Hailey Dunn General Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
However you want to put it there are no confirmed sightings of her on the Monday by anyone that didn't live in that house.

No I do not because I dont know that to be a fact. The uncorroborated reports I heard of were by people who didnt live in her home.

Just because there are no confirmed sightings,doesn't mean she was already dead.
Doesn't mean she wasn't either.
Didn't Naomi have several kids of her own (pre Clint)? Where were they all living? It doesn't seem like she was very concerned about missing kids.

The video about when she said Hailey stopped by still bothers me. Tho I can easily believe she was too stoned to remember. Great parenting if true especially when she had just given birth.
Maybe just maybe she was tired from getting up and down with a new baby and not stoned at all.

MOO

However you want to put it there are no confirmed sightings of her on the Monday by anyone that didn't live in that house.

No I do not because I dont know that to be a fact. The uncorroborated reports I heard of were by people who didnt live in her home.

If Soulmagent's "uncorroborated reports" equal For the Kids' "no confirmed" ~ then I say you two agree.

Am I misreading/misunderstanding or has there been a typo by someone here?

According to what has been shared with us so far, that was the only reported cell activity by Hailey for that day. One lone text to MB. And I find that hard to believe that a 13 yr old would not be texting other friends on a vacation day when she is home alone.

I may be wrong , but if I remember about that 1 "alleged" text by Hailey, the wording was really strange too. Like it was a simple statement to her friend and it sounded like it wasnt something Hailey would say the way the text came out. It seemed like a lot of discussion around the time of the text there were a lot of people that diidnt think Hailey would send a text like that. Kind of like maybe somebody using her phone to make it seem like she was the one texting. It sounded like maybe a fake purposeful text that an adult would do rather than a kid. But then again, it is hard to prove anything.

I hope I remembered this correctly. Maybe someone remembers the actual wording in the text.

I may be wrong , but if I remember about that 1 "alleged" text by Hailey, the wording was really strange too. Like it was a simple statement to her friend and it sounded like it wasnt something Hailey would say the way the text came out. It seemed like a lot of discussion around the time of the text there were a lot of people that diidnt think Hailey would send a text like that. Kind of like maybe somebody using her phone to make it seem like she was the one texting. It sounded like maybe a fake purposeful text that an adult would do rather than a kid. But then again, it is hard to prove anything.

I hope I remembered this correctly. Maybe someone remembers the actual wording in the text.

WYD - What You Doing? Isn't that more like what a kid would send, unless you are talking about the commercials with grandma texting

WYD - What You Doing? Isn't that more like what a kid would send, unless you are talking about the commercials with grandma texting

StrayKat ~ Thank you; I have never heard, before, what the exact text message was. Can you give me a link, please? TIA!

Mary Beth Garcia, the 14-year-old friend Adkins told police Hailey was supposed to spend the night with, said she never made those plans.

The last text message Mary Beth said she received from Hailey asked what she was doing. It was sent the day before Hailey was reported missing, at 2:16 p.m.

I didn't get a chance to reply back," Mary Beth said. "That was the last time I heard from her."

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/feb/05/hailey-dunn-search-for-girl-changes-a-city/?print=1

OMGosh, I cannot believe there are still no arrests. It makes me think LE did not have a wealth of evidence only waiting for the discovery of the body to confirm.

I cannot imagine the restlessness the town must feel with all of this indecision and if they've lost some confidence in their law enforcement I can understand why.

I don't think we can know if it was odd for Hailey to send just one msg or that style - that is info available to LE however, to see if that phone being left home for Hailey to use was normal and if it was, how she used it. To be honest I think it is odd that Billie would leave the phone at home given there was a landline.

Are you sure there was a landline? I thought there wasn't one.

Are you sure there was a landline? I thought there wasn't one.

I wasn't sure and I dug into it not long ago and am under the impression there was, but I can't think where I confirmed that - sorry.

Dec 27 5:30 Shawn leaves for work
6:30 BD gets a ride from Co worker
http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/sites/default/files/Billie Dunn timeline.PDF
BD's own written timeline she gave out

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/no-headline---hailey_dunn_timeline/
The affidavit was compiled by Billy Sides, an investigator for the 32nd Judicial District of Attorney's Office, who stated in the affidavit, "It is the belief of your affiant that Hailey Dunn was kidnapped and transported to another location against her will."

/QUOTE]

The timeline link states that a neighbor saw Hailey about noon in her backyard talking on the phone on Monday. I seem to recall this "neighbor sighting" back at the beginning of the investigation. Did they determine at some point that this was incorrect?

ETA: Sorry, not sure why the quote thing didn't work properly. Meant to quote the whole post.

LE have said that wasn't a trustworthy sighting yes.

The investigator did not go with what BD said, the investigator verified it through records and interviews with witnesses. That is clearly stated in the affidavit. In other words it is corroborated.

I think you ignored the second part of what I said. That the co worker may have told LE originally that she took Billie to work and then LE found out one way or another that the co worker didn't take her so what investigators originally thought was correct was possibly later found to be incorrect.

OMGosh, I cannot believe there are still no arrests. It makes me think LE did not have a wealth of evidence only waiting for the discovery of the body to confirm.

I cannot imagine the restlessness the town must feel with all of this indecision and if they've lost some confidence in their law enforcement I can understand why.

You got that right!

I could understand why also but I can honestly say from all the locals that I have been in contact with that there hasn't been a single complaint about LE. They are very protective of them even although obviously they want arrests. Some of the locals have disappointed me in this I have to say. At the vigils very few even went to them. Most people travelled them from other areas and at times it was like the local people just wanted it all to go away. That's why I was so pleased that so many went to the Memorial for her. I know its been said on here that not many went but the figures quoted were pretty impressive for such a small town although again quite a few were there from other areas.

Thank You. As I do think that was close to what the text message said, if not exact, although i dont remember any abbreviations like is common when texting. I dont have a link and i do not remember where I even heard about it, but I do think you are close if not exactly what the text said.

Everybody probably texts differently, so there probably is no way to determine whether an adult or child would text it.

I wasn't sure and I dug into it not long ago and am under the impression there was, but I can't think where I confirmed that - sorry.

There was no landline phone in the home on Chestnut, that was determined at the very beginning of the case. I'll try to find a link, I believe she stated that in one of the Nancy Grace interviews.

There was no landline phone in the home on Chestnut, that was determined at the very beginning of the case. I'll try to find a link, I believe she stated that in one of the Nancy Grace interviews.

IIRC, NG asked Billie why she left her cell home that day and IIRC, Billie said she left it home for the kids to use because there was no school that day. So that led me to believe there was no landline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bessie22