Has anyone seen that defining Hurricaine Katrina photo?

It worked Dez - unbelievable how these places were just leveled!

poco said:
It worked Dez - unbelievable how these places were just leveled!
In a moment the laughter can go to tears and then to never ending silence.

God bless the smiling faces that no longer walk amongst us. We will re-build and create a monument to your memories.

I never, never thought I would see such a thing happen twice in my lifetime……

Jules said:
http://www.chron.com/

The Houston Chronicle just updated their site - the photo of the man being rescued brought tears to my eyes.
He is lucky to be alive, I hope he will recover

front_rescue.jpg

Yep, Cass, he is. I just wonder how many others will be found near death.

Thanks for posting the picture for me. :blowkiss:

mysteriew said:
In most disasters there is always a photo that really stands out as defining the disaster. When I think of the bombing of the Murray Bldg, I think of the photo of the fireman holding the injuried baby in his arms as well as the photo of the bombed building. With WTC it was the fireman raising the flag they found in the ashes, and the firemen carrying the priests body.
So I am looking for canidate's for the defining photo for Hurricane Katrina.

Also talk about the photos you see and what they meant to you. (Please link to the photo if you can).
Thank you.

Actually I have always also thought that was a very powerfull picture of the fireman holding the baby. I always thought it was a picture of a fireman rescuing a baby from the wreckage...taking it to safety. However I saw in a documentary that the fireman is holding a dead child he has found in the wreckage... when you know that and see the look on the fireman's face looking down at that innocent in his arms...it is just about the most moving picture I have ever seen.

Dez Perado said:
One of my favorite little out of the way places in this part of the country has always been Old-Town Bay St. Louis, Mississippi. That quaint little step into the past was leveled two weeks ago. I will miss it tremendously.

I was there about 3 years ago. We stopped there for lunch while driving to Florida and I just fell in love with that town. It was so beautiful and historic. Hard to believe that it's gone now.

The Houston Chronicle just updated their site - the photo of the man being rescued brought tears to my eyes.

This one really got me too Jules. I pray that he makes it.​

NewMom2003 said:
I was there about 3 years ago. We stopped there for lunch while driving to Florida and I just fell in love with that town. It was so beautiful and historic. Hard to believe that it's gone now.QUOTE]

I loved roaming around the little place on a beautiful fall afternoon and hearing the abundance of wind-chimes ringing out from all the little shops along Beach Blvd. It was also a great place to be for the annual crusin' the coast event.

Thanks Dez, for posting those links. I am truely sorry for all of the pain and loss in your part of our world. It is unimaginable to me, even after seeing the pictures....

BTW...I love your screen name, what a great idea!

I have just received some awesome pictures of the actual hurricane as it was coming ashore. It was in an email. I don't know how to post them but if someone would pm me their email address I will forward to you. I am not computer savvy. Just if ya'll want to see them.

concernedperson said:
I have just received some awesome pictures of the actual hurricane as it was coming ashore. It was in an email. I don't know how to post them but if someone would pm me their email address I will forward to you. I am not computer savvy. Just if ya'll want to see them.

The pictures are up, and are totally AWSOME! Very powerful images!
And scary just to look at!
I posted them in their own thread, but they definately deserve to be in this thread also!
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=808131#post808131

I agree. :( I saw an interview with her mother - it was heartbreaking.

Here is a link to it:
http://www.pulitzer.org/year/1996/spot-news-photography/works/ff-640-med.jpg

Maybe So said:
Actually I have always also thought that was a very powerfull picture of the fireman holding the baby. I always thought it was a picture of a fireman rescuing a baby from the wreckage...taking it to safety. However I saw in a documentary that the fireman is holding a dead child he has found in the wreckage... when you know that and see the look on the fireman's face looking down at that innocent in his arms...it is just about the most moving picture I have ever seen.

Gabby... they are not of Katrina.

There was a whole thread on those pics, they are real pics - but not of Katriana. Snopes has a page on them :(

Yeh, I got these same pictures in an email, they are gooing around the net. My email said they were taken in Alabama.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52
Back