Gun Permits Surge in Newtown, CT

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Sonya610, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

Apparently many of the folks in Newtown aren't all that different from folks in many other states around the country.

2. Loading...

3. Jovi Girl

Jovi Girl Member

I guess I am just unable to wrap my mind around the concept that owning more guns will help prevent gun crimes and tragedies. :facepalm: All my opinion, of course.

4. Dewey2Me1MoThyme

Dewey2Me1MoThyme Have clue will sleuth!

I think if one of my children or loved ones went through what some of them did in Newton or other recent tragedies, I'd be packing too.

5. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

It is very simple, there are a lot of firearm enthusiasts in the US. Something like the threat of a far reaching ban on all types of weapons causes a whole lot of folks to buy NOW!

The firearms industry has been crazy the last 6 months, ammo shortages have been horrid and are just now recovering. Casual gun owners who hadn't bought anything new in many years suddenly realize "now is the time" to get a new hi-cap handgun or two. Folks that always wanted an AK or AR but saw it as a luxury they shouldn't splurge on suddenly had a great reason to BUY ONE NOW!

The increase in firearm sales and ammo sales is likely going to linger on for a while even though the threat is over for most states. Once people buy a new weapon and start hitting the range again they get a renewed interested and that leads to more spending. Next is a new holster, a few different types of ammo, a new grip, a laser and or tac light, hearing protection, ammo boxes, and while shopping and learning they see another great looking firearm that they would like to own etc.... Hey at least it is for products that are mostly made in the USA.