GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, I was surprised that I felt so bad for her kids. It makes you wonder if they were in total shock? Just looking at them (especially the daughter's reaction) it looked like they did not think the verdict would be guilty.

I, too, feel very bad for them. I hope they all go on to live peaceful lives and find partners with good/normal parents, get married, have babies and can put all of the lies and chaos behind them.

God, I just feel so awful for their kids. They have had their lives forever changed for the worst based on their parents' inability to behave like human beings. I believe Tammy is a loving mother to those kids, and it is as sad to me as the Elvis' losing their daughter, that they were ever even brought into this. As a parent, one thing we should try to do is maintain as much normalcy for our children as possible during the worst of times; the Moorers did the exact opposite at every opportunity I can discern. No one wins anything here. So many lives destroyed.

Their children go to school in Florida or just the oldest ? I hope Polly moves them away from MB. I think the children believed everything Tammy told them about being innocent, why wouldn't they ...she is their mom and prior to Dec 2013 the kids seemed to enjoy a pretty good life. Yes, I know Heather paid the ultimate price and her family has been through hell. But I believe the Moorer children deserve to be able to live their lives without having to pay for the sins of their parents.

Okay you guys, I am like 4 threads behind on this but I've been watching the news. How much time can TM get for this guilty verdict?

Also, I saw that she said she hates SM for not testifying...I wonder if she will concoct a new story and throw him under the bus for leniency?! Wouldn't that be a hoot!

iu

God, I just feel so awful for their kids. They have had their lives forever changed for the worst based on their parents' inability to behave like human beings. I believe Tammy is a loving mother to those kids, and it is as sad to me as the Elvis' losing their daughter, that they were ever even brought into this. As a parent, one thing we should try to do is maintain as much normalcy for our children as possible during the worst of times; the Moorers did the exact opposite at every opportunity I can discern. No one wins anything here. So many lives destroyed.

BBM: She was not a loving mother to those kids. Everything you said after "As a parent..." proves that she was not. No loving parent would expose their children to what these kids were exposed to. Even if they wanted to be in court, a loving parent would not allow it knowing all that would be revealed (TM had all the discovery in this case). Narcissists use others for their own needs. She used her children. It has always and ever been all about Tammy. IMO

Nah, I think she was sunk whether she took the stand or not. Can't argue with the timeline, the phone calls, the pings, the experts. It was fated to be a guilty verdict (IMO).

I agree, Madeleine74. When I took the time this last weekend, to review testimony and evidence, it was the phone records/locations, and TM's own words in the interview with the detective (where TM said she was with SM all night), that made the picture appear so clear to me. Those two were stalking Heather that night, and took sly measures to lure Heather out from the safety of her home.

The Elvis family was gracious and kind in acknowledging how 2 families were broken now because of the selfish actions of the parents. And that is true. They have empathy for others, especially for the children who do not deserve what all is happening to them. Let's hope over time they will find honest and good people to guide them forward.

If she does win an appeal and gets a new trial, think she will testify?

I think not. I think this may have been a hung jury without her testimony.
I doubt that she will get an appeal. And I think it could have been a hung jury too if she kept her mouth shut. With an alternate juror at the last minute (who knows what the other juror would have done), her lunatic testimony and who knows what other variables, we can't know if this would have gone a different way had those things not happened, but I personally think that her counsel was not on the ball at times, gave a poor closing, and she testified herself into a corner, so when stacked alongside the circumstantial case, it was a bad day for TM.

I don't mean her counsel was ineffective under the law or gives an appeal credibility, I just think the closing was especially lame.

At any rate, I do think she damaged herself with her running mouth, arrogance, and obvious lack of authentic regard for Heather. Her remark at sentencing that she was Heather's #1 advocate had to be resounding punctuation for the jury that they got this so very right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288