***GUILTY***The Verdict Waiting Room #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG. Guilty. I didn't dare check the verdict. I've been sitting here for hours just worrying but afraid to look.

I am SO relieved, for Allison and her loved ones.

Zwiebel, one down and next one to go will be Oscar Pistorius. For those not following OP trial, Zwiebel has been incredible, typing out the audio of the court faster than Kate Kyriacou can send a tweet.

And on channel 7 this afternoon there was a person saying that they will have to visit until the courts decide they are at an age that they can decide to decline visiting him in jail. Family Law is such that a father has a right to a relationship with their children even if he is convicted of murdering their mother. He has to request the visits though. Maybe Alioop knows more on the legal processes here.

That's correct. I also understand that the girls were so upset after each visit that they got stretched out to a lot longer gap between visits.

When will Family Law and expert psychologists employed by the judge/court realise that contact with such people is

A) at best : confusing to the child/ren and

B) at worst : detrimental to the child/ren.

Common sense is lost.

Victims are traumatised by these sorts of laws/decisions made by those with power/best intentions.

And on channel 7 this afternoon there was a person saying that they will have to visit until the courts decide they are at an age that they can decide to decline visiting him in jail. Family Law is such that a father has a right to a relationship with their children even if he is convicted of murdering their mother. He has to request the visits though. Maybe Alioop knows more on the legal processes here.

That's correct. I also understand that the girls were so upset after each visit that they got stretched out to a lot longer gap between visits.

Let's hope that true justice prevails and they are not traumatised further by being forced to visit him in jail. That truly makes my heart break. :(

WOW. I can't even begin to imagine how the girls would process what has happened. I wonder if they miss their dad. It's just such an awful situation and must be so confusing to have all of those different and conflicting emotions.

What happens to Allison's insurance now?
Sorry if this has been asked.

Oh what a wonderful day. All our prayers have been answered today. I felt hundreds holding my hand today.

It's nuts - no child should be subjected to this. !!

Forget 'benefit of the doubt' - How about 'erring on the side of caution'.

Seriously !!

Come on Australia - Our Children Deserve Better Than This.

that's correct. I also understand that the girls were so upset after each visit that they got stretched out to a lot longer gap between visits.

I hope his visits with them are supervised - I am imagining all sorts of manipulation on his part over the past 2 years, which would be very distressing for the girls.

WHAT A DAY! My workplace blocks websleuths. Had to go climb a friggin tree to get mobile reception to post what I did earlier than now.

Thank Goodness for the JURY! WOOHOO!

Baden-Clay jurors not told of traffic camera

Now that Gerard Baden-Clay has been found guilty of murder, it can be revealed that a traffic camera filmed a car similar to his family's Holden Captiva at a roundabout near their home on the night of his wife Allison's disappearance.

But the information was never used in the trial and the jury were not made aware of that part of the investigation.

Read more at http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national...ot-told-of-traffic-camera#pZQe9rAxyS3adLrI.99

Now that Gerard Baden-Clay has been found guilty of murder, it can be revealed that a traffic camera filmed a car similar to his family's Holden Captiva at a roundabout near their home on the night of his wife Allison's disappearance.

But the information was never used in the trial and the jury were not made aware of that part of the investigation.

Read more at http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national...ot-told-of-traffic-camera#pZQe9rAxyS3adLrI.99

Problem is that there are plenty of similar looking 4WD's out in this area.

Hi kiwijayne!
Thinking of you today , you have come full circle with this case. I feel exhausted tonight .
Who would have known after your first post here we would be following in such numbers on here 2 and a bit years on.

Hi kiwijayne!
Thinking of you today , you have come full circle with this case. I feel exhausted tonight .
Who would have known after your first post here we would be following in such numbers on here 2 and a bit years on.

Thanks. I feel tired too. Have bought a nice wine to celebrate victory for the whole Dickie family.

I know I'm just happy to see justice served.

Having tracked the Casey Anthony case for a similar period of time, I was absolutely petrified that the verdict here would be similar. I had lost faith in the Jury system. I felt that they did not understand circumstantial evidence.

My profound congratulations go to the Jury who are clearly intelligent enough to read the "big picture" and made the courageous decision to convict accordingly. I think you will all realise over the next few days what an wonderful thing you have done and you will find your onerous decision supported by a lot more evidence that could not be presented at trial because it may be prejudicial. Your have given dignity to a wonderful lady, her family and her friends and you have done it fairly. You didn't rush your decision. Sleep well tonight...you were amazing!

I think that was most likely him but police couldn't quite get enough evidence to prove it...hence the repeated requests for public assistance concerning the roundabout.

And that was why GBC was asking questions about cameras at the roundabout.

WOW. I can't even begin to imagine how the girls would process what has happened. I wonder if they miss their dad. It's just such an awful situation and must be so confusing to have all of those different and conflicting emotions.

I agree, we don't even know exactly what the girls know. I don't think it's as simple as 'they shouldn't be visiting their father'. I just think it's complex and decisions should be made on a case by case basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann