Hailey Dunn: General Discussion thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, forgive me. I should have said I was using your post as a jumping off point. I wanted to express a possibility as to why this issue was not raised in the affidavits, or thought of within the context of probable cause.

In response to the fact you think it is odd that Hailey would only confide in Connie J. Respectfully, I think you are assuming quite a bit about Hailey yourself. If you find it unbelievable that Hailey wouldn't have shared her feelings and concerns about Shawn Adkins with her Mother, Father or friends, I don't know how to respond to that. After three years of watching the conduct of the adults in her life, I can clearly see how/why Connie Jones would be Hailey's safe person. MOO

Knox I appreciate your thoughts on this, and I actually do understand why people feel this way.

For the most part, I feel this way about a lot of the adults in Hailey's life, too, yet even with those adults, look at what Hailey was becoming. She did not seen to going in a downward direction, but the opposite.

Also, as closely as I have followed this case, I still have many, many questions about basic facts, which were either screwed up by LE, changed by many family members, misreported over and over by local media and even national media, and, at times made up by a blogger, who became popular with this case, and whose misrepresentations and vulgarity have absolutely and alarmingly become fact today.

I am not able, with the unprofessional "job" LE did in the beginning, the most important time of an investigation, when later, even the Texas Rangers were calling Hailey a runaway (against the objections of BJD), to decide that one or two people are guilty of a heinous crime without seeing what the evidence is, besides a lifestyle that many don't like or approve of.

There has to be more than that for me to feel I can condemn a person for murdering another, either in my mind or writing on a public page.

I want to see some evidence, any evidence, over not liking a person's looks, demeanor, sex life, dressing style, speaking style, and, etc.

How many times have we seen, in recent years, people we know are murderers walk free, even with mountains of evidence against them, because of looks, connections, money, weird charisma, something inexpressible, but powerful?

Sometimes, I think what happened in this case, besides a p@* poor investigation, was that some of the main players were not particularly likable and others were more likable, and the ones who were, were trusted, the others were not.

These are my opinions only, and my postings are only to be quoted on Websleuths.

Billie would not listen to LE about SA....what makes anyone think she would listen to Hailey? How many Mothers take the side of the child in these instances? We have seen time after time boyfriends abusing the girlfriends daughter and the Mother never will believe it! I think Connie J knows exactly what Hailey thought. JMO

Those are the exceptions, not the rule. In the vast majority of instances the mother will boot the boyfriend if he takes excessive interest in her daughter.

AFAIK, there is nothing to suggest that BD would not have listened to HD, or that their relationship was antagonistic beyond normal teenage angst. Even if she didn't believe it at the time, she certainly would have mentioned it after HD disappeared. But there has never been any suggestion of anything like that from anyone else.

BD would not have believed LE because she would have spoken to the people who made up SA's alibi for the day, they were not strangers to her, she would have had a good idea where he was. Plus she would have been able to get access to the records for her own phone, so she would have known HD was home when SA was in BS. If she knew all that, then she would have realized that the window of opportunity for SA to do anything would have been very small, and therefore LE's theory could not be correct. That is probably the reason she took him back, she did not believe that he did it based on what she knew. Remember, she is right there in the center of this story, she knows a lot more than any of us do. It is easy for us to say "why did she take him back when LE was saying what they were", because we only have a small amount of information, but she has way more than any of us, so she would know if LE's theory was reasonable or not.

Like I said, go talk to the friends, that is where you will find out what HD was really thinking.

Let's not talk about minors, please. :grouphug:

So sorry, wasn't thinking at all. Completely my fault for using their initials and discussing them. I am really sorry

When I was in college (100 yrs ago)' we were required to read a popular book entitled ' the Peter principle'. The short of it is that people are promoted until they reach their level of incompetence. That book always comes to mind when I think of this case. I really think LE just gave up. Makes me so very sad.

I think the fact that they have not given Hailey's remains to Billie speaks volumes.
R.I.P. Hailey. I pray for you daily and am just waiting for the day that justice is served for you.

I think the fact that they have not given Hailey's remains to Billie speaks volumes.
R.I.P. Hailey. I pray for you daily and am just waiting for the day that justice is served for you.

Yes it does speak volumes. I followed little guy Sylar Newton's (AZ) case whom his custodial mother contributed to his death & further sentenced. His remains were kept until the trial ended and about 2 years later he was finally released to family after sentencing. It speaks volumes.

The funeral home person who answered my email several years ago said "There's no better evidence besides Sylar himself". That did it for me, I understood those words. jmo

I will admit I'm not an sa fan, however how does Billie not ending her relationship based on what the officers told her have to do with taking her daughter's words (that were never expressed) to heart? That is very prejudice against her as parent. It took longer than I hoped, many of us hoped, but she left him years ago. The police had lied to her, which they have the legal right to do, however it does not mean you suddenly believe them.

<snipped>

I'm sorry, this is MOO, but if LE told me that my live-in boyfriend had something to do with my daughter's disappearance, I would believe them! Not only that, I would whoop his *advertiser censored** till he told me where she was. But that is how us southern girls roll.

But then again, this is the mom that was riding shotgun on pill buying trips! :banghead:

Please!

I'm sorry, this is MOO, but if LE told me that my live-in boyfriend had something to do with my daughter's disappearance, I would believe them! Not only that, I would whoop his *advertiser censored** till he told me where she was. But that is how us southern girls roll.

But then again, this is the mom that was riding shotgun on pill buying trips! :banghead:

Please!
You made me laugh! But you are 100% right!

Please!

Even if you knew that what they were telling you could not true?

Remember, these were the same LE who were telling her that she "failed" her poly, and if she knew that she did not "fail" it, then what would she think about their (LEs) credibility on the matter?

This was the same LE that said that child *advertiser censored* was found in her home, when it later turned out that no such thing happened.

Why should she believe them? Especially the sheriff, his credibility is gone IMO.

LE are not infallible, they are human like all the rest of us, and are subject to the same sort of human errors and failings as everyone else. And in a small rural town the level of professionalism in local LE is not normally of the highest order. LE was not physically present when HD disappeared (at least, one would hope not), so they are not privy to any special knowledge, and certainly BD would at least know as much as they do about the matter.

I think the fact that she took him back after a few weeks speaks volumes about what was really going on with LEs investigation and the quality of their "evidence".

IMO the investigation (especially the local LE) got tunnel vision on SA for not really any compelling reason, and that has side tracked them from full and proper investigation of other possibilities. If you look at what emerged in the subsequent weeks and months, it seems fairly clear to me that is what happened.

Even if you knew that what they were telling you could not true?

Remember, these were the same LE who were telling her that she "failed" her poly, and if she knew that she did not "fail" it, then what would she think about their (LEs) credibility on the matter?

This was the same LE that said that child *advertiser censored* was found in her home, when it later turned out that no such thing happened.

Why should she believe them? Especially the sheriff, his credibility is gone IMO.

LE are not infallible, they are human like all the rest of us, and are subject to the same sort of human errors and failings as everyone else. And in a small rural town the level of professionalism in local LE is not normally of the highest order. LE was not physically present when HD disappeared (at least, one would hope not), so they are not privy to any special knowledge, and certainly BD would at least know as much as they do about the matter.

I think the fact that she took him back after a few weeks speaks volumes about what was really going on with LEs investigation and the quality of their "evidence".

IMO the investigation (especially the local LE) got tunnel vision on SA for not really any compelling reason, and that has side tracked them from full and proper investigation of other possibilities. If you look at what emerged in the subsequent weeks and months, it seems fairly clear to me that is what happened.

The fact that Hailey's remains are not being released to BJD speaks volumes to me. MOO

was hoping for anything new.

:(

The fact that Hailey's remains are not being released to BJD speaks volumes to me. MOO

As far as I know, they are not being released to anyone. Whether (and which) LE are still working this case or not is an unknown.

That is what speaks volumes to me. That LE won't speak at all.

As far as I know, they are not being released to anyone. Whether (and which) LE are still working this case or not is an unknown.

That is what speaks volumes to me. That LE won't speak at all.

It's unnerving. Never once in my life before meeting Hailey's family and walking along beside them as they've gone through this nightmare, did I ever second guess any law enforcement agency about anything. I fully believed in them to a very naive point. It has been a rude awakening for me personally. Not one word, no arrest, much less a conviction and Hailey has still not been released her parents is beyond anything I could have ever foreseen when Carrie first called and asked me to become personally involved. At the VERY least, LE calling Hailey's parents and a simple press release saying that Hailey is still a priority, they are working very hard to bring her killer to justice and they will work with her family would give me some reassurance and faith in their dedication to Hailey as a real person that matters.
I am happy to say Hailey's petition has gone to the Texas Attorney General and has been forwarded the petition to the Criminal Justice Department with the help of Marc Klaas, Carrie Mcgonigle and Brad Dennis.

It's unnerving. Never once in my life before meeting Hailey's family and walking along beside them as they've gone through this nightmare, did I ever second guess any law enforcement agency about anything. I fully believed in them to a very naive point. It has been a rude awakening for me personally. Not one word, no arrest, much less a conviction and Hailey has still not been released her parents is beyond anything I could have ever foreseen when Carrie first called and asked me to become personally involved. At the VERY least, LE calling Hailey's parents and a simple press release saying that Hailey is still a priority, they are working very hard to bring her killer to justice and they will work with her family would give me some reassurance and faith in their dedication to Hailey as a real person that matters.
I am happy to say Hailey's petition has gone to the Texas Attorney General and has been forwarded the petition to the Criminal Justice Department with the help of Marc Klaas, Carrie Mcgonigle and Brad Dennis.

Thank you for updating us on the petition. That petition has some heavy hitters behind it. Wonder if that will move LE? I sure hope the Criminal Justice Dept. has some teeth.

Will they be able to force Scurry County or the rest of Tx LE to do their jobs?

I have not followed this case much since they found the remains. I had hoped an arrest would soon follow. . . but I do understand that some cases take years to resolve.

I have read some comments about the things LE have allegedly said to some of the people at the center of the case, as in accusations etc.

I kind of expect that LE would lie to suspects or to anyone they question in order to shake them up and see if anyone spills useful information.

I further expect them to try to split up certain people to see if further pressure and isolation can shake something loose. (Divide and conquer.)

If you are trying to get a confession you want a guilty person/s to sweat, thinking they are about to be arrested and charged at any moment so you say all sorts of stuff (even in public) to get that effect.

I believe that with jury people that often let the guilty go free, not having absolute proof and yet charging someone with murder and taking it to trial can get a murderer acquitted and thus made immune from further prosecution for that murder.

Having said all that, I do not know what else LE may have done that makes people feel the investigation has been handled wrong since the remains were found . . .as I have not been following things since that time.

I do wonder if there is some evidentiary value to the remains that causes LE to hold them or if something else is in play.

Just a thought: I do not (without good cause) believe that LE is being willfully evil about things. Even bad people know how to do things to make themselves look better to the public so if LE is doing something in this case that appears willful and stubborn to the point of damaging their credibility and reputation with the public then perhaps they have a reason they feel strongly enough about to be willing to take the hit to their public image. If they are willing to do that to help resolve this case they get points for dedication and courage (in my opinion.)

I just want the truly guilty to be arrested, tried & convicted.

Docwho3 I'm so with you in getting the correct person arrested and convicted, I just pray it's soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie