful. I really can't fathom a guilty person acting that way! Being on trial and facing 30+ years in prison should be terrifying and serious.

Update: I have confirmed, the original timestamp is preserved when a post's date is changed on Facebook. In addition, modifying the post's date adds a "clock" icon to the post, over which you can hover, and it will display the originally posted-on timestamp. This data is also available in JSON via their Graph API with the fields "created_time" and "updated_time".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa