Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope there will be DNA or touch DNA on the pants found with the remains. I know that oils from touch DNA can stay in place for a long time. Hopefully they would be kind of resistant to the rain and other elements. Also, if her nails are still intact there may be some good DNA there. Hoping...

It is possible, if they only found bones, to have the DNA of the person who did this?

DNA may be under fingernails, or on whatever clothing or items they may have found. JMO

Is it possible, that with the high winds this past week that her hair could have been blown away and scattered? I'm sorry to say this, but if decomposition had detached it from the scalp, does that seem likely? Still it seems that there would be some under the skull.

It looks like a heavily treed area, so I doubt that wind would cause the scalp to blow away. It's possible that the hair was not missing and the searchers simply didn't notice it. Arm and leg bones were not mentioned either, but they must have been there.

Attachments

• Ammonett Branch Creek.jpg
    Ammonett Branch Creek.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 551
And there we have it. 3193 address. Google it.

Mountain View Adult Home
Address: Independent Assisted Living, 3193 Old Lynchburg Road, North Garden, VA 22959
Phone: (434) 293-5375
Hours: Open today · Open 24 hours

See Post #25 this thread.

Surely there is something that make them sure it's Hannah even without the results back. Longo seemed pretty sure. So it means they recognized her from something. I don't think that they would have say that in a press conference with the risk of having a different kind of results in a few days. I don't know if it were the clothes or something else, but they recognized her from something.
Agree. Going back in time to think about how Longo gives the public info is telling. He was not shy about naming Jesse Matthew from the GET GO, and he was correct even though many people still thought JM was innocent. He seems to be a confident and accurate man when it comes to giving us info. I do not think he would lead us down an inaccurate path. If he believes its HG, I have 100% confidence that it is.

When I look at the photo of the house, it's the last thing I'd think of when I hear the term "Assisted Living". Kind of creepy looking.

Mostly caught up. Two points: His clothes could have been discovered at the scene yesterday. I do think that keeping a something of the victims is part of his sexual fetish.

And it amazes me to think of the folks that have been at the right place and right time, the WG seeing her being followed? the woman in Texas spotting him on the beach, the searcher yesterday who followed his gut and kept looking, it's seriously amazing!

Attachments

• HannahWalnut1a.jpg
    HannahWalnut1a.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 534
I found now this. They are talking about the person who called the tip line.

http://insidecville.com/blog/exclusive-where-hannah-was-found/

So the WS sleuthers got the scoop way ahead of time. Wow!

Great that the man reported the buzzards. I wonder what took so long to go there?

I am so pleased with the people who have been counteracting this monster. Goodness is out there. The woman who alerted him in Texas and now this man. Kudos!!!!

So the WS sleuthers got the scoop way ahead of time. Wow!

Great that the man reported the buzzards. I wonder what took so long to go there?

I am so pleased with the people who have been counteracting this monster. Goodness is out there. The woman who alerted him in Texas and now this man. Kudos!!!!
Can someone remind me where JMs registered business address was? Was it the Ponderosa Trail addy that was his moms old address? About 4 miles from where HG was found?

Where did this information come from about the Adult Assisted Center? Is there an MSM link for this information? We need to be careful about speculative conclusions because they tend to be twisted to become fact. I have not read an MSM article or LE state exactly where the remains were found and Longo was keeping that information close to the vest.

I think it's an assumption based on the location of the Ammorett Branch creek, and the statement from the searcher who said that she was fairly close to the road. At the same time, the searcher said that it was when they were leaving the park that he decided to check a neighboring property that appeared abandoned, and that the body was found in a dry creek bed near that property.

I have wondered if the abandoned building might be the one marked 37xx, as that property belongs to the county.

Attachments

• Possible Location 2.jpg
    Possible Location 2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 521
Quoting myself again...

Wondering if this is the road in the first photograph as it is very close to the command post and scrutinizing the best I can (wee google man won't go there) I see a wooden fence and what looks like shadows from a gate.

View attachment 61623 View attachment 61624

That is the property that I was looking at yesterday, as it seemed to match all the report information.

I hope there will be DNA or touch DNA on the pants found with the remains. I know that oils from touch DNA can stay in place for a long time. Hopefully they would be kind of resistant to the rain and other elements. Also, if her nails are still intact there may be some good DNA there. Hoping...

Highly unlikely - touch DNA is from epithelial (skin) cells that are shed and deposited on surfaces that we touch. These cells are very,very fragile and do not last long. It is difficult to get touch DNA from items people handled multiple times in pristine conditions, much less in conditions like these.

Look at it this way, every time it rained (and it rained a lot) it was like the evidence (pants, other clothing, jewelry, etc.) was being hosed down with a garden hose, washing away anything that was there. In addition, one of the biggest enemies of DNA is plain old dirt. Dirt is filled with bacteria that basically chews up the DNA making it useless. Dirt, moisture, heat and humidity - all destroy DNA very efficiently.

All this would affect anything under her nails as well - small amounts of DNA to start with, exposed to the environment = very little chance of getting any foreign DNA (i.e. any DNA not belong to whoever the remains are).

I have 2 homes in my neighborhood that look very much like the house in the photo. A few years back I started to notice a lot of cars parked out in front of them, people who appeared to be healthcare workers in and out (people in scrubs) and what I'm assuming were residents...adults w/ Down's Syndrome, for example. The houses don't have signs saying that they are assisted living type places, but that's the only thing I can figure they are. My point being..that they are just ordinary houses in an ordinary neighborhood. When I did home health at one time (I'm a nurse) I went into some similar type homes.

I will be very interested to hear how they came to search that particular area. Seems too targeted to just be a blind guess. I've been looking for an article that talks about Mark Eggeman's return back after leaving the Charlottesville area. Anyone know of an article mentioning it? I can't remember the timing.

It wasn't a blind guess. The searchers were wrapping up a search at the park and decided to check an abandoned property next to the park. In other words, they continued to search beyond the park boundaries at the last minute as they were wrapping up for the day.

What a sick monster. There are no words.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member