Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #7

it was never proven where the live rounds came from although it was proven where they did not come from. It was also proven that the Armorer failed to notice or failed to care that 6 live rounds were distributed all over that set and on people. MOO.

Oh I agree with your bolded bit and it's right IMO that HGR has been found guilty as accused. I am quite baffled that nobody seems too worried where the live rounds came from and if there was any possibility of malicious tampering or deliberate intent to cause harm by a vexatious criminal minded third party. It was important to rule out where the live rounds didn't come from as the poor supplier must have been terrified he'd get the blame.

JMO

Oh I agree with your bolded bit and it's right IMO that HGR has been found guilty as accused. I am quite baffled that nobody seems too worried where the live rounds came from and if there was any possibility of malicious tampering or deliberate intent to cause harm by a vexatious criminal minded third party. It was important to rule out where the live rounds didn't come from as the poor supplier must have been terrified he'd get the blame.

JMO
I believe HGR either inadvertently brought the live rounds on set or she herself was “tampering” with the rounds somehow with the inertia puller. Why on earth would she need an inertia puller? That to me is baffling. MOO

SANTA FE, N.M. (Court TV) — Actor Alec Baldwin is accusing prosecutors of “violating nearly every rule in the book” in their effort to charge him in the deadly shooting on the set of his movie ‘Rust.’

In Jan., Baldwin was charged with involuntary manslaughter following an indictment by a grand jury. This was the second time charges were filed against him after the initial charges were dropped months prior.

If interested, more at link...

Posted at 11:35 AM, March 15, 2024

SANTA FE, N.M. (Court TV) — Actor Alec Baldwin is accusing prosecutors of “violating nearly every rule in the book” in their effort to charge him in the deadly shooting on the set of his movie ‘Rust.’

In Jan., Baldwin was charged with involuntary manslaughter following an indictment by a grand jury. This was the second time charges were filed against him after the initial charges were dropped months prior.

If interested, more at link...

Posted at 11:35 AM, March 15, 2024

Wow.

Really sounds like the judge should throw out his charges. Outrageous.

If you are going to charge and prosecute someone fine, do it in a timely manner and according to rules of law and with common sense and keep your darn mouth shut, etc....

Clearly not done here.....2 Cents

JMO
I agree that it is baffling that nobody seemed to worry about malicious tampering. In HGRs first interview, the interrogators asked about that and HGR was adamant that it was unlikely. One reason she gave was that Long 45 Colt ammunition was so hard to come by at that time. But still ...
In the end, I believe it did come from HGR herself even though it wasn't proven. MOO.

I believe HGR either inadvertently brought the live rounds on set or she herself was “tampering” with the rounds somehow with the inertia puller. Why on earth would she need an inertia puller? That to me is baffling. MOO
I wish they had explained and followed up more on that, but I suppose they had no proof. MOO.

The latest revelation about the retracted plea offer was included among hundreds of pages of material made public Friday as part of Baldwin’s effort to throw out the case.

According to the documents, special prosecutor Kari Morrissey offered “a plea deal identical to the petty misdemeanor deal accepted by Dave Halls.”

Halls, the first assistant director on “Rust,” did not serve prison time after pleading last year to a count of negligent handling of a deadly weapon. Instead, he was given six months of unsupervised probation, a $500 fine, 24 hours of community service, and an order to take a firearm safety class.

The filing states that the offer was made on Oct. 5, and Baldwin was given until Oct. 27 to decide whether to accept it. However, on Oct. 17, prosecutors informed Baldwin’s lawyer that the deal was off and they were proceeding to the grand jury, according to the filing.

BBM. That's irrelevant. The results of her actions are the reason she was found guilty.

I think she absolutely was under the influence when she loaded several live rounds into the various props, which was her job. The jury is holding her accountable.

JMO
With respect, I don't think she was. She admitted in texts to using weed the night before (I think) but she wouldn't have been "under the influence of it" by the next day. Also, there is zero evidence that she used drugs on the set or took drugs to the set. No one present has ever made that allegation.

And yet this article speaks of some Rust crew's concerns over her drug and alcohol use.

"In attempting to substantiate an alleged "history of reckless conduct," prosecutors shared a text exchange from Oct. 25, 2021, between prop master Sarah Zachry and ammunition supplier Seth Kenney.

Zachry texted Kenny that Gutierrez had allegedly blacked out the prior weekend and that "I think she was so drunk that she didn’t know she brought live ammo onto the truck when she went to get a gun from the safe," according to the filing.

Witnesses also saw Gutierrez "high on marijuana in her hotel room in Santa Fe while simultaneously in possession of boxes of ammunition for use on the set of the movie," special prosecutor Kari Morrissey wrote."

It's curious why the drug use wasn't pursued more through witnesses during trial. And of course why they didn't drug test her that day.

MOO.
She wasn't under arrest, though, as far as I'm aware. Also, at the time there would have been no reason to suspect that she'd used any sort of drugs. That text exchange between SZ and SK didn't happen untal days after.

In addition, why is what SZ said in that text of any relevance at all? It's nothing more than her opinion and it's from someone who was potentially in the frame as well so her "opinion" is hardly unbiased.

Why did she have live ammo in her motel room or on the set? It’s not like carrying mints or lip gloss in your purse. You don’t carry live ammo unless you plan to use it. If you’re an armorer, you’re not supposed to be shooting off guns with live ammo.

What am I missing here? Do people who are gun “fans” carry around live ammo all the time in their pockets or purses like TicTacs? It all sounds crazy.
There is still absolutely zero actual evidence that she took it to the set - knowingly or otherwise. Not one single piece. There is no evidence that she actually had any knowledge of live rounds being present, either.

No one knows where that ammo came from. As I have said repeatedly, given the brass it used, it was either handloaded or produced by a small volume maker. The former being by far the most likely.

On your last sentence; I'm a firearms dealer and I occasionally have loose rounds in my pocket.

it was never proven where the live rounds came from although it was proven where they did not come from. It was also proven that the Armorer failed to notice or failed to care that 6 live rounds were distributed all over that set and on people. MOO.
The thing that struck me was that one of the live rounds was found in the gun belt worn by Alec Baldwin. Now, that gun was out of the sight of HGR for a while. It is surely not impossible that AB or someone else was messing around with it and may have introduced the live round from the gun belt.

I'm surprised that her defence didn't make that point because it certainly sounds like reasonable doubt to me.

I missed the point about the kinetic hammer but unless she had a reloading press then there's not really much she could do once the bullet had been removed.

I'm still not at all convinced that she took the rounds to the set, tbh. I think it's possible, even likely, but there isn't level of evidence to prove a criminal charge, tbh. In any event, I'm totally convinced that if she did she didn't do so knowingly.

I missed the point about the kinetic hammer but unless she had a reloading press then there's not really much she could do once the bullet had been removed.

I'm still not at all convinced that she took the rounds to the set, tbh. I think it's possible, even likely, but there isn't level of evidence to prove a criminal charge, tbh. In any event, I'm totally convinced that if she did she didn't do so knowingly.

At one point there was a shortage of dummy rounds on set, then a mystery box of dummy rounds, presumably with the live ones in them arrived. I think she was planning to convert live into dummies. or possibly had already, before that mystery box arrived. It would explain why she removed the extractor from the prop trailer after the shooting. She probably originally thought one of her homemade dummies killed the director. And she wasn't charged just because they thought she brought live rounds. she was charged because she admitted that she didn't check the rounds she loaded into the gun. In one of the interview videos she says she shook the entire box but didn't check individual rounds before using them. And that was the mystery box that nobody will admit to providing to the movie.

And she wasn't charged just because they thought she brought live rounds. she was charged because she admitted that she didn't check the rounds she loaded into the gun.
That's exactly why they didn't need to prove who brought them on set. No matter where they came from, she didn't bother to check the rounds being loaded into the guns or going into gun belts and wherever else they were found on the set. One critical mistake after another. MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back