Haleigh Cummings general discussion

Hate to tell ya' -- there are families similar to these most everywhere....

Perhaps not in your ZIP code, but likely in your county.

Volunteer in an elementary school, a Title I school if possible, and you'll see what I mean.

jmho of course
I am fully aware. I worked in a title1 school. I worked with many similar families.

He wasn't home when the child went missing from the house. He was at work. Verified. She was the live-in, underage, GF/babysitter that was supposed to be watching the children.

She knows what happened. He stayed close to her to try to get her to tell him. He knew she was lying about it all.

She took LE on a wild goose chase to a pier.

Ron was in agony over the loss of his child. After that, his life was over. But, he didn't kill her, he didn't dump her body. All he did was pick a as a sitter with benefits. Is he ultimately responsible? Yes, for making such a poor choice. Were the whole bunch of them engaged in illegal activity? Yep. Did he kill his child or dump her body? No. Does he know what happened? No.
IMO he drugged the kids because he didn't have a babysitter. Misty was not there when he left for work. Misty was with other people. Hope showed up to check on the children because they were alone. Remember when Ronald stated that he locked the deadbolt himself before he left for work? Misty was finally located after probably a hundred calls from Ronald trying to find her. She was summoned to the trailer after Hope most likely found that Haleigh was overdosed. Then Hope's mother and Ronald's grandmother showed up and left with a large laundry basket. Misty was brought in to cover Ron's sorry *advertiser censored* and to say that she was there babysitting. It was all BS, that's why she couldn't answer the 911 operator. Ron had all the answers. JMO

IMO he drugged the kids because he didn't have a babysitter. Misty was not there when he left for work. Misty was with other people. Hope showed up to check on the children because they were alone. Remember when Ronald stated that he locked the deadbolt himself before he left for work? Misty was finally located after probably a hundred calls from Ronald trying to find her. She was summoned to the trailer after Hope most likely found that Haleigh was overdosed. Then Hope's mother and Ronald's grandmother showed up and left with a large laundry basket. Misty was brought in to cover Ron's sorry *advertiser censored* and to say that she was there babysitting. It was all BS, that's why she couldn't answer the 911 operator. Ron had all the answers. JMO
And that’s how I remember it. Misty never stood a chance. IMO
Edited to add that neither did Haleigh.

I wonder why LE ruled out this theory?
To this day LE claims Misty is they key - Misty knows.

I thought Misty and Annette agreed re: the laundry timing during the Misty and kids dinner and that Annette saw the kids eating peas.

Ultimately, the only questions are: who dosed Haleigh, when, who knew, when did they know, and did Misty have help removing Haleigh from the trailer.

I noticed this more-recently (2019) disclosed tidbit from the LE investigation a bit ago ... and it kinda:eek: blew my mind - it's in the 2 articles linked below:

Misty had taken a shower just prior to first responders showing up at 3:30 AM or so. :eek:

Fresh evidence on Haleigh Cummings, a five-year-old girl who disappeared from home without trace 10 years ago

This article ^^ from 2020 says:

"Investigators still believe that Croslin is the key to solving the crime. She was the last to see Haleigh alive, and the evidence seems to implicate her in the disappearance one way or the other.

For one, PCSO deputies found no signs of forced entry into the family's trailer, with Captain Dominic Piscitello revealing that Croslin had taken a shower before they reached the residence and that there were a lot of strange things about her that night that caught their attention.

Furthermore, detectives have described her statements about the night as inconsistent and said that she has changed her story multiple times over the past decade.

In footage from the interview room where she was being questioned by the detective that features in 'Real Life Nightmare,' Cummings can be seen confronting her about the disappearance.

"You didn't wake up", he says, to which she sobs and responds, "I would never let nothing happen to her if I knew something. I wouldn't let someone just take her."

"You didn't get out of bed?" he asks. "You sure you didn't unlock the door?" She answers, "I didn't even hear anything."

The docuseries also includes footage of Croslin walking through the crime scene just days after Haleigh vanished and crying after finding the shirt Haleigh was wearing the night she went missing.
"When these indicators start popping up that her story to us, as far as the clothing is not adding up, that's when everything starts going from the outside and starts focusing right back on Misty again," said John Merchant, a former lead detective on the case."

And note same reporting below - both articles around time of late 2019 documentary containing same info:
New evidence is released in decade-long search for Haleigh Cummings

Other evidence included in the documentary is footage of Croslin walking through the crime scene just days after Haleigh vanished.

In the video, Croslin can be seen crying after finding the shirt that she said the little girl was wearing when she went to bed the night she vanished.

'When these indicators start popping up that her story to us, as far as the clothing is not adding up, that's when everything starts going from the outside and starts focusing right back on Misty again,' John Merchant, a former lead detective on the case, told HLN.

Detectives repeatedly described Croslin's statements about the night Haleigh disappeared as inconsistent.

'There was a lot of strange things with Misty. I mean, a lot of things in the investigation that kind of said, 'Hey, let's take a look at what's going on with Misty,'…She had taken a shower before we got there so that was kind of strange,' Putnam County Sheriff's Department Captain Dominic Piscitello said.

Last edited:
I'm curious as to what Teresa Neves is doing now. Is she working? Where is she living?

I recently read (somewhere) that she was awarded custody of Butterbean, remained friendly w/ Crystal his mom who couldn't qualify for custody but got to see BB, and I saw that Teresa continues - every year to attend an annual formal missing kids meet-up (relatives-of) and press interviewed her ... where she said she comes back every year b/c no where else are there folks who understand what you went through/are going through.

I wonder why LE ruled out this theory?
To this day LE claims Misty is they key - Misty knows.

I thought Misty and Annette agreed re: the laundry timing during the Misty and kids dinner and that Annette saw the kids eating peas.

Ultimately, the only questions are: who dosed Haleigh, when, who knew, when did they know, and did Misty have help removing Haleigh from the trailer.

I noticed this more-recently (2019) disclosed tidbit from the LE investigation a bit ago ... and it kinda:eek: blew my mind - it's in the 2 articles linked below:

Misty had taken a shower just prior to first responders showing up at 3:30 AM or so. :eek:

New evidence is released in decade-long search for Haleigh Cummings
I think drugs played a huge part in the lives of everyone in the days leading up to and following Haleigh’s disappearance. And the years afterward. IMO
Regarding Nancy Grace? WTH knows what was going on with her!

I remember ... about 14 years ago ... thinking "ah, so ... Ron does know" - when he tattooed Haleigh on his leg, rounded the morning shows begging for Haleigh to be returned, married/went to Disneyworld with his babysitter (w/benefits) who (likely) drugged Haleigh so she could snuggle some dude named Red b/c she was pissed @ Ron and wanted to show him what's what, came home and pounded Tommy.

omg. flashbacks. ugh.

Last edited:
The whole scenario was hard to watch. It was a different culture. Hubby called it "culture of ......"

.......= word where people grow up with generations of no resources and subside on petty crime etc. It's not a bad word, but I don't know if it is the correct terminology here.

When Misty got thrown in jail, I thought for sure she would talk. Hubby said. "She won't. It's engrained in her". Almost like a mafia code of silence, but it isn't. It's just her lifestyle. I guess she's OK with prison. She'll be out in 8 years, so there's that.

The whole scenario was hard to watch. It was a different culture. Hubby called it "culture of ......"

.......= word where people grow up with generations of no resources and subside on petty crime etc. It's not a bad word, but I don't know if it is the correct terminology here.

When Misty got thrown in jail, I thought for sure she would talk. Hubby said. "She won't. It's engrained in her". Almost like a mafia code of silence, but it isn't. It's just her lifestyle. I guess she's OK with prison. She'll be out in 8 years, so there's that.

This is an interesting observation.
In the case of the Croslin/Cummings families - if there was such a culture - it was compounded and accelerated by the Sackler legacy. (imho)

This is an interesting observation.
In the case of the Croslin/Cummings families - if there was such a culture - it was compounded and accelerated by the Sackler legacy. (imho)
I’m sorry, Sackler legacy? You lost me!

HaLeigh Cummings Photo via FDLE)
HaLeigh Cummings

• Missing Since: 2/10/2009
  • Missing From: Satsuma
  • Age Missing: 5
  • Age Now: 19
  • Sex: Female
  • Race: White
Haleigh was last known to be sleeping at her home in the area of Hermit's Cove in Satsuma. She was reported missing by her then-babysitter Misty Croslin, launching a manhunt and garnering national media attention. Since then, Croslin has been serving time for trafficking illicit drugs and is set to be released from prison in 2031.

Haleigh's disappearance is considered a homicide case that remains unsolved. Deputies said the child has never been found.

HaLeigh Cummings’ father back in court after Christmas Day arrest

The father of HaLeigh Cummings, a Putnam County girl whose 2009 disappearance has haunted the small town of Satsuma, is expected to be back in court Thursday in connection with his Christmas Day arrest.

Ronald Cummings was arrested by Putnam County deputies after a crash and faces seven different charges, including battery on a law enforcement officer and drug possession.

Cummings’ attorney is asking for bail to be reduced. His attorney filed the motion almost two months ago.

Right now, Cummings is being held at the Putnam County Jail on $185,000 bond.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back