Health, Hygiene and Safety Tips for living under Coronavirus quarantine #2

I had an appointment with my ophthalmologist yesterday - rescheduled from a week ago when their computer system was down. As Covid restrictions in Michigan have eased since my last visit in February, I noticed some relaxation in protocols in the eye care facility. While masks are still required, they are no longer taking patient temperatures upon entry. Patients no longer have to fill out the Covid questionnaire re: symptoms of Covid, exposure, travel, etc., and the yellow "crime scene" tape that separated seating in the waiting room was removed. Tech told me that they will no longer require masks effective July 1, and things should get back to normal. I was not asked about my vaccination status but told tech that I had my shots in March; it was noted on my chart.

I don't usually have allergy/asthma in the spring and summer but have been experiencing a lot of nasal drainage, scratchy throat, nighttime coughing, and chest tightness for the last couple of weeks. I attributed fatigue to the heat and humidity we've had in recent weeks until I checked my peak flow and noticed that it was in the cautionary range :eek: I've increased my Qvar inhaler dosage from one to two puffs daily, and have been using Pro-Air (rescue inhaler) along with Robitussion - DM. I finally got a good night's rest and feel much better today. Ophthalmologist told me that they have seen a lot of allergy symptoms in patients for a couple of weeks, so it must be something in the environment.

Be well, thoughts are with you here.

I went to the dentist for my cleaning yesterday. Masks were required and there were not near as many people there at the same time. I waited maybe 5 minutes. I’ve normally had 30-45 minute waits in the past.

Be well, thoughts are with you here.

You are so sweet :) This current allergy/asthma attack caught me off-guard as it's been a couple of years since my last episode. I don't want to have to be on oral steroids and hope I can nip this in the bud. Peak flow is back in normal range, and I didn't wake up coughing last night. I always have to pee in the wee hours but went right back to sleep and didn't cough all night.

I had an appointment with my ophthalmologist yesterday - rescheduled from a week ago when their computer system was down. As Covid restrictions in Michigan have eased since my last visit in February, I noticed some relaxation in protocols in the eye care facility. While masks are still required, they are no longer taking patient temperatures upon entry. Patients no longer have to fill out the Covid questionnaire re: symptoms of Covid, exposure, travel, etc., and the yellow "crime scene" tape that separated seating in the waiting room was removed. Tech told me that they will no longer require masks effective July 1, and things should get back to normal. I was not asked about my vaccination status but told tech that I had my shots in March; it was noted on my chart.

I don't usually have allergy/asthma in the spring and summer but have been experiencing a lot of nasal drainage, scratchy throat, nighttime coughing, and chest tightness for the last couple of weeks. I attributed fatigue to the heat and humidity we've had in recent weeks until I checked my peak flow and noticed that it was in the cautionary range :eek: I've increased my Qvar inhaler dosage from one to two puffs daily, and have been using Pro-Air (rescue inhaler) along with Robitussion - DM. I finally got a good night's rest and feel much better today. Ophthalmologist told me that they have seen a lot of allergy symptoms in patients for a couple of weeks, so it must be something in the environment.
I’m glad you nipped that in the bud!! There’s been a lot of talk here (SWFL) too about the allergies people are struggling with this year. We had unseasonably cool weather and low humidity in May. Summer weather kicked in about 2 weeks ago. I suspect that allowed the pollen and plants to thrive rather than fry!

I get maybe one headache a year. Usually sinus related. That was this past weekend right before the summer rain started. Hopefully I’m done for the year!

I’m glad you nipped that in the bud!! There’s been a lot of talk here (SWFL) too about the allergies people are struggling with this year. We had unseasonably cool weather and low humidity in May. Summer weather kicked in about 2 weeks ago. I suspect that allowed the pollen and plants to thrive rather than fry!

I get maybe one headache a year. Usually sinus related. That was this past weekend right before the summer rain started. Hopefully I’m done for the year!

Not quite over the hump yet but improving daily. Peak flow staying in green (good) range. Less nighttime coughing. When I do cough, I can hear "crackling" in my chest which means that mucus is breaking up. Qvar steroidal inhaler makes me hoarse, so I will be glad to get back to just one puff daily once symptoms are gone.

Be safe in those storms.

It was raining here (central NC) this morning. We drove in the rain to our first in-person church service* since March 8, 2020, but after church it was dry (altho humid) and there were even patches of blue sky. But now it looks like more rain is coming shortly. Just heard thunder!

* We wore masks and had a pew to ourselves. People were spread out in the sanctuary. We were asked to hum the hymns rather than sing. I really wanted to sing! But it was lovely to be in church for a semi-normal service again. One of these days we will be back in the choir loft, singing with the choir--I can't wait!

It was raining here (central NC) this morning. We drove in the rain to our first in-person church service* since March 8, 2020, but after church it was dry (altho humid) and there were even patches of blue sky. But now it looks like more rain is coming shortly. Just heard thunder!

* We wore masks and had a pew to ourselves. People were spread out in the sanctuary. We were asked to hum the hymns rather than sing. I really wanted to sing! But it was lovely to be in church for a semi-normal service again. One of these days we will be back in the choir loft, singing with the choir--I can't wait!
Not to torture anyone else but I’m so thankful it’s out of the GOM. My oldest is still out there. I tried to track her research vessel online yesterday. But the data was old. I’m hoping they headed a bit southeast to wait it out.

Update on my air purifier. The filter light came on last week. The new filter came today and I switched it out. What a difference! Since my kiddo has been with me for 4 months, my sewing stuff is in my room. I’m wondering if the fabric fibers and thread made an impact. The next 6 months should tell me. Kiddo is moving out this weekend. Looking forward to getting my sewing room back.

Attachments

• 484E0E37-294C-4D80-80A1-1BEDEDAB9C15.jpeg
    484E0E37-294C-4D80-80A1-1BEDEDAB9C15.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 18
Update on my air purifier. The filter light came on last week. The new filter came today and I switched it out. What a difference! Since my kiddo has been with me for 4 months, my sewing stuff is in my room. I’m wondering if the fabric fibers and thread made an impact. The next 6 months should tell me. Kiddo is moving out this weekend. Looking forward to getting my sewing room back.

Wow! That's amazing. I'm glad your kid has found a place and you will have your sewing room back!

DH changed the filter in our air purifier a couple weeks ago - first time since we've had it. It didn't look too bad but is supposed to be changed quarterly.

Dust mites thrive in fabrics and are probably very pleased to be camping out in your sewing stuff. I'm guessing that you're not allergy to dust mites. I'm sure it will be nice to have your sewing room back. Best wishes to your daughter on her new venture.

DH changed the filter in our air purifier a couple weeks ago - first time since we've had it. It didn't look too bad but is supposed to be changed quarterly.

Dust mites thrive in fabrics and are probably very pleased to be camping out in your sewing stuff. I'm guessing that you're not allergy to dust mites. I'm sure it will be nice to have your sewing room back. Best wishes to your daughter on her new venture.
Actually I have a terrible allergy to dust mites which is why I'm always dusting or wiping things down. I have these clear bins that I keep the bulk of my fabric in. The thread and other small items are in plastic drawer towers. I keep batting in big garbage bags. Once the kiddo moves out I'm going to redo the closet in there. I need more shelving so I can put my small clear bins out of the way.

I wonder if this is worth the money? $159 to have a mosquito free area? Hmmm.. Sounds promising but is it safe?

These Stylish String Lights Are the Secret to a Mosquito-Free Backyard (msn.com)

TIKI brand recently announced the launch of its BiteFighter™ LED String Lights, aka a sophisticated outdoor lighting option that will illuminate your backyard while also ridding it of mosquitos. As the brand's motto goes, "surround yourself with ambiance, not mosquitos."

Actually I have a terrible allergy to dust mites which is why I'm always dusting or wiping things down. I have these clear bins that I keep the bulk of my fabric in. The thread and other small items are in plastic drawer towers. I keep batting in big garbage bags. Once the kiddo moves out I'm going to redo the closet in there. I need more shelving so I can put my small clear bins out of the way.

I'm sorry to learn that you are allergic to dust mites along with your food allergies. Dust mites are my worst allergy and the hardest to avoid. I did shots off & on for 30 years, but I'm not sure they ever really helped. During my original allergy testing, the nurse did a series of pricks along my forearms. Before she had finished the twelve needle sticks, two of the spots on my right arm were already turning bright red, itching like crazy, and developed large whorls within minutes. Those turned out to be dust mite allergies that have been the bane of my existence for years.

I wonder if this is worth the money? $159 to have a mosquito free area? Hmmm.. Sounds promising but is it safe?

These Stylish String Lights Are the Secret to a Mosquito-Free Backyard (msn.com)

TIKI brand recently announced the launch of its BiteFighter™ LED String Lights, aka a sophisticated outdoor lighting option that will illuminate your backyard while also ridding it of mosquitos. As the brand's motto goes, "surround yourself with ambiance, not mosquitos."
I think the only way to keep them at bay is to keep the grass cut as low as possible, no drenching rains and nightly visits from the mosquito truck and plane. Lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back