HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any update on the remains being human and how old they are?
I can't find any new information, but I'm just wondering under what circumstance someone would wrap an animal carcass in a tarp. I'm not a hunter, but I can't think of a reason a hunter would do so. I feel like I'm missing something. Any thoughts?

I have always felt that SM put Heather in the Francis Marion forest. He would be familiar with that route going back home/ or to and from Summerville. Backroads. I think of Britt too.

JMO

I have always felt that SM put Heather in the Francis Marion forest. He would be familiar with that route going back home/ or to and from Summerville. Backroads. I think of Britt too.

JMO

BBM I have always thought that as well. I also believe he had the spot picked out before he killed her-all part of the premeditated plan.

Andrews is a small town, so I'm sure this is pretty big news there. Don't y'all think if someone had dumped an animal carcass or bones, they would come forward to clear things up? Or can anyone think of a reason that might prevent you from coming forward?

Tapatalking

I'm confused by the fact that under heathers missing file with namus it says dna available but not submitted.. Any thoughts on that?

Luckyladee, according to what I've recently learned about DNA, the "primary goal should be to obtain reference samples from both biological parents." So to that point, the DNA of both DE and TE are "available." As to why their samples are not "submitted," I can only speculate. My *advertiser censored*umption is that if and when remains are found that are suspected to be Heather's, those samples will be submitted. Of course, I expect someone to jump in and debunk my theory, since I'm relatively new to these types of cases, but this is the only explanation I could think of.

https://identifyus.org/documents/NamUs-DNA_Protocol_for_Collection.pdf

Andrews is a small town, so I'm sure this is pretty big news there. Don't y'all think if someone had dumped an animal carcass or bones, they would come forward to clear things up? Or can anyone think of a reason that might prevent you from coming forward?

Tapatalking
Last night when I clicked on the link (on my phone, mind you) provided by stillwatersc, the article wasn't updated to say the remains belonged to an animal. That's when I posed the question about someone coming forward. So, just disregard the above post, since I can't delete it. Sorry 'bout that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa