Hailey Dunn: General Discussion thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they are watching the perp very closely. He may kill again.

I completely disagree, TES has been valuable in locating numerous missing people. It was not TESs fault about the drama in Florida. Casey needs blamed for that crap.

I doubt the cops in Coloado City knew about those missing little girls in Florida.
Someone that called the shots screwed this whole case up... especially, with the lies.
Maybe, some day Nancy Grace will cover the story again.

I sent an email to TES earlier in the year, asking if they had ever been contacted to search for her. I received a response which said they could not discuss the particular's of Hailey's case.

They did post about the discovery of her remains on their site ...

http://texasequusearch.org/2013/04/missing-hailey-dunn-13-yrs-colorado-city-tx-122710/

FWIW- someone on one of the FB's had posted this, and I wasn't aware they had changed Hailey over to seeking information on the FBI ...
I kind of think it is odd there is no mention on there of her remains being located up at Lake JBT?

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/hailey-dunn/view

The FBI changed the title from KIDNAPPED to seeking when Hailey's remains were found. They still have her shoes wrong, though fam has asked them to change it. It's now for "seeking "info on her last days. We were told they are continuing to try to jog memories.
JUSTICE FOR HAILEY♥

When TES was first to get involved we don't really know what LE thought. Yes they reportedly thought Hailey ran away but by the time TES got involved and after talking to people maybe they didn't think she had ran away. I personally think Tims daughters case was entirely different.

The FIRST & BEST Hailey searcher after being told that family had called TES, got rooms for riders, boarding and feed for horses and meals as well as gas all donated for TES to come search both lakes. They were on their way and turned away. Told they didn't have a specific area for TES to search.... That ♥searcher♥ as well as Hailey's family and everyone that Hailey loved was devastated. It was heartbreaking. I found out TES was turned away as I was walking in to a basketball game by a searcher.

:werk:

Folks please keep the discussion here based on the case. We seem to be in a quiet phase here. Do not discuss one another or searchers and do not post conversations you have had on social media.

Neither the autopsy results or Hailey have unfortunately been released yet,.
I find this information in and of itself to be very telling and very crucial to solving this case and getting justice for our girl Hailey.

I want to thank all of you awesome websleuthers for keeping Hailey's thread alive. It has been so quiet as far as new information and updates and it can be hard to come up with discussions that are allowed at times like this. You all have done a great job keeping her in the forefront and for not letting her case go cold. Great job honoring Hailey and making sure this does not go unsolved! Whoever is responsible needs to be held accountable times 10!

I find this information in and of itself to be very telling and very crucial to solving this case and getting justice for our girl Hailey.

Wait, I think there is a valid reason as to why nobody has been arrested yet. Snyder has no DA. She retired last month and we do not have a new DA. You need a DA to bring up the charges correct? Sounds like we need a lawyer to move to Snyder and take hold of the reins.

Wait, I think there is a valid reason as to why nobody has been arrested yet. Snyder has no DA. She retired last month and we do not have a new DA. You need a DA to bring up the charges correct? Sounds like we need a lawyer to move to Snyder and take hold of the reins.

Praying for an aggressive DA

The FBI changed the title from KIDNAPPED to seeking when Hailey's remains were found. They still have her shoes wrong, though fam has asked them to change it. It's now for "seeking "info on her last days. We were told they are continuing to try to jog memories.
JUSTICE FOR HAILEY♥
I suppose you may be alluding to the point that many facts in this case have been jumbled from Day 1. Sadly, the shoes did not matter 3 years ago, nor do they matter now. I can only trust that there is a special heaven within heaven for little girls who have had their childhood so violently ripped away.

There are two points there. Firstly, a DA is an elected politician, usually they have an office with assistant DAs staffing it who do the actual prosecutions. The DA plays a managerial role. Snyder is a small county, but even so I expect there are more than one DA in the office. If the elected DA retired, one of the staffers would fill that position until the next election. I think it is improbable that any DA would retire when the case of their career was pending though, so you could read that as to mean that no charges are pending in Snyder.

The second point is that since the discovery of the body, the FBI has apparently been the goto agency for comment (even the Snyder sheriffs department directed reporters to talk to them in one news report). That implies that the FBI has claimed jurisdiction. Alternatively, the Snyder sheriff's department has recognized that they do not have the expertise or experience to conduct an investigation like this. If the FBI does have jurisdiction, then the case would be prosecuted in federal court by a US attorney/assistant attorney.

If they determine that the body was dumped in Snyder, but the crime took place in CC (for example), then the case would be sent back to that county for prosecution. Since the FBI is apparently still running the investigation I would guess that as far as they know, the crime did not happen in CC. Either that, or they just don't want Toombs doing the investigation.

In any event, because of the publicity associated with this case, a trial likely would not be held in any of the local towns, it would probably be in one of the neighbouring cities.

The longer it's taking the less optimistic I'm feeling about the case being solved but I hope that it means something she hasn't been released for burial yet.

But I'm not basing any predictions one way or another on the DA retiring or not retiring. They're people just as anybody else and may have a number of personal reasons for retiring that trump any cases that might be pending. Their health might be failing, a family member's health might be failing, they might have promised years ago on their wedding day to retire at a certain age, there might be a brand new grandbaby born to a set of parents that need help, the tensions of the job just got to be too much etc. ...

A wise funeral director emailed me back when Sylar Newton's remains were held 2 years until prosecution of his custodial mother for his death. "There is no better evidence than Sylar himself." Could be the same for Hailey.

A wise funeral director emailed me back when Sylar Newton's remains were held 2 years until prosecution of his custodial mother for his death. "There is no better evidence than Sylar himself." Could be the same for Hailey.

That could well be, good post. And other sadly may be about web hits and drama, sick and no surprise IMO.

That could well be, good post. And other sadly may be about web hits and drama, sick and no surprise IMO.

I don't think so Flossie but I could be wrong. It's on fb too. Still waiting.

I don't think so Flossie but I could be wrong. It's on fb too. Still waiting.

Thanks Matou. I am not good at facebook. Waiting too, and thank you for your post, you always have keen insight, I am no fan of the other, please know no offense intended.

I NEVER thought this case would drag on as long as it has...... never!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squidsquidsquid