GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #5

Ugg….probably a happy day for DM.

“The judges also ruled the section is retroactively unconstitutional so that the law that existed before that date now applies. This means multiple murderers receiving extended parole eligibility periods will have those reduced.

That includes Dellen Millard, currently serving three life sentences for the first-degree murders of Wayne Millard, his father, Laura Babcock and Tim Bosma. His parole eligibility periods will be slashed from 75 years to 25 years.

That doesn’t mean, as the high court noted, that such offenders will be granted parole when their ineligibility period expires. “Experience has shown that the (parole) board generally proceeds with care and caution before … releasing multiple murderers back into society,” the court said…..”

A bit of a nothingburger:

Interviews with a serial killer: 'Do you see me as a demon?'

I made a deal with a serial killer.

Dellen Millard wanted to talk to me but insisted much of what he said needed to remain private until after all his murder trials were over. I agreed — it was a sensible request from a judicial perspective as he was in the middle of his second jury trial for first-degree murder.

And, frankly, I was curious to hear what he had to say without waiting for three complicated trials and three appeals. By then, either of us might change our mind.

That term of privacy has since expired.

Dellen Millard wanted to talk to me but insisted much of what he said needed to remain private until after all his murder trials were over. I agreed — it was a sensible request from a judicial perspective as he was in the middle of his second jury trial for first-degree murder.

And, frankly, I was curious to hear what he had to say without waiting for three complicated trials and three appeals. By then, either of us might change our mind.

Yuck. I would have preferred if they didn't provide a national platform for his lies and inflated ego. I'm sure Prince Harry will be kept up at night by the fact that a serial killer thinks he is a better engagement ring designer. :rolleyes:

The only good thing is the shade he threw on CN. She got off way too easy. Hopefully his fawning over JS rankles CN still to this day.

As an aside, it's annoying that he had access to his laptop with what sounds like personal photos (a smiling and blonde JS, her enagement ring...).

Ugg….probably a happy day for DM.

“The judges also ruled the section is retroactively unconstitutional so that the law that existed before that date now applies. This means multiple murderers receiving extended parole eligibility periods will have those reduced.

That includes Dellen Millard, currently serving three life sentences for the first-degree murders of Wayne Millard, his father, Laura Babcock and Tim Bosma. His parole eligibility periods will be slashed from 75 years to 25 years.

That doesn’t mean, as the high court noted, that such offenders will be granted parole when their ineligibility period expires. “Experience has shown that the (parole) board generally proceeds with care and caution before … releasing multiple murderers back into society,” the court said…..”

...[DM and MS] are appealing every one of their convictions. That is set to play out in a week of hearings at the Court of Appeal for Ontario in March.

“The idea is to have them heard jointly, one right after the other, in front of the same three judges of the Court of Appeal, all in the span of one week,” explains lawyer [RL] who, along with [MA], is representing Smich.

[RL] says reducing his client’s parole eligibility is essentially a done deal, now that the Supreme Court has declared the consecutive sentencing legislation unconstitutional.

“I don’t think there’s any argument against that position,” he says. “Anyone who has a live case before the Court of Appeal will be able to raise this as a ground of appeal if that person has consecutive parole ineligibility.”

Last edited:
www.thespec.com/news/crime/opinion/2022/11/23/tim-bosmas-murderers-likely-to-get-earlier-parole-eligibility.html

Smich and Millard will be among the first offenders to argue for the Bissonnette decision to apply to their cases, retroactively.

The decision thrusts Tim’s widow back into the limelight and makes possible a day when she will face his killers again as they go before the Parole Board of Canada to ask for their freedom.

“My daughter was two-and-a-half when her father was murdered,” Sharlene Bosma told a committee of MPs in Ottawa on Oct. 6. “Now, because of the ruling … when my daughter is 27, she will be asked to carry on the fight I thought I already fought for her.”

“Our government took away one of the very few things we as victims had to hold on to, which was consecutive sentencing,” Bosma told the justice committee. “It says to us that you can kill as many people as you want here in Canada because sentencing will not change. It says that Canada only places values on the first victim, with the lives of any other victims not mattering. Not here. Not in Canada.”

Just found out Dellen is in court in my area this week! Going to see if I can attend in person…

Oh good grief! Surely they can handle that by zoom from his jail cell. He doesn't deserve to breathe all that fresh air.

Just found out Dellen is in court in my area this week! Going to see if I can attend in person…

From the article. "Millard’s latest charge stems from a stabbing incident that took place at Millhaven Institution on Sunday, July 11, 2021. Mike Shrider of the Correctional Service of Canada (CSC) confirmed that an inmate was assaulted at Millhaven Institution in July 2021. Due to the Privacy Act, they were unable to provide details such as the specific location where the assault occurred or the names of those involved in this particular case. However, they did confirm that there were three offenders involved in this incident (two aggressors and one victim). The assaulted inmate was taken to a community hospital for assessment and treatment following this incident. No inmate died as a result of this assault. Staff responded quickly to this incident and no staff or other inmates were injured, according to CSC."

Lots more about the trial ... ridiculous nonsense.

Convicted serial killer on trial in Napanee for Millhaven assault – Kingston News

Last edited:

Wow! DM’s face looks aged in that pic. That’s quite a detailed article. I imagine it must be bittersweet for an inmate to be let out of prison to attend court — a change of pace to see the outside of the prison walls, yet shackled and handcuffed like that with no freedom at all.

Wow, I didn't have this on my bingo card. If anything, I thought he would be the one getting assaulted.

I see he still has that unfortunate-looking braided rat-tail, and the support of his mumsy (who "audibly scoffed" in court because the Crown were being meanies to her precious boy).

The fact that he has a co-assailant makes me think he is still following his M.O. of finding young, impressionable guys to look up to him and do his bidding.

*sigh* The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Last edited:
Wow, I didn't have this on my bingo card. If anything, I thought he would be the one getting assaulted.

I see he still has that unfortunate-looking braided rat-tail, and the support of his mumsy (who "audibly scoffed" in court because the Crown were being meanies to her precious boy).

The fact that he has a co-assailant makes me think he is still following his M.O. of finding young, impressionable guys to look up to him and do his bidding.

There is nothing to deter him from continuing his murderous activities. He gets a lovely outing where he is the centre of attention. He gets to hear his mom scoffing at those nasty Crown Attorneys. I'm sure he gets tons of computer time leading up to the trial. And what are the negative consequences even if he is found guilty?

It's really hard to tell from the witnesses so far, why Millard was not in his cell. It seems that those witnesses are just spewing what Millard told them to say, and that's not working out very well.

Last edited:

Exactly what I was thinking about his little helper!

So annoying that he is his own lawyer again. This is the same judge who was involved in own personal trial (I was a victim). I don’t have much faith in him. I have a very poor opinion of him based on how he acted.

He certainly has aged.

Hasn’t changed his stripes though. Still scheming and manipulating. He’s right where he should be.

Gotta say though that I am surprised he’s out and about on “the range”. I would have thought he would be more on the Bernardo and Williams plan.

Interesting.

Serial killer Dellen Millard acting as own lawyer in jailhouse stabbing

The Kingstonist reported that for Millard’s appearance, besides cops and corrections officers, only his mom sat in support of her boy. Madeline Burns was divorced from the convicted murderer’s father, Wayne, in 1996.

She reportedly had to be cautioned to quiet down following an outburst at the Crown’s line of questioning.

So annoying that he is his own lawyer again. This is the same judge who was involved in own personal trial (I was a victim). I don’t have much faith in him. I have a very poor opinion of him based on how he acted.
What do you mean about the judge?

This individual expresses their displeasure with the national platform given to a serial killer who they believe has a false sense of superiority. They sarcastically suggest that Prince Harry may be affected by the killer's delusions of being a better engagement ring designer.

The individual also praises the killer for throwing shade at someone they refer to as "CN" who they believe got off too lightly. They hope that the killer's admiration for "JS" bothers CN.

Lastly, the individual is annoyed that the killer had access to his laptop, which contained personal photos, including images of a blonde and smiling JS with her engagement ring.

This individual expresses their displeasure with the national platform given to a serial killer who they believe has a false sense of superiority. They sarcastically suggest that Prince Harry may be affected by the killer's delusions of being a better engagement ring designer.

The individual also praises the killer for throwing shade at someone they refer to as "CN" who they believe got off too lightly. They hope that the killer's admiration for "JS" bothers CN.

Lastly, the individual is annoyed that the killer had access to his laptop, which contained personal photos, including images of a blonde and smiling JS with her engagement ring.

Thank you Knoting, and welcome to Websleuths. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back