***GUILTY***The Verdict Waiting Room #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter shields, saying on behalf of my clients family I implore you to give them some distance. They were not on trial. It would not be appropriate to comment on an appeal at this stage.

Well, they spoke of Allison as though she were on trial

I have been surprised by my own emotional response today. The POWERFUL images of Allison's family of origin having leave, finally, to directly address Allison's killer (poor dear Mods, having to go back through the past two years' output and remove all those 'alleged's) without disruption, deflection, disingenuity. His Honour, himself very respectful of women, letting rip. Those balloons, ascending to Heaven to join she whom they honour. The overwhelming scale of human wreckage one man can create.

THANK YOU to Websleuths, our hardworking Mods, you incredible collective of brainy, brawny, witty sleuthers, especially our esteemed experts and those who typed their little hearts out to keep us up-to-date. This forum has, in my opinion, proved itself as the most reliable, respectful and intelligent of all.

Now, if I apologise for my nervoustensionfuelled gags about the deliberating jury, will you allow me to say a little 'see? Lawyers aren't ALL bad'? Ta, that felt good :)

Finally, thank you all for creating a welcoming place in which to have a conversation about JUSTICE FOR ALLISON *advertiser censored*

Yes I agree, and they will all probably believe they are the true victims in all of this, and it's such an unjust world.

I'd like to know more about possible charges relating to 'assisted in a plan' which seemed very carefully worded by the judge.
Me too!Am wondering when we will hear something.Interesting to read some of the legal arguments we were not privy to at the time as the judge was spot on with his comments.

yes ali but isn't unlawful killing a lesser charge than murder like in a car accident for example

There are also specific provisions dealing with death such as dangerous driving sec 328A. Can still be up to 14 years prison.

Waiting for the edit to Baden- Clay entry on Burkes Peerage ....saying Gerred murdered his wife. That'd be a slap in the face to the hyphenated clan
http://www.thepeerage.com/p6368.htm#i63678

got a mention here

BE PREPARED: HOW A PROUD NAME ENDED IN MURDER IN A LONELY PLACE NEAR A SCOUT CAMP

Gerard's father, Nigel Clay changed his name to honour his grandfather and after leaving Zambia and then Zimbabwe for Australia after the African colonial era had ended, the Baden-Clay family ended up in Queensland.

To this day, Nigel Baden-Clay a former game hunter whose home in the western Brisbane suburb of Kenmore bears the trophies of antelope horns, acknowledges his African heritage in his car registration plate, Bwana, which means 'boss man' in Swahili.

The issue of continuing the Baden-Clay name became part of the evidence in the trial when Gerard Baden-Clay sobbed in the witness box and said his wife Allison may have been depressed about not having a son because she wanted to 'carry on the Baden-Clay name . . . for me'.

However, it appears it was Gerard who basked in the Baden connection

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-children-assets-left-her.html#ixzz37WN6yk6y

<modsnip>

I didn't read it that way didn't think any offence was intended , just me

I didn't read it that way either. Just that given his conduct throughout, it could be on the cards as a way of not facing up to what he has done. However I understand some may find it offensive(and have read it differently)- it can be an emotional subject especially for anyone who has been touched by suicide. I don't think Ozazure did mean it in any way to be offensive though.

A jury of the Supreme Court in Qld has categorically found that Nigel and Olivia lied on the stand under oath.. their testimony was discarded as feeble, unreliable and without credibility on any point.

Oh dear........Olivia of ALL people should be telling the truth when she swears on the bible! That is disgusting! Hope her church can see her for the hypocrite she is.

Well hopefully now that NO ONE is on their side, the opposite really, they will move, I for one, if I run into them, I will give them a verbal serving just as they saw fit to rubbish poor Allison, the only difference being, they will be able to run and hide, poor Allison had no opportunity to respond, so I for one, will mak esure if they cross my path, that they are aware of how little I think of them, I will not make an arse of myself, but I will say something...

maybe in a tone of perfect politeness, comment on their fashion colour choices? "oh Mr/Mrs BC, I'm SO worried about you...wearing that dark outfit...you must be SO depressed. Would you like me to call your doctor, or an ambulance? You're not going to do anything desperate, are you? Here, would you like to lie down? I'll draw the curtains."

I have been surprised by my own emotional response today. The POWERFUL images of Allison's family of origin having leave, finally, to directly address Allison's killer (poor dear Mods, having to go back through the past two years' output and remove all those 'alleged's) without disruption, deflection, disingenuity. His Honour, himself very respectful of women, letting rip. Those balloons, ascending to Heaven to join she whom they honour. The overwhelming scale of human wreckage one man can create.

THANK YOU to Websleuths, our hardworking Mods, you incredible collective of brainy, brawny, witty sleuthers, especially our esteemed experts and those who typed their little hearts out to keep us up-to-date. This forum has, in my opinion, proved itself as the most reliable, respectful and intelligent of all.

Now, if I apologise for my nervoustensionfuelled gags about the deliberating jury, will you allow me to say a little 'see? Lawyers aren't ALL bad'? Ta, that felt good :)

Finally, thank you all for creating a welcoming place in which to have a conversation about JUSTICE FOR ALLISON *advertiser censored*

Her Honour. This is just beautiful and I second your sentiments.

Oh dear........Olivia of ALL people should be telling the truth when she swears on the bible! That is disgusting! Hope her church can see her for the hypocrite she is.

When asked what she thought of Allison's state of mind prior to her going missing she did say fine.

Oooooh yeah - *circles the room giving high fives* (I really did do a lap of the office - justice of sorts!) thinking that at least he is going to pay and his girls won't have to deal with him being a part of their young lives. I am glad that he was convicted as he deserved it but 15 years is appallingly slack. Sometimes our justice system pisses me off more than it satisfies...

Thank you to everyone who has been here holding the fort, having wonderful discussions, highlighting interesting points and for being so welcoming and friendly. I am a big fan of Websleuths and will continue to contribute and discuss in the future. Thank you to the forums owners and mods...you have had quite handful here with us chatty Aussies hehe.

I am just so glad the saga is over in terms of the trial at least. I am sorry and feel very much for the Dickies and Allison's children as the pain for them does not end with the verdict today. I hope they find the strength to carry on and that the girls have full and wonderful lives in the future with their mother gazing down upon them.

I flat out refuse to watch anything or read anything that comes out from slaggy McHugh as I am sure she will do interviews, etc. I don't want to support a home wrecking piece of trash in any way. She is involved regardless of whether she was convicted or not and I don't even necessarily mean in the murder. I am more referring to the fact that she was also a thorn in Gerard's side and was the catalyst that sent him over the edge.

JUSTICE FOR ALLISON!

:hug: :loveyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members