TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, murdered, Scurry County, Dec 2010 *Arrest in 2021, released in 2023* #4

Shawn Adkins indicted on murder, tampering with evidence charges in Hailey Dunn case

The indictments came down on Dec. 30, 2021, in the 32nd Judicial District Court and show Shawn Casey Adkins is accused of
striking Hailey Dunn in the head with an unknown object causing her death on Dec. 26, 2010.
This is the first mention of a cause of death from any official or court document

since Hailey’s body was found.

The indictment for the tampering shows Adkins is accused of intentionally and knowingly concealing the remains of Hailey Dunn with intent to impair its availability as evidence in any investigation.

Documents: Hailey Dunn struck in head with blunt object, suspect indicted on multiple charges

Upon learning of the indictment, Hailey’s father Clint Dunn released the following statement:

“We remain grateful for all the positive support. It’s been a long six months of waiting after a decade of injustice.
On New Year’s Eve, Mr. Dunn received a call about an official indictment. We are told there are now two (2) felony counts involved.
To those in local media asking us for updates, we encourage you to make those calls on your own.
Please do not ask us to discuss what we are obligated to protect. Mr. Dunn will remain unavailable for comment until after the trial is over.”

Grand Jury indicts Shawn Adkins for murder of Hailey Dunn | newswest9.com

Court documents state Adkins caused the death of Hailey Dunn by “striking her
in the head with an unknown blunt object.”

Note:
I'd like to read the indictment. Anyone know how to get ahold of it, tia.
Yes, I'd like to read that indictment too. So many questions....when and where did he hit her in the head? :(....was she in her bedroom? On the couch that they disposed of? In his vehicle? Before or after he quit his job?

Grand Jury indicts Shawn Adkins for murder of Hailey Dunn | newswest9.com

Court documents state Adkins caused the death of Hailey Dunn by “striking her
in the head with an unknown blunt object.”

Note:
I'd like to read the indictment. Anyone know how to get ahold of it, tia.

I believe the grand jury testimony is sealed so what was released (copy of indictments with a little detail) is all the public will know until trial or plea deal. JMO

eta images!

Attachments

• 271311430_979467362966642_6700291261662586589_n.jpg
    271311430_979467362966642_6700291261662586589_n.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 271384438_979467366299975_5356297680097731819_n.jpg
    271384438_979467366299975_5356297680097731819_n.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Finally!! Yes i want to know the specifics of when he hit her and why they are sure it was he who hit her. Poor Hailey the horror of a life she was forced to live.
@AutumnDawn is the keeper of knowledge in Hailey's case. She remembers things!!! What did BJD & the brother say on the record about Sunday? Remember the play station? Did it record something? Did David leave for his friends house Sunday evening?

@AutumnDawn is the keeper of knowledge in Hailey's case. She remembers things!!! What did BJD & the brother say on the record about Sunday? Remember the play station? Did it record something? Did David leave for his friends house Sunday evening?

Lol I try to remember what was said or at least where I saw it!

I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about the situation with the aunt that night sooo....

Hailey went back to her mom's for Christmas dinner and they ate around 2.

It is unclear if Billie was there all evening or left.

Hailey was texting Billies aunt that evening. Shawn also texted the aunt that evening. (I believe the nature of these texts is what started it, my opinion only.)

David first stated he left at 6 or 7 and went to a friend's house.
Billie was saying 9. I believe the final time they settled on was 9.

Hailey was playing the xbox according to David, and would have probably played until midnight.

Billie stated at 10 she saw Hailey in her room watching tv, and she went to bed.

There is a rumor that there is a picture of her playing, but I'm not sure of an actual time stamp.

Billies brother and a friend were questioned and Billies brother failed the poly. It seems as though they were at the house that Sunday night, but I can't truly confirm that.

Very unclear of what actually happened that night.

People said there was a fight, but Billie says there was not a fight on Christmas day...but she never says anything publicly about clearing up if there was a fight in Sunday.

Recap Snips from Video -

• I'm reading from this because I don't want to forget anything, I want to give a complete detailed statement of everything that happened the day before, the day Hailey disappeared and the day after.
  • On Sunday, December 26th Hailey returned home after spending the night with Clint. I cooked a small Christmas dinner for the four of us, we ate around 2. After dinner we all just relaxed and hung out. It was a nice, quiet, enjoyable, lazy, day.
  • Later that evening around 8 or 9 David left to spend the night with a friend. There were some inconsistencies, I said David left around 6 or 7.
  • Shawn & I were watching TV in our bedroom. Hailey was playing an xbox game in David's bedroom. Around 10:00 I saw Hailey was in her room watching TV. I told her goodnight and I went to bed.
  • On Monday Dec 27th, Shawn left the house at 5:30 AM, my alarm was going off around the time he was telling me bye.
  • I got up and got ready for work I usually leave the house by 6:20. When my ride didn't show up I called her to see what was keeping her. I peeked in at Hailey, cuz I'm used to seeing her asleep on the couch. She wasn't there and I remembered oh yeah, she's in her room.
  • I peeked in and it was dark but her TV was on and that definitely pacified me. I didn't touch her but I seen my daughter and felt good, then came in the living room to wait on my ride.
  • I left the house around 6:30 and got work around 7. Shawn called me at work that afternoon, I asked him about the kids. He told me that David wasn't home yet and that Hailey had left to go to Clints and was going to a friends to spend the night. Normally I work 7 to 7 but I left work early that Monday, we had a staff meeting and the person that was usually there to relieve me was there and offered to cover the rest of the shift.
  • I called Shawn to make sure he would pick me up, we left the hospital around 6:15. We stopped by the ATM close to the hospital to get some money because I was running short on cash, then we went down to Mom's house to check on her and see if she needed anything {she is lying here-this is when they bought drugs-who's to say there are not other lies in this so called "statement"}.
  • Shawn and I got back to C City around 7:30 that evening and were probably in bed by 9. David came in to say goodnight soon after. I was kind of upset that Hailey hadn't called me to confirm she was spending the night, but I wasn't worried about her. I went to bed.
She goes on after the 6:00 minute mark, to talk about the 28th and more.

I believe the grand jury testimony is sealed so what was released (copy of indictments with a little detail) is all the public will know until trial or plea deal. JMO

eta images!
Riddle me this - A search warrant was obtained to collect Adkins’ DNA. After samples were collected on June 13, an arrest warrant was obtained and Adkins was arrested on Monday, Jun 14, 2021

The charges say Shawn struck Hailey in the head with an unknown object, causing her death. It doesn't sound like they know what was used to strike her. So where does the DNA match come into play?

Riddle me this - A search warrant was obtained to collect Adkins’ DNA. After samples were collected on June 13, an arrest warrant was obtained and Adkins was arrested on Monday, Jun 14, 2021

The charges say Shawn struck Hailey in the head with an unknown object, causing her death. It doesn't sound like they know what was used to strike her. So where does the DNA match come into play?
I hate to say this but possibly testing her bed linens for 'biological material'?

What he used to hit her with might not be the reason they wanted his dna. Not to be gross, but when they found Hailey near that Lake, there could have been something on her clothes or near by. Such as urine, semen, hair, blood or even feces...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back