Hannah Graham murder - Pretrial motions hearing: January 11, 2016

I remember everyone joyous when the cigar and news of the DNA linked him to MH. I really believe there was excellent police work on this case.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yes FeistyCat, I remember it well! The police work was incredible and I like how they kept the public informed. For many different reasons, details in some cases are not revealed.

The mulch pile:

52a8fd08d4a176c73730b7a24549e932.jpg

http://ideastations.org/radio/news/hannah-graham-testimony-has-residents-reeling

Poor, poor Hannah. I have followed this case for a long time wanting to know what happened to her. Now that we are finding out, it is hard to take.

I agree EmmaRose. It's such a feeling of sadness and desparation for poor Hannah and my heart breaks for her parents as these horrific details come out. Bless her heart.

I haven't really followed this case like most of you have, but am wondering if you guys think Hannah would still have been murdered if she willingly had sex with him. Do you think it's because she fought back or is he the type that enjoys the killing?

I haven't really followed this case like most of you have, but am wondering if you guys think Hannah would still have been murdered if she willingly had sex with him. Do you think it's because she fought back or is he the type that enjoys the killing?

No, I don't think the circumstances of the case make that likely at all. I think JM planned to murder Hannah as soon as he saw her, and especially after he got her into his car. If he had raped her, but Hannah had not put up a fight at all, would he have let her go? That's extremely unlikely....Hannah would have very likely gone to the police, and LE would have investigated. I've read that if you are in the situation where someone tries to force you into a car, do NOT go, even if they threaten to shoot you, do not let them take you to a secondary crime scene. Also, for all we know, Hannah did not fight back...She could have froze. I remember reading that in Polly Klaas's case, she was hiding in the bushes when her murderer was talking to the police---she was so scared she couldn't even speak up. It was horrifying. I think a lot of victims in this situation may have the mentality that if they just play nice, their abductor will let them go. That they shouldn't grab the steering wheel and crash the car for instance, because they could make their abductor really angry? Or they could just freeze because their brain freezes too. We always talk about fight or flight but I think freeze is very common response too.

Henry Graff ‏@HenryGraff 2h2 hours ago Charlottesville, VA
Parents of #HannahGraham attend hearing. #JesseMatthew is also here.

Kristin Smith ‏@kristin8news 2h2 hours ago Charlottesville, VA
At the #JesseMatthew hearing. Defense is trying to get evidence tossed from case. Argues police took items not on warrant

Henry Graff ‏@HenryGraff 1h1 hour ago Charlottesville, VA
CPD forensic investigator testifying. Collected the evidence at #JesseMatthew apartment. Took hairs, shorts, cell phone and cigar butt.

Kristin Smith ‏@kristin8news 1h1 hour ago Charlottesville, VA
Evidence the defense wants dismissed includes DNA from cigar butt that links #JesseMatthew to Morgan Harrington.

Neal AugensteinVerified account ‏@AugensteinWTOP 1h1 hour ago
Defense argues detective seized items that weren't authorized in initial search of #JesseMatthew's apartment.

Kristin Smith ‏@kristin8news 1h1 hour ago Charlottesville, VA
Prosecution arguing officers used discretion to seize items not listed on warrant... Toothbrushes, bedding and #JesseMatthew wallet.

Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews 1h1 hour ago
BREAKING: testimony reveals red stains discovered on several pieces of bedding seized in #JesseMatthew's apt

CONT: test detected small bits of blood in bathroom sink swabbed in #JesseMatthew's apartment.

CONT: semen stain discovered on white sheet seized from #JesseMatthew's bed.

Detective Jeremy Carper acknowledged items including toothbrushes were seized to gather #JesseMatthew DNA for future analysis

Defense says detectives were gathering DNA of #JesseMatthew before there was any evidence of a crime against #HannahGraham.

Kristin Smith ‏@kristin8news 15m15 minutes ago Charlottesville, VA
One hour recess in #JesseMatthew hearing to suppress evidence seized from his apartment.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 16m16 minutes ago Charlottesville, VA
JUST IN: judge will rule on #JesseMatthew motion to suppress evidence at 12:45 pm today

Neal AugensteinVerified account ‏@AugensteinWTOP 11m11 minutes ago
At 12:45 judge will rule on #JesseMatthew motion to suppress all items seized from home, because search was overbroad and beyond scope.

Neal AugensteinVerified account ‏@AugensteinWTOP 7m7 minutes ago
Defense atty Doug Ramseur says search was "an exploratory rummaging through everything" #JesseMatthew apt, and "home is a sacred place."

Kristin Smith ‏@kristin8news 5m5 minutes ago Charlottesville, VA
BREAKING: Judge denies motion to suppress evidence in the case against #JesseMatthew @8NEWS

An Albemarle County Circuit Court judge has denied a request to suppress evidence in one of the murder cases against Jesse Matthew, Jr. His attorneys were trying to get evidence from the search of Matthew's apartment suppressed in the Hannah Graham capital murder case.
A Thursday hearing was a continuation of a hearing that took place Jan. 11 during which several police officers testified about the search warrants used on Matthew's apartment and car as well as evidence presented by a bloodhound used in the search for Graham.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_Newsplex

Thank Gawd. He needs to go. Away. Forever.

Thanks for following this and posting, jacct!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

I was just catching up on media releases and appreciated this link:

Search warrants for Jesse Matthew's car, apartment detail search for Hannah Graham
Author: Melissa Gaona
Published On: Jan 12 2016
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -
For the first time, we're getting a detailed look at the search for UVA student Hannah Graham.

Those details come from search warrants released Tuesday for Jesse Matthew's apartment and car. He was eventually charged with Graham's murder.

Search-warrants-for-Jesse-Matthew-s-car-and-apartment.pdf

It completely explains Hannah's movements and timeline that night.

I find the information about the mulch pile interesting, as it suggests that Jesse Matthews took Hannah to a location in the city to attack her, yet we know that her body was found near an abandoned house several miles from the city. I had assumed that he drove her directly to the location of the abandoned house, but this suggests that she was attacked shortly after they left the Tampa bar. I'm guessing that when she arrived at the abandoned house, she was either deceased, or severely injured. I suspect that if it is true that Jesse attacked Hannah shortly after he had her in his car, and that the body location was more of a disposal site, then most likely the same thing happened with Morgan.

I find the information about the mulch pile interesting, as it suggests that Jesse Matthews took Hannah to a location in the city to attack her, yet we know that her body was found near an abandoned house several miles from the city. I had assumed that he drove her directly to the location of the abandoned house, but this suggests that she was attacked shortly after they left the Tampa bar. I'm guessing that when she arrived at the abandoned house, she was either deceased, or severely injured. I suspect that if it is true that Jesse attacked Hannah shortly after he had her in his car, and that the body location was more of a disposal site, then most likely the same thing happened with Morgan.

IMO, very possible. I always thought too that she was brought straight to where she was eventually found. I guess he couldn't wait that long.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back