Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have turkey vultures in my area (about an hour from C'ville.) Seriously, I used to be afraid they could carry my toddler off. I ain't kidding. HUGE.

I am in the camp that there was something distinctly Hannah at the site. Either that sparkly shirt and white tennis shoes or a bracelet or her phone.

Sorry this is OT, but regarding vultures . . .

Years ago, my sister lived with our grandmother in an old house that really high ceilings and windows (at least 12' high, maybe more, from antebellum construction). My sister woke up from a nap on her bed one winter afternoon to a horrifying sight: Sitting in the branches of the massive old tree outside her window was a colony of buzzards, all facing her, looking at the window! Eek!

Oh my goodness, I remember Taylor Biel. She was stalked by her BF (I think) . Another terrible loss.
Someone said it took four days to identify Morgan. It has been 2 days and they need to be sure it's dear Hannah. Maybe they hadn't collected DNA from the parents yet, thus had to process all three. I am ok waiting, although I do think it is her. Otherwise they wouldn't have called off the search in Walnut Park, but maybe should have gone ahead to look for evidence.

The thanks should go to a new member Broadway26 he was the first to post the article I just quoted from it I saw it in a comment RSC posted but I couldn't find the post of the new member to like it.

Yes, I too read the article when Broadway26 posted it. I meant to comment then and forgot. Thanks to you both!

Yes. It is a definite possibility in this case. I'm just being too picky about evidence, sorry. I do think that the remains are Hannah, but we cannot be sure until it is stated as fact. JMO

How long does it typically take to process such a large crime scene like this? I can't remember how long it took in Caylee's case or Morgans. TIA

I do think LE believes this is Hannah and is just waiting for absolute confirmation. I know it sounds a bit callous that Hannah is not a priority with the Lab. I think it important that we remember there are other people waiting for news on their loved ones. Folks we have never heard of. They are important to their Family's. JM isn't going anywhere. Thankfully. I shudder to think how many others?

Exactly. The medical examiner's office is responsible for identifying hundreds (or more) bodies every year and each one is someone's daughter, son, mother, father, etc. They all deserve the same care and respect. The ME has a procedure in place for the identification of remains and it has to follow this procedure. Pressure from outside agencies, media, or whatever can lead to rushing through things and that leads to errors which is absolutely what you want to avoid, especially is a high profile case.

I drove by today and the plank rd intersection to old Lynchburg was still shut off and patrolled. The Red hill intersection had a sign saying media only. So they were definitely there today.

Have any reporters seen evidence bags? Hope so. JMO

This is utterly creepy..... nothing like what I would expect an assisted living facility to look like!

teeandcee just meant that if they didn't think it was Hannah, they would not have mentioned to US that they contacted her parents. We know it's protocol to contact the parents. You can correct me if I'm wrong, teeandcee, I just didn't want to see this get even further off track from what you were referring to.

So LE were going to tell the public that during a search for Hannah they came across a body but won't notify anyone's family until they find out who it is? And you don't think the first thing a reporter would ask is if it is, or could be, Hannah? ETA: and the second being; do the Graham's know?

Or were LE not supposed to tell anyone they found a body and keep it hush hush?

I'm trying to understand the point, here. Help me out.

I don't know, but I believe that could be the case with all the activity we saw at the park yesterday. Maybe he took her to the park first, then realized the body would be found too quickly and relocated her...

When it rains in Virginia, the water run off goes into creeks. The creek behind my house is normally dry. Given two to four inches of rain, especially torrential downpours, the creek rises up above the banks. Sediment from upstream is carried hundreds of yards. Within hours after a storm, the creek bed has subsided. Two days later, the soil isn't that moist. Last Weds. I was on a field trip , we had to take our bus to a local center due to a tornado warning. That rain would have raised all creek beds and tributaries.

Hello, again to all you WS. I just wanted to share some thoughts about the lack of confirmation about the remains thus far. In my humble opinion- the priority in examining the remains would likely be to extract any and all remaining DNA from the body before everything is turned back (and rightfully so) to her family so they could prepare a proper memorial and burial for (in my opinion, Hannah) her. Because of elements, birds, bacteria, other rodents, animals, weather the remains will need to be microscopically and very thoroughly examined for any remaining tissue. In this light, confirming her identity is not the priority but the careful exploration of any/ all remaining available evidence IS the first priority.
Again, this is my humble perspective-

I can't link this County of Albemarle gov't land map, but here is the link to the site I believe otto originally linked.

Very interesting, if you search the 31*3 address and click on map to left of the address a map will come up, make sure the type of map is GIS once open. Look south of the driveway at 31*3, see the creek south of the cottage as well. Just on the south side of the creek is a driveway to the vacant lot that's next door to 31*3 leading way way back into the woods. It's just on the southside of the creek. Is this the location of the gate we had discussed earlier?
The parcel is 42 acres and looks like the Ammonet Branch is on this neighbor's property, not the 3193 property lines.
Please post a pic here if anyone can. I don't know how to do it.

http://gisweb.albemarle.org/GISWeb/Welcome.aspx

Sorry if this has already been answered; I'm catching up.
Yes, this is the exact property dda and I posted about two nights ago. It's the property with the gate in the Google maps pic posted. According to dda, this is the property that is wooded and overgrown, with owners who are not local. The Ammonett Branch creek flows through this property that isn't currently in use (has been logged in the past for timber?).

I don't know, but I believe that could be the case with all the activity we saw at the park yesterday. Maybe he took her to the park first, then realized the body would be found too quickly and relocated her...

The final location must have been chosen in a hurry, IMO, because it wasn't really very secluded--honestly, I'm sort of surprised the remains weren't found sooner.

Hello, again to all you WS. I just wanted to share some thoughts about the lack of confirmation about the remains thus far. In my humble opinion- the priority in examining the remains would likely be to extract any and all remaining DNA from the body before everything is turned back (and rightfully so) to her family so they could prepare a proper memorial and burial for (in my opinion, Hannah) her. Because of elements, birds, bacteria, other rodents, animals, weather the remains will need to be microscopically and very thoroughly examined for any remaining tissue. In this light, confirming her identity is not the priority but the careful exploration of any/ all remaining available evidence IS the first priority.
Again, this is my humble perspective-

Welcome observation, to WS. I have seen a number of cases where skeletal remains were found where both those things happened. First ID and then the microscopic, very thorough examination. In those instances confirmation of ID came quickly but remains were held a very long time in order to just what you are suggesting.

Look forward to reading more of your thoughts in the days to come.

Is there a possibility that this dry creek bed could have retained enough water during last week's heavy rain to move the remains and pants from another (nearby) location? This could be why such a large area around the park is closed off by LE.

I doubt it since the streams and topography does not meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500