GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Violence seems normal to TM--I wonder how much violence goes on in that family. If my husband had an affair, my extended family wouldn't all get together to stalk and intimidate her, post pics of us with guns and then murder her. They remind me of a mafia family.

If I'm the prosecutor I'm so using TM's statements in my closing argument to tell the jury how TM actually admits that Heather was not only "kidnapped" but was "killed." And there's only one way she can know that for sure. TM basically admits Heather is never coming home because she's dead and not just dead due to some accident...she was "killed." Those were her words and she said them during her inappropriate angry comeback to NL.

If I'm the prosecutor I'm so using TM's statements in my closing argument to tell the jury how TM actually admits that Heather was not only "kidnapped" but was "killed." And there's only one way she can know that for sure. TM basically admits Heather is never coming home because she's dead and not just dead due to some accident...she was "killed." Those were her words and she said them during her inappropriate angry comeback to NL.
Except she's not on trial for murder.

Funny, I don’t remember anyone else up to this point saying that Heather is dead or was killed.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 7m7 minutes ago
#TammyMoorer - Tammy said to prosecutor Livesay: "I could sit here and wonder how many married men you've slept with, but I"m not going to judge you on that, because that doesn't mean you killed somebody. It doesn't mean you've kidnapped somebody."

Dp5rFucUwAAdVsh.jpg

Cathy Russon Retweeted Cathy Russon

#TammyMoorer - After the jury was excused for the day, Livesay asked the judge to instruct Tammy to just answer the questions and not get personal.

I think this is huge, re her killing/kidnapping statement. She is on trial for kidnapping not murder, why even mention killing in front of the jury? I think while she was unleashing her anger on Nancy because Nancy was unveiling her the truth came out. IMO.
You are so right. Thank you for catching that.

JMO
Catching up as I had to miss the afternoon part and will watch the replays. One thing I heard was how she said about SM
"I love him but Im not in love with him"

I hope SM hears this and hope he calls the state attorneys office this weekend to make a deal with them to testify against her. Then maybe NL can call him as a rebuttal witness.

He can save his own skin. Unless he wants to jeopardise more of his freedom after his 10 year term is up.

Honestly, one of the high points of the day for me was when the defense hauled in even more witnesses who were irrelevant to the case, and knew so little about Heather, they don't even remember the time frame for when they passed through her life.

The defense really has struck out with their witnesses. With this trial dragging on, now into the 3rd week (when it appears that the judge may have told the jurors that it should last about 1 week), the jury may not look fondly on time wasted on witnesses that have little to nothing to add to prove or disprove the charges against TM.

Honestly, one of the high points of the day for me was when the defense hauled in even more witnesses who were irrelevant to the case, and knew so little about Heather, they don't even remember the time frame for when they passed through her life.
I really liked the guy who thought he bumped into Heather when he was drunk, who was later shown a video of the exchange and realized it was a case of mistaken identity. He was adamant that it wasn't her and that he'd clearly had too much to drink, since in the video, her arm tat was missing. I thought he came across as honest and unshakable.

JMO
Catching up as I had to miss the afternoon part and will watch the replays. One thing I heard was how she said about SM
"I love him but Im not in love with him"

I hope SM hears this and hope he calls the state attorneys office this weekend to make a deal with them to testify against her. Then maybe NL can call him as a rebuttal witness.

He can save his own skin. Unless he wants to jeopardise more of his freedom after his 10 year term is up.
She went one better--she said that she wasn't "with SM" because he didn't take the stand in his defense in his trial.

YES!!

Except she's not on trial for murder.

Not yet...

Funny, I don’t remember anyone else up to this point saying that Heather is dead or was killed.

Exactly and she just informed the jury too. She's going to be having panic attacks this weekend trying to figure out how to save that. I can hear GM saying "Now Tammy you didn't mean to imply that Heather was killed when you made a comment to Ms. Livesay did you? You simply meant...."

#TammyMoorer - Tammy said to prosecutor Livesay: "I could sit here and wonder how many married men you've slept with, but I"m not going to judge you on that, because that doesn't mean you killed somebody. It doesn't mean you've kidnapped somebody."

Dp5rFucUwAAdVsh.jpg

Cathy Russon Retweeted Cathy Russon

#TammyMoorer - After the jury was excused for the day, Livesay asked the judge to instruct Tammy to just answer the questions and not get personal.

I think this is huge, re her killing/kidnapping statement. She is on trial for kidnapping not murder, why even mention killing in front of the jury? I think while she was unleashing her anger on Nancy because Nancy was unveiling her the truth came out. IMO.
My same tbought. A huge "oops" moment from her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd