Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe Jean C. knows any more than we do, Jmo.
This is OT, but first time I ever knew anything about Jean Casarez was when I was trying to follow the Casey Anthony trial and would get home in the evenings and watch,or at least listen to NG. (Bombshell tonight! I obviously was desperate for any news). Anyhoo, she always calls her by her whole name every time she speaks to her, and has that syrupy sweet southern drawl, and for the longest time I thought she was calling this poor woman a 'jinkasaurus', and I thought wth is that, and why is she calling her one? I even tried to google 'jinkasaurus' to see if I didn't know my dinosaurs as well as I thought. And this is why I no longer watch NG.

If that property is determined to be the scene of a brutal crime then I believe THAT is what has to be disclosed to potential buyers. Not merely that remains had been found on the property. Big difference. IMO

Not in Virginia, unless the seller says to disclose. I'm a VA Realtor too, and just double-checked. Because the death or crime has no lasting effect on the property value is the reason...

Correct me if I am wrong, they aren't required to disclose, but if asked about anything like that they are required to answer?

Its been years since I had my real estate company and I have sold homes where suicides have happened and I always felt it was my duty to inform my buyer of that beforehand.

I believe it is a law in some states that it must be revealed to the buyer. Some people are just not comfortable buying property where suicides and murders have happened and it would be a really raw deal to keep it from them, imo and then they learn it later on.

I believe in full disclosure. I certainly wouldn't want to sell a home to anyone who could not live with the fact that a suicide or murder had happened there or even keep it from them that a murdered body had been found on the property. That is just not fair and seems awfully sneaky knowing there are some that would not want to live in these homes or buy these properties. They invest way too much money in a home to be lied to or omitting all the facts they should consider before purchasing the biggest investment they will ever make.

It may or may not bother me but I dang sure would expect to be told by the agent and then "I" could decide if the place was good for me or not.

Would dogs be able to pick up the scent of bodies left on the ground for several years and perhaps scattered ?

In the dirt, everything is concentrated and I can believe dogs would find other victims in the area they are searching if the bodies are contained in a shallow grave.

As well, perhaps ground radar is possible when a scent is detected by the dogs to scan over an area.

The ease which JLM was observed to take Hannah leads me to believe that he was comfortable with his routine and his behavior and I wonder if more victims will appear as well outside of the UVA area.

Speaking of the dogs, where did they hit a scent? Was it at the park? Anyone?

that's so funny, I don't know how people didn't see the gate? I don't mean any disrespect; it just goes to show that people perceive things really, really differently.

There's also a driveway that curves a bit ... it looks to be about 125 feet from the road to the creek bed. I'll post a map if there isn't one, but I'm assuming that's already been done earlier today. Correction ... there's an entire road, or trail, behind that gate, that goes ... not sure where ... going to see if I can figure it out.

Speaking of the dogs, where did they hit a scent? Was it at the park? Anyone?

Have there been reports that cadaver dogs were being employed in the search area? I would think so I would hope it was SOP.

Does anyone think the delay in publicly announcing a positive ID might have anything to do with strategy? They did just announce the grand jury indictment today. Maybe the pause is intentional. :waitasec:

I did see a tweet the day remains were found that dogs had hit on an area. It was prior to the presser. Anyone remember seeing it?

My hope would be that whomever next owns the property would do something to honor the memory of Hannah.

Having said that however, we live in a country full of land that is tarnished. Be it murder, genocide, slavery, or other acts of unspeakable discrimination and dehumanization. It is imperative that we do our best to honor the victims of these tragedies, Hannah included, and make it our mission to prevent history from repeating itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking this very thing. the bolded part... the other part.... very well spoken. thx!

This is OT, but first time I ever knew anything about Jean Casarez was when I was trying to follow the Casey Anthony trial and would get home in the evenings and watch NG. (Bombshell tonight! I obviously was desperate for any news). Anyhoo, she always calls her by her whole name every time she speaks to her, and has that syrupy sweet southern drawl, and for the longest time I thought she was calling this poor woman a 'jinkasaurus', and I thought wth is that? I even tried to google 'jinkasaurus' to see if I didn't know my dinosaurs as well as I thought. And this is why I no longer watch NG.

:laughing:Still cleaning up screen. lol

[/B]

BBM. Yes, totally possible and I wouldn't be surprised since he must have felt rather cocky knowing he was never found for what he (most likely) did to Morgan... He knew he didn't want his dna found to match up, for sure!

Thanks Phoebeb. I cannot remember the exact details, but wasn't JLM involved in some sort of driving incident after Hannah was reported missing? Something about speeding or driving erratically? I wonder where this occurred in relation to where Hannah was found? Just thinking back to all the early stuff that happened and trying to figure things out.

Speaking as a guy who bought a home that had a dead body stashed under the crawl space...

- In NC you have to disclose.

- In my case, SBI dogs picked up on scent almost 3 years (?) after victim was murdered.

No, this was NOT my sister's case, this was years later when I moved to the States. Yes, this stuff seems to follow me. You gotta keep a sense of humor. :)

www.theresaallore.com

This is utterly creepy..... nothing like what I would expect an assisted living facility to look like!

There are different types of assisted living. I believe this was meant to be a home where mentally challenged adults would live with a paid companion or 2 on-site 24 hours a day. These homes are usually part of a regular neighborhood, and have only 3-4 residents. This allows the residents to live as normal a life as they are capable of, while having supervision for their safety and well-being. Examples of residents could be people with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Down Syndrome, mild mental retardation, etc.

I think people hear assisted living and automatically think elderly clients, but typically those facilities are larger with many residents.

The final location must have been chosen in a hurry, IMO, because it wasn't really very secluded--honestly, I'm sort of surprised the remains weren't found sooner.

It sure seems like tips about vultures and buzzards should have been followed up immediately.

What is that near the end of the road, in the bottom right of the image?

Attachments

• GrahamLocation.jpg
    GrahamLocation.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 490
It sure seems like tips about vultures and buzzards should have been followed up immediately.

See I would think so too, but then last few years, we have had a lot of turkey vultures hanging round town. That is different from what we used to see 10 years ago. I can imagine, in more rural areas, that to see vultures of some variety, circling, would not be terribly unusual. I am not near VA. but where I live, carrion birds hang out much more so in more rural areas than city, and I can tell you - I do not think twice anymore about turkey vultures, in my childhood unseen unheard of, in the city, circling and landing in the road over dead vermin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74