Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the part I've bolded is true then that is about as scummy as a person can possibly get, quite frankly. MOO, obvs!

As I just mentioned it seems there would be a defense Motion to counter Morrissey's accusations.

As I just mentioned it seems there would be a defense Motion to counter Morrissey's accusations.
The defense hasn't had a problem trying to try this in the court of public opinion so if they didn't do what they are accused of, I'd expect them to have given proof to the media by now.

The defense hasn't had a problem trying to try this in the court of public opinion so if they didn't do what they are accused of, I'd expect them to have given proof to the media by now.

I don't know, I'd have to check the Motions as what M said was through a court filing

If the part I've bolded is true then that is about as scummy as a person can possibly get, quite frankly. MOO, obvs!
And if true, IMO was probably a mechanism to try and gain their perspective and input on the matter. Like putting a foot in the water to check the temperature. Although it would not be under oath or on the record it would seem. IANAL. MOO

I haven't seen the defense comment much on the case, not since the early days. Compared to the prosecution, they say very little. They're a pretty sharp team and don't seem like the type to forget about a deadline for discussing a plea deal.

As for the prosecution, I've read about 3 different versions of their story of the alleged plea deal. JMO, its always best to wait and see what the parties have to say in court, where they're not allowed to lie or fudge the facts.

I'm not sure that the "lack of good 'ole common sense" can be attributed to the lawyers as far as that decision was concerned, quite frankly.
@Marantz4250b Well, as the saying goes:
Common sense is so rare now, it's practically a superpower these days.

(I'd like to credit the member who used ^this^ as a siggie line but do not recall who it was.
Whoever :) TYVM)

That's Morrissey's version of the story.

I'm waiting until I hear or read the arguments and see any evidence when it's presented in court.
The producer of the documentary, Rory Kennedy, has already debunked it and is fighting a subpoena.

JMO

In an affidavit Kennedy included as part of her response to the subpoena, she stated that Baldwin “did not commission, solicit, encourage, or otherwise seek out” the documentary she is producing, according to Variety.

While Baldwin did sign an exclusivity agreement related to his participation in the film as an interview subject and may consult regarding its factual accuracy, Kennedy stated the actor “has no creative or editorial control" over the film, the outlet reported.

The producer of the documentary, Rory Kennedy, has already debunked it and is fighting a subpoena.

JMO

In an affidavit Kennedy included as part of her response to the subpoena, she stated that Baldwin “did not commission, solicit, encourage, or otherwise seek out” the documentary she is producing, according to Variety.

While Baldwin did sign an exclusivity agreement related to his participation in the film as an interview subject and may consult regarding its factual accuracy, Kennedy stated the actor “has no creative or editorial control" over the film, the outlet reported.

Thanks for that information. Rory Kennedy is free to make a documentary if she wishes. She doesn't need permission from the prosecutor. Baldwin has no control over it. As for using Kennedy's documentary as an excuse to cancel the plea deal, it sounds like they don't have any evidence that Baldwin was saying or doing any of the things they claim, probably just a bunch of rumors and internet conspiracy theories.

I was getting nervous! I didn’t think this judge would actually dismiss it but the longer the wait the more I started to worry. I think she was just grilling Morrissey to make the record clear for the inevitable appeal post-conviction, if there is one.

His lawyers said after Friday's judgement: "We look forward to our day in court."

So do I!

I was getting nervous! I didn’t think this judge would actually dismiss it but the longer the wait the more I started to worry. I think she was just grilling Morrissey to make the record clear for the inevitable appeal post-conviction, if there is one.

His lawyers said after Friday's judgement: "We look forward to our day in court."

So do I!

Yes. Just let a jury decide this mess.

"Alec Baldwin, 66,

WILL go to trial

after judge denied a motion to dismiss actor's involuntary manslaughter case

following death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on Rust set."

1716629545286.png

"Alec Baldwin, 66,

WILL go to trial

after judge denied a motion to dismiss actor's involuntary manslaughter case

following death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on Rust set."

View attachment 505743

Just observing the apparent image change for AB from months back and earlier. Have to wonder if the defense team for AB might have enlisted an image consultant or jury consultant for the case? See e.g. images of AB circa April 23, 2024 in post #885 up thread and earlier. MOO
Post in thread 'Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #7'
Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #7

This is from the insane roadside interview with paps pretty close in date after the shooting:

106970778-1636036829826-gettyimages-1236259435-775591919.jpeg

This is the interview with ABC’s George Stephenopolous:

1638623483528_tdy_news_7a_alec_baldwin_rust_211204_1920x1080-6eg3ko.jpg

This is from 2022 in the UK:

53926547-10489985-Farewell_Alec_Baldwin_said_goodbye_to_rural_Hampshire_on_Tuesday-a-1_1644397521295.jpg

This was about a year ago 2023 from his Instagram:

alec-baldwin-gets-dragged-by-instagram-followers-062723-tout-2ab13b2429d6444d8040466190d61343.jpg

This was April 2024 when he was harassed by that crazy woman at the coffee shop:

83996297-13340679-image-a-4_1713890263486.jpg

He looks the same to me in all of these. He’s in his 60s and this has to be an extremely stressful situation for him. But he’s alive. Halyna is not so it’s hard to feel too sorry for him.

I’m sure his 8 lawyers will pull all the stops. Jury consultants, image consultants all the works. It will make him look too remote and untouchable, which won’t help him. He needs to come with 1 lawyer and appear humble. I don’t know if he can manage that.

JMO

I assume he has great attorneys. A jury might be enamored by his star power (like it or not, he is a celebrity), and he was told the gun was cold. I don’t think any real gun should be handled as recklessly as it was on this set. It was the armorer’s job to ensure that the weapon was unloaded, and her job to ensure that weapons were handled properly on set. She did not do her job.

Was Alec responsible for the set as he was a producer, did he make demands or conduct business in a way that contributed to this tragedy? He pulled the trigger and lied about it. I would have more sympathy for him if he just told the truth from the beginning. He said he felt no guilt whatsoever. Even if he blamed it entirely on the armorer, how can he not feel some type of way knowing that his weapon, in his hand, fired the fatal bullet? It was an accident that never should have happened. The court will decide who bears responsibility. Hopefully real guns on sets are never used again. There is no need.

Said Who?
.... he was told the gun was cold....
snipped for focus @DizzyB

Cold gun?
Said who (besides AB)?
Said when?
To whom?
Quote & link pls. Anyone. TiA.

After 2 1/2 yrs of coverage from many sources, sometimes a precise point gets blurred.

Said Who?

snipped for focus @DizzyB

Cold gun?
Said who (besides AB)?
Said when?
To whom?
Quote & link pls. Anyone. TiA.

After 2 1/2 yrs of coverage from many sources, sometimes a precise point gets blurred.

Halls has come in for harsh criticism for two actions just prior to the shooting. First, according to the widely reported narrative, Halls took the gun from Gutierrez Reed and handed it to Baldwin. Second, he declared it a “cold gun,” meaning it did not carry an explosive charge.

But in his deposition, Halls denied that he had done either of those things.

Halls testified that he checked the gun with Gutierrez Reed — as was their typical practice — and then she was the one who handed it directly to Baldwin.

He also said he did not announce that it was a “cold gun.”

“I don’t have any recollection of me saying that,” Halls said. “I have recollections of Hannah saying it.”

I think it will be interesting how they’re going to prove Hanna told him it was a “cold gun.” It’s doubtful she’ll testify. Halls will get that in but there’s a discrepancy in what AB said as to whether Hanna handed him the gun or Halls handed him the gun. AB has said both. Halls denies handing AB the gun. He says Hanna did it. So Halls’ credibility is going to be important for defense in this case. Ofc AB will testify and get that in himself but his credibility on this issue will also be put in question. If he says Halls handed him the gun, and Halls denies saying “cold gun”……will be interesting. Then there’s the issue of whether AB checked the gun WITH Hanna. So many moving parts.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member