Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think back and LE has used the word property quite a few times in this search - asking the public to search their "property" numerous times. Never once in previous uses of the word did I think "building" I thought - "the piece of real estate you own/rent/manage in it's entirety."

If CNN hadn't reported that she was found in an "abandoned structure" it would have never crossed my mind to use property and building interchangeably. For me it's kind of a leap to assume property means structure, so I hope CNN has an inside source that makes it more credible than just their interpretation of the PC.

BBM - Several of us here believe that Jean C. probably has a source for this as she is not cavalier with her facts. Funny how words mean different things to different people, though. To me, the word "abandoned" almost implies a structure because it means at one point it was occupied. I guess land that isn't being farmed or the grass isn't being cut could be considered "abandoned" but that is not the way my brain works....one thing we can count one is that this is one question that WILL be answered - probably rather soon!

Thanks for your kind words, it really means a lot. I feel a bit broken right now but this was definitely the right area of the internet to head to.

I am so sorry for your loss, alreetlike.

Today has been an emotional day for me as well. Around 1pm today I was told that one of the best bosses I have ever had died suddenly yesterday. I had worked for him for over 20 years and still maintained a very close friendship. He was one of the best friends I have ever had. He was a mentor, a friend, a father figure, and the most honest business man I have ever known. So while I was reeling from that loss I got word a few hours later about Hannah being found.

Life is so precious. At least with my friend he lived a long good life and had touched so many lives in positive ways.

It is sad that Hannah did not have a chance to make a difference in so many people's lives. I have no doubt she would have gone on to make her positive mark in the world.

When evil crosses the path of goodness ...evil may win then but in the end goodness will overcome evil. Hannah's life will have such validation and meaning. She lost her life but she also saved so many other girls from suffering the same fate.

May God wrap his loving arms around the Grahams and let them know she really hasn't left them for she is there in their hearts were she will always be.......in that special place that no one can replace.

Hannah has saved so many 'next girls.' May God rest her sweet soul. :heart:

Unusual coincidence that Hannah has been found one day and 5 years after Morgan first disappeared. imo

One thing I've always wondered: When the police matched up the DNA from the 2005 Fairfax victim with Morgan Harrington back in 2010, wouldn't they have already found any other DNA matches for crimes that occurred before 2010? I would assume that any rapes or murders with DNA evidence left behind would've automatically matched up in CODIS just like Morgan's did. That is why I don't expect a slew of other cases suddenly matching up to JM via DNA. (Not that he isn't responsible for other missing girls, but maybe they don't have perp DNA to compare for some of the other cases.) If there was a DNA match for any other unsolved cases before 2010, they would already know, right?

BBM - Several of us here believe that Jean C. probably has a source for this as she is not cavalier with her facts. Funny how words mean different things to different people, though. To me, the word "abandoned" almost implies a structure because it means at one point it was occupied. I guess land that isn't being farmed or the grass isn't being cut could be considered "abandoned" but that is not the way my brain works....one thing we can count one is that this is one question that WILL be answered - probably rather soon!

I absolutely have always found JC very credible. I may not have agreed on some of her personal opinions about cases but when it comes to the facts she is very reliable and articulate.

I am so sorry for your loss, alreetlike.

Today has been an emotional day for me as well. Around 1pm today I was told that one of the best bosses I have ever had died suddenly yesterday. I had worked for him for over 20 years and still maintained a very close friendship. He was one of the best friends I have ever had. He was a mentor, a friend, a father figure, and the most honest business man I have ever known. So while I was reeling from that loss I got word a few hours later about Hannah being found.

Life is so precious. At least with my friend he lived a long good life and had touched so many lives in positive ways.

It is sad that Hannah did not have a chance to make a difference in so many people's lives. I have no doubt she would have gone on to make her positive mark in the world.

When evil crosses the path of goodness ...evil may win then but in the end goodness will overcome evil. Hannah's life will have such validation and meaning. She lost her life but she also saved so many other girls from suffering the same fate.

May God wrap his loving arms around the Grahams and let them know she really hasn't left them for she is there in their hearts were she will always be.......in that special place that no one can replace.

Hannah has saved so many 'next girls.' May God rest her sweet soul. :heart:

So sorry for your loss too. Thank you for sharing your story, and I love the last line of your post. :)

Fitting moment personally to remember that I, or any of my friends/family, could be "the next girl".

There's just something about the way that these two girls were taken by the same individual, in the same town, and that Hannah's body (more than likely) was found a day after the 5th anniversary of Morgan's body being located.

I believe it was Gil Harrington who said yesterday that this will be the last year they put a black ribbon on the bridge - that next year it will hopefully be green. Now she can get that wish.

Hugs to all of the them and to the strength that it must take to go from day to day. :grouphug:

That might be why they did not search the dog indications yesterday? They knew they were about to discover her and waited until after the Copely bridge event?

Although we knew in our hearts that he had killed Hannah, it does nothing to lessen the shock and sadness that we feel over this. Her poor family. I just cannot imagine the depth of despair and terror they have been thru and I hope they can find some comfort in finally having their beautiful vivacious girl found and being able to lay her to rest properly. This has been such a heart wrenching case.

Rest in sweet peace now, Hannah.
Lots of silent voices with raging hearts have been following your story.
God bless your grieving family and friends now and forever.

Hoping for earthly justice for you...and little mercy for your perp.

Yes, when I hear "property", I think LAND. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Sorry, meant to reply to a quote.

Btw, I googled "body decomposition 5 weeks" and there is a lot of information. It's gruesome, though, so I'm not even going to link it.

Have been following but not posting. I did a rewind of scanner and if anyone is interested, I posted an address in the scanner thread for where Hannah was possibly found based on address that came over scanner.

If she was located at the site the dogs indicated, perhaps that is why they waited until today to dig.

Unusual coincidence that Hannah has been found one day and 5 years after Morgan first disappeared. imo

Her dad was out there today with Longo. :(

While he may have come to the scene I don't think he saw Hannah's remains.

I am sure he has developed a meaningful relationship with Longo and would listen to his reasoning why he should remember Hannah as the vibrant daughter he loved dearly rather than looking at her remains now.

I think he heeded Longo's urging him not to do this.

One thing I've always wondered: When the police matched up the DNA from the 2005 Fairfax victim with Morgan Harrington back in 2010, wouldn't they have already found any other DNA matches for crimes that occurred before 2010? I would assume that any rapes or murders with DNA evidence left behind would've automatically matched up in CODIS just like Morgan's did. That is why I don't expect a slew of other cases suddenly matching up to JM via DNA. (Not that he isn't responsible for other missing girls, but maybe they don't have perp DNA to compare for some of the other cases.) If there was a DNA match for any other unsolved cases before 2010, they would already know, right?

HaikuMommy's, there is so many missing from a very small geographical area and many have never been located.. As sexual predators/serial killers escalate and gain experience/hone their skills, many become investigative and forensically aware. They will attempt to destroy forensics utilizing various methods to accomplish this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squidsquidsquid