***GUILTY***The Verdict Waiting Room #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw grab from tomorrow's front pages, herald sun is running a line that police bugged coffin. Seems he was in the frame, every second of the way.

I remember us discussing bugs at the funeral, IIRC we were wondering if they would be in the flowers.

So much more to come!!

We all realize that the fact that this man did not look for his wife pointed to guilt. I believe that since his scratches were already being asked about by all who visited (Police & family) This would be also happened as he mingled with the community and searchers. No wonder he stayed away and grew a beard. I bet he wished he could fertilize it to get it to grow quicker!! It all becomes even clearer when you know more information.

I didn't think sentencing would be today either to give time for victim impact statements to be prepared. But they were already done in anticipation. There was no discretion on the judge as it is mandatory life sentence so no sentencing submissions by the defence were required. The criminal code then provides for a min of 15 yr non parole period. So it was an easy sentence for the judge and not affected by the victim impact statements.

Thanks Alioop. I was really intrigued by the wording of the judges view of G being unlikely to be successful in gaining parole in the future, due to his level of deception and I think lack of remorse (exact wording escapes me). I find that so much more indicative of a longer time in jail than a life sentence. The 'facade' has been removed for all to see. I hope his family can see that now.

I agree. After my marriage broke down I went out with a man I thought was separated from his wife...or thats what he told all of his friends, including me. My ex-husband was kind enough to tell me (gently) that my partner was going home every night to his wife. WHAT????. This fool was driving him home to his parents place 20 kms away because I thought he had left the car behind with his wife. Then he was getting a taxi back home to his wife once I had gone. unbelievable. Glad I didn't waste too much of my time on that one! He admitted he was a chronic liar once I caught him out.

GERARD Baden-Clay was a man looking for women on the world's largest sex, dating and swingers site.

Looking for discrete (sic) sex," Gerard Baden-Clay typed.

"Married but don’t want to be – looking for some sex on the side!"

But on adultfriendfinder.com he was Bruce Overland. A married 40-year-old Brisbane man. Non-smoker, light drinker with four years at university.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/sp...ts-of-brookfield/story-fnknbenb-1226965982263

GERARD Baden-Clay was a man looking for women on the world's largest sex, dating and swingers site.

But on adultfriendfinder.com he was Bruce Overland. A married 40-year-old Brisbane man. Non-smoker, light drinker with four years at university.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/sp...ts-of-brookfield/story-fnknbenb-1226965982263

I believe that Brookfield has a swingers club lol

I have not logged in but have been following you guys for many weeks. I am totally impressed by your comments, compassion...not always impartial, but absolutely loving comments. I have followed this case because I live not far away from the "crime" scene. I will not be able to go to Kholo Gardens without thinking about Allison. What a tragedy! Every time I thought about a fact...you guys brought it up. One thing that I should have posted about..and I never post...except that I feel I should in this case...is that the screams. If one of you have brought this up ... I have not seen it and I apologise if one of you have .... I would just like to give my opinion re the discrepancy. Many people heard the first screams via the timing...teenager with the spider web at 10:00pm...but...Bruce Flegg heard Allison's screams cut off at just before 11:00pm. From that time onwards...he was guilty as far as I was concerned. I would have been the same as the jury in that I had not followed this case until recently. OMG GBC is a piece of works!!!! No wonder you guys, who had been looking at the evidence bf then already knew that! Good work guys. Loved your comments and even the baby stuff :) Thank you all for a great forum...I have enjoyed every bit of your insight, companionship, compassion etc. Allison has had justice and I do believe that it is in part due to you that this has come about. Well done...ALL OF YOU! I love you guys!
From a browser? Every day from the first day of the trial....coming out of the closet????

I agree. After my marriage broke down I went out with a man I thought was separated from his wife...or thats what he told all of his friends, including me. My ex-husband was kind enough to tell me (gently) that my partner was going home every night to his wife. WHAT????. This fool was driving him home to his parents place 20 kms away because I thought he had left the car behind with his wife. Then he was getting a taxi back home to his wife once I had gone. unbelievable. Glad I didn't waste too much of my time on that one! He admitted he was a chronic liar once I caught him out.

Good escape. Better that you found out.

Whaaattt????

I really, really, REALLY regret learning from that article that GBC is circumcised. :facepalm:

Just as predicted. Do they have treatment for sex addiction in jail?

Hi hootabelle

Toni was not raised to know better.

Everyone owes their children that understanding and respect for others and empathy and restraint that 'poor' Toni's parents failed in successfully resonating within Toni's understandings - thus contributing to her 'poor' behaviours.

We can't fix Toni or Gerweird - We can help our children, nieces, nephews and grand children to be better humans than Toni and Gerweird.

Everyone with a reasonable moral compass can assist in his/her way to protect the next generations and society in general just by teaching kids to : keep your pants on outside your commitment - otherwise admit you want out and acknowledge the consequences and be half of the clean up : and THEN go for it with whomever you've suddenly decided is the next best thing to give up this life for.

I dunno - it's just so noxious.

Religion and good parenting, laws - really - who am I kidding - since the dawn of time some men and some women behave like animals.

I do my best to teach mine to be better.

But how could Allison have been served better? She had a dedicated dad and friend in her mum.

Allison herself did her level best to cope, 'push through', rise above her husband's extreme/typical flaws.

She taught her daughters and their school friends resilience for heavens sakes.

What more could be done to avoid her death?

One person is to blame and his upbringing - that's how I see it.

At the very high risk of being frowned upon.... I have to say that I actually feel sorry for TM. I'd say she was totally drawn in by GBC's web of deceitful promises....:dunno:
Just to be clear, I am in no way condoning any of her actions but just feel that she also is a victim in this terribly sad case. :whiteflag:

By now, surveillance teams were monitoring Gerard’s every move. Phone taps recorded his conversations with his mistress.

Detectives also investigated whether Gerard had an accomplice. Several reported sightings around Kholo Creek suggested more than one person was involved. But investigators were never able substantiate the leads. There were too many inconsistencies.

There were other odd things about Gerard's behaviour.

Allison’s father Geoff was discussing funeral arrangements with his son-in-law one day.

Gerard pulled out his phone and said he wanted to record their conversation.

Allison lay on satin under an arrangement of coloured flowers.

Next to her was a police listening device.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/sp...e-was-identified/story-fnknbenb-1226967435717

In this link there are chapters 1-8

Take it like a man.

Tonight realise the true reason you have life in prison. You are a murderer and your name is now mud.
Oh say hello to Brett Cowan, I'm sure he'll welcome you with open arms.

Yep and it'll hurt a little bit but you'll be OK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member