GUILTY - Tammy Moorer - trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 *Appeals denied* #11

I've got a few questions... Looking at the dates that SM and TM were in FL or on trips... how did he even have time for a 'relationship' with HE? And how did he keep jobs when it seemed they were on the go all the time? She posts that they were gone for 2 weeks at a time.. pretty often. So many contradictions on their finances too...
Hypothetically speaking, I could understand but not condone it in any way, shape, or form, some of the financial discrepancies. If for example, someone might receive money from some sort of personal injury lawsuit and it not being taxable.Perhaps in this hypothetical situation, the settlement was paid as an annuity for a certain period of time vs lump sum payment. In some cases, its reported on a 1099, in other situations it is not. Perhaps that sum is enough to live off of and the income from a maintenance job doesn't need to be substantial, as it could be considered just extra spending money. There would be no necessity in maintaining a reputable business as the money might not be necessary.Perhaps that maintenance worker doesn't need to be reliable and can be a cheating play baby. In this hypothetical situation, perhaps the only income that shows up on ones tax return is the maintenance income because the personal injury lawsuit settlement money is nontaxable. That would lend one to very low reportable taxable income, make one eligible for a lot of government subsidies or programs because most of the income never shows up on the federal tax return. It might also enable one to receive child tax credits and receive federal tax refunds where not only ones withholding or estimated taxes paid in are refunded but one would receive more in tax refunds than was ever paid. Of course this is all hypothetical but real life sometimes mirrors it. Some people know the system well and utilize it to their benefit.

Hypothetically speaking, I could understand but not condone it in any way, shape, or form, some of the financial discrepancies. If for example, someone might receive money from some sort of personal injury lawsuit and it not being taxable.Perhaps in this hypothetical situation, the settlement was paid as an annuity for a certain period of time vs lump sum payment. In some cases, its reported on a 1099, in other situations it is not. Perhaps that sum is enough to live off of and the income from a maintenance job doesn't need to be substantial, as it could be considered just extra spending money. There would be no necessity in maintaining a reputable business as the money might not be necessary.Perhaps that maintenance worker doesn't need to be reliable and can be a cheating play baby. In this hypothetical situation, perhaps the only income that shows up on ones tax return is the maintenance income because the personal injury lawsuit settlement money is nontaxable. That would lend one to very low reportable taxable income, make one eligible for a lot of government subsidies or programs because most of the income never shows up on the federal tax return. It might also enable one to receive child tax credits and receive federal tax refunds where not only ones withholding or estimated taxes paid in are refunded but one would receive more in tax refunds than was ever paid. Of course this is all hypothetical but real life sometimes mirrors it. Some people know the system well and utilize it to their benefit.

Do settlements from lawsuits really never need to be reported?

Do settlements from lawsuits really never need to be reported?
Most personal injury case settlements are not taxable income but there are cases when part or all of it may be taxable. Other types of lawsuits may or may not qualify for taxation. Each case is different. So in my hypothetical example, if someone had gotten a settlement for a personal injury case, more than likely it wouldn't be taxable. Each case is different though and does provide some people with an opportunity to only report earnings from their respective business on their tax return which can benefit someone who tends to abuse the system. It's of course hypothetical and may or may not be a possibility.

We cut the cable cord last year so I'm patiently waiting for the show to be posted online.

Also, I'm not so patiently waiting for some juror interviews
I just googled Dateline and chose episodes, found it easily and watched it this morning on my laptop. I don't have cable either.

Just watching the Dateline, glad to see/hear NL "first name basis" again. Also, Morgan is one of the most amazing women I have ever seen. Heather is so lucky to have her. The entire Elvis family is amazing. It also hurt my heart a lot to watch this.

IMHO

Does anyone remember if TMs phone pings from her cell were discussed in her trial??? I can’t for the life of me find it...

Does anyone remember if TMs phone pings from her cell were discussed in her trial??? I can’t for the life of me find it...

Hi Addy,

I'm not sure if actual "pings" of TM's were discussed at trial, but I do remember that phone records of calls were.

Hi Addy,

I'm not sure if actual "pings" of TM's were discussed at trial, but I do remember that phone records of calls were.

How in the world could they not have talked about her pings???? How is that possible?? Isn’t that huge?
I guess we are supposed to assume that the phones were together all night? I’d still like to have seen proof from pings...

The pings were discussed on Day 2. IIRC, they only had TM/SM's tower pings, as their Google data had conveniently been deleted. (The expert testified that Google location information is the most accurate.)

The prosecution called [MM] to the stand who is an expert witness when it comes to analyzing cell phone data, and gave extensive testimony when it comes to where Heather Elvis, Sidney and Tammy Moorer's phones pinged on cell towers for months ,and the day Heather Elvis' went missing.

[MM] testified that data shows on the night of December 17th into the early morning hours of December 18th, when Heather Elvis went missing, that Sidney and Tammy Moorer were together.

He goes into great detail where they went to that night and testified that around 1:30 in the morning on December 18th, the Moorer's cell phones pinged a tower in the area where a payphone called Heather Elvis' phone. A call Heather received at 1:33 a.m.

Day 2 of testimony in Tammy Moorer kidnapping trial

i think we'll hear about his next trial by the end of this month... unless they are just going to let him stew longer now that the TM is in prison too. Might take a bit for reality to set in that his kids are with HER mom again... for good. Only hope he puts them first and maybe rolls so that his parents could get custody...even if it is only the youngest by the time that happens

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back