Haleigh Cummings general discussion

My theory:
The cinder block holding the door open is very telling to me. It tells me that someone propped the door open to take something out, most likely Haleigh’s body.
I believe Misty had her drug dealer over while Ron was at work. She drugged Haleigh to make her sleep, while Misty was having sex on the couch with her dealer, which explains Ron Jr saying the couch was bouncing. Misty was swapping favors for drugs. She drugged Haleigh so she wouldn’t tell Ron. She was afraid of Ron.
I believe Ron Jr hid under the covers, scared and crying because he knew something was wrong.
Ron had been calling Misty from work, not able to reach her. Why? Because she was busy with her dealer.
When her dealer leaves, Misty finds Haleigh dead from an overdose. She realizes Haleigh has wet the bed and possibly vomited on herself. That’s why the blanket and pink shirt had been washed.
Misty’s brother, Tommy arrived at the trailer about this time, after Ron called him to check on Misty since he couldn’t reach her.
I believe someone called 911 at around 12am even though the county denies this and there’s no record. But there have been claims that a call was made. It fits the timeline, but in any case, I believe that’s about the time Tommy arrives at the trailer. He finds Haleigh dead and Misty is freaking out.
So he helps Misty remove Haleigh’s body and dump her in the river.
They go back to the trailer and call Ron at work. He comes home around 3 am and Misty calls 911. Ron is irate and yelling at Misty because he knows she was coming down off a drug binge and knew she didn’t want to babysit so he knows something has happened more than she claims.
This is why he’s said he knows 75% sure who took Haleigh. I believe he thinks it’s Joe Overstreet, Misty’s cousin.
Ron knows his and Misty’s lifestyle and drug use weren’t healthy for his children but drug addicts live like that.
Both families are disfunctional, criminal, drug users and I believe one day we will know for sure what happened. Eventually someone will talk. Especially with the long jail time Misty, Ron, and Tommy face.

Last edited:
Tim Miller didn't want anyone in the family to search but he did allow Ron to search riding one of the horses they used.
And as I recall, Ron thoroughly enjoyed the damn horseback ride, IMO it's because he knew there was no chance in hell that they were going to find Haleigh's body because he knows exactly where she was placed.

My theory:
The cinder block holding the door open is very telling to me. It tells me that someone propped the door open to take something out, most likely Haleigh’s body.
I believe Misty had her drug dealer over while Ron was at work. She drugged Haleigh to make her sleep, while Misty was having sex on the couch with her dealer, which explains Ron Jr saying the couch was bouncing. Misty was swapping favors for drugs. She drugged Haleigh so she wouldn’t tell Ron. She was afraid of Ron.
I believe Ron Jr hid under the covers, scared and crying because he knew something was wrong.
Ron had been calling Misty from work, not able to reach her. Why? Because she was busy with her dealer.
When her dealer leaves, Misty finds Haleigh dead from an overdose. She realizes Haleigh has wet the bed and possibly vomited on herself. That’s why the blanket and pink shirt had been washed.
Misty’s brother, Tommy arrived at the trailer about this time, after Ron called him to check on Misty since he couldn’t reach her.
I believe someone called 911 at around 12am even though the county denies this and there’s no record. But there have been claims that a call was made. It fits the timeline, but in any case, I believe that’s about the time Tommy arrives at the trailer. He finds Haleigh dead and Misty is freaking out.
So he helps Misty remove Haleigh’s body and dump her in the river.
They go back to the trailer and call Ron at work. He comes home around 3 am and Misty calls 911. Ron is irate and yelling at Misty because he knows she was coming down off a drug binge and knew she didn’t want to babysit so he knows something has happened more than she claims.
This is why he’s said he knows 75% sure who took Haleigh. I believe he thinks it’s Joe Overstreet, Misty’s cousin.
Ron knows his and Misty’s lifestyle and drug use weren’t healthy for his children but drug addicts live like that.
Both families are disfunctional, criminal, drug users and I believe one day we will know for sure what happened. Eventually someone will talk. Especially with the long jail time Misty, Ron, and Tommy face.
Good theory, however, if you search my theory you will see that I don't go with this theory at all but I do appreciate new eyes taking a fresh look at the case.

I was just coming around to wondering what's up with this batch of heroes. I see on Hank Sr. FB page that about a year ago he was talking about Misty being released early in 2018, but I don't know that that happened. Anybody have any news or a way to find out?

Levi, remember Misty changed her story about what Haleigh was wearing? She said she wore a pink shirt to bed. Then said she found the shirt in the hamper. I think she changed her story after remembering that she told the 911 operator that she wore PJ's to bed.
If you look after a child, you generally know what they are wearing. If you had left a child, and someone else was looking after them you would not. If you had killed a child, there would be motivation to let police look for the wrong clothing. If you had not and found the article of clothing, then are you not more likely to tell police? I do not think Misty was there when Haleigh was killed. Could those kids have been on their own? Is the reason she is not talking because Haleigh died while alone? Or while looked after by someone else? That way lie detectors make sense. She did not kill Haleigh but is guilty of her death. Or maybe she never agreed to babysit at all and Ron left them. Haleigh besotted with Ron helps him cover up and is now 8n too deep. Could Haleigh have been drugged so she would sleep while those kids were alone? Was the first 999 call because Misty returned to f8nd Haleigh dead? What if neither Ron or Misty was there when Haleigh died and Theresa knew they were alone and went to check? If Misty covered up, she would still be looking at serious jail time on that count. Misty could then be truthfully saying she did not kill Haleigh, but have motive for not revealing the truth. To me, her story has always sounded "learned." Ron calling from work could be when Misty has not called to say she is back from wherever and the kids are safe. Did they both leave them alone? Joe, looking for the gun COULD have found the kids alone and taken Haleigh as revenge. Or not. Anyone could. Not the same in Florida probably, but here it is legal to leave a child of any age; but you are guilty if they come to harm. This could also explain Ron's reaction. Tommy knows as Misty called him for help and they all removed the body. Or Misty found no Haleigh at all.

Because the back door was propped open with a cinder block, I think one person carried a sleeping Haleigh out of the house and placed her in their car.

If two people committed this crime, they wouldn't need to hold the back door open with a cinder block.

It is common knowledge that Ron had a spate with Joe Overstreet before he left for work and Joe, being Misty's cousin, knew Misty was alone with Ron's two children when he left Timmy's house late in the evening when Misty and the children were asleep in Ron's trailer. When Joe returned the van, it had scratches on it which suggest it had been driven in a remote, wooded area.

I think Haleigh rode in this van on a regular basis, so finding her hair or scent in there after she disappeared wouldn't concern the kidnapper.

I believe the disagreement between Ron and Joe was over a gun. I don't know if Joe owned a gun and carried it with him, but he may have.

Sadly, Haleigh is dead and she was most likely murdered by the intruder who acted alone.

Although JO may have been named a person of interest, he and no one else has been charged with Haleigh's murder.

Maybe things will change if her remains are found. It is amazing how often human remains are found after many many years so there is always a chance that some of Haleigh's remains will be found and the person who took her life will be charged with murder.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back