Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *PLEA: No Contest* *appeal filed 2023* #3

Monday, July 19th:
*Hearing to Set Trial Date (@ am ET) – TN – Joseph “Joe Clyde” Daniels III (5) (April 3, 2018, Dickson) – *Krystal Nicole Daniels (27/now 30) “mom” arrested & charged (4/9/18) & indicted (6/8/18) with criminal responsibility aggravated child neglect & filing a false report. Charged (5/26/20) with criminal responsibility aggravated child neglect, accessory after the fact & making false reports to officers. $1M bond.
Trial will be set after Joseph’s trial ends.
Court hearings from 6/4/18 thru 5/14/21 reference post #724 here:
Still Missing - TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #2

5/21/21 Update: Judge David Wolfe issued his ruling Friday afternoon in court that Daniels’ taped confession is admissible during trial, which is set to begin on June 1. He also ruled that the state will have to meet the “Bishop standard” — corroborating evidence that backs up a confession — at trial, not during pre-trial motions. Wolfe says they can still dismiss the confession at trial if the state doesn’t provide that evidence. During motions hearings last week, Daniels' attorneys argued that law enforcement acted with bias in their investigation & may have missed a lead in the case. However, Judge Wolfe disagreed. No hearing or trial date set for Krystal until after trial & sentencing of Joseph.
7/18/21 Update: A hearing to set trial is scheduled on 7/19/21.
*Joseph Ray Daniels (28/now 31) “father” - Trial began on 6/1/21 to 6/11/21: Verdict: Guilty on 2nd degree murder (lesser offense), 1st degree murder in perpetration of a felony, aggravated child abuse, initiating a false report & tampering with evidence. Sentencing on 9/14/21.

JUL 19, 2021
Joe Clyde Daniels case: Krystal Daniels due in court for hearing, could learn trial date today (newschannel5.com)
Krystal initially told the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation that she saw her husband standing over Joe Clyde beating him the night the child disappeared. But she later recanted that and did not testify against Joseph at his trial.

Krystal Daniels, mother of Joe Clyde, appearing in court Monday | wbir.com
Police say Krystal Daniels admitted she was at their home on April 4 when Joseph killed Joe Clyde.

Krystal's oldest son said his mother saw Joe Clyde's body being carried outside.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/j...ourt-for-hearing-could-learn-trial-date-today

Krystal Daniels appeared in court Monday morning, where her trial was set for February 2022.

Judge David Wolfe said jury selection will begin on February 1, and the trial will follow after that. The jury will be chosen from Stewart County.

Additional motions hearings in the case were scheduled for September.

A gag order remains in place for Krystal's case.

If anyone sees a date in September for Krystal's next hearing - please post! TIA! :)

I haven't seen any articles yet with the motions hearing date...

My guess in this mess is that neither Krystal nor Joseph know where the body is. I think Joseph passed the body off to grandpa near the truckstop to get rid of since he couldn't do it himself. Grandpa probably dumped the body along a highway somewhere, thinking they could pull off a kidnapping explanation for Joe being gone. I think both Joseph and Krystal are more interested in covering for Grandpa (and probably Grandma who was with Grandpa) thinking the grandparents may be able to get custody of the other kids down the road if cleared. Krystal's trial is being drug out to try to break her down to implicate others. IMHO only.

Krystal Daniels trial set for February

The trial date was set for early next year after Dickson County Circuit Court Judge David Wolfe and District Attorney Ray Crouch both agreed in court hearing Monday that multiple homicide trials are already taking place throughout the remainder of the year in the 23rd Judicial District.

There was an article I read this morning that said the Judge set a deadline of 9/3/21 for the defense to file any pending motions.

Anyone think the next hearing "could" be 9/3/21?? Or would they wait until Joseph is sentenced on 9/14 - ??
TIA!

upload_2021-8-2_16-49-54.jpeg
Will Joe Clyde's body ever be found? His body still has not been found, but that doesn't mean the case is closed.

The little boy had a birthday this past weekend; he would have turned nine this past Saturday. And it's a reminder he's still missing and the search for remains continues.

"You're looking for remains of a smaller child. You don't come across those things every day," said Newschannel5 legal analyst Nick Leonardo.

"We're here to find Joe Clyde Daniels," said David Marshburn - an investigator from North Carolina. Marshburn was in Dickson several times over the past few years along with many others searching for the little boy's remains. He even called sheriff deputies out to collect possible evidence during Joseph's trial.

He says he'll be back later this year with new theories on where to look -- though he suspects, as he did in 2019, there won't be much left to find.

"It will be there, but scattered. And if there are remains your dogs will hit on it? Yes sir. Guaranteed."

Still, without a body, the father Joseph was convicted in June of felony murder. His mother Krystal will stand trial for child neglect next year. So, what would the significance be of finding the remains now?

"If they were to find a body now that could point to the fact that someone else was responsible for this crime," said Leonardo.

Short of producing new evidence pointing to another suspect. Leonardo says the remains will do nothing to alter the conviction of the father or the case against the mother.
https://www.newschannel5.com/news/p...ontinues-to-search-for-joe-clyde-daniels-body

Got this in my alerts - but I can't access it over here - all I can read on it is this:

Man deported at least once, charged with rape of child in Sumner County – WKRN News 2
WKRN News 2
Baby Joe: Mother of Joe Clyde Daniels to Appear in Court. News / 1 month ago. Video. Baby Joe: Defense answers media questions following Joseph ...

Man deported at least once, charged with rape of child in Sumner County – WKRN News 2

I'm interested in "when" she will be in court as I have no access to Dickson County court site - TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif.pagespeed.ce.NgmNDJ18zj.gif

@Niner The above link you shared talked about her July 19th appearance.

When I searched, I found the below info.

"Judge David Wolfe said jury selection in the trial of Krystal Daniels will begin on February 1. The jury will be chosen from Stewart County.
Additional motions hearings in the case were scheduled for September."

Trial date set for mother in Joe Clyde Daniels case - Court TV

Thank you misgrn - much appreciated. Yes, I have that she has motions hearing in Sept. and thought hopefully the date would be there. Alas - old article. Also have the stuff about the jury & when jury selection begins.

.... just waiting for that date in September! :) I'm going to guess that it will be after Daniels is sentenced on 9/14.

Tuesday, Sept. 14th:
*Sentencing Hearing (@ 1pm CT) – TN – Joseph “Joe Clyde” Daniels III (5) (April 3, 2018, Dickson) – for *Joseph Ray Daniels (28/now 31) “father” arrested & charged (4/7/18) & indicted (6/8/18) with 1 count of 1st degree murder, 1st degree felony murder, aggravated child abuse, filing a false report & tampering with evidence. $1M bond.
Confessed on 4/6/18. Waived rights to Prelim hearing. Joseph Daniels told officers that he beat his son to death after his son urinated on the floor. But recanted his confession saying he was coerced.
Trial began on 6/1/21 to 6/2/21 with jury selection for Joseph only. Jury will be sequestered during trial. Jury picked from Hamilton County not from Dickson County due to pretrial publicity.
Trial began on 6/3/21 & ended 6/11/21. The trial will run Monday thru Saturday 9am to 5 or 6pm. 12 jurors & 4 alternates. After alternates excused – 12 jurors (7 women, 5 men). Jury deliberations for Day 1 (6/11/21): 4½ hours; Day 2 (6/12/21): 3 hours & ~30 minutes. Total deliberations: 8 hours.

Court hearings from 6/4/18 thru 5/25/21 & Jury Selection from 6/1/21 & 6/2/21 & Trial Day 1-8 (6/3/21 & 6/11/21) & Jury deliberations (Day 1) 6/11/21) reference post #146 here:
Still Missing - *GUILTY* TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #3

6/12/21 Saturday, Day 9 of Trial & Day 2 of Jury deliberations: Jurors started deliberations at 9:07am to ~12:45pm – with verdict!
Verdict: First degree murder - NOT GUILTY, Second degree murder (lesser offense) - GUILTY, First degree murder in perpetration of a felony - GUILTY, Aggravated child abuse - GUILTY, Initiating a false report - GUILTY and Tampering with evidence - GUILTY
See post #182, 183, 188 & 189 for more info here:
Still Missing - *GUILTY* TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #3
Sentencing hearing on Sept. 14, 1pm.

*Krystal Nicole Daniels (27/now 30) “mom” – Trial set to begin on 2/1/22 with jury selection.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back