Heather Locklear and Richie Sambora divorcing!

I am disappointed to hear this, too, as I thought they'd be a couple that would beat the odds. However, I always got the impression that this marriage was all about Heather...she was the showcase and he was merely her sidekick. But I'm wondering if Heather is trying to recapture the 1980's. She looks absolutely terrific for her age (I should be so lucky...but then again, if my career was "me", I'd probably look pretty good, too!) but I wonder if she's having trouble coping with the fact that she's considered middle-aged now (isn't she 40-ish?). Richie will always be a wonderful guitarist and is a member in a very successful band that was one of the few to survive past the 1980's. However, Heather is a mediocre actress (this is just my opinion) at best and isn't in demand for box office hits. It seems like every couple of years the TV execs have to try plug a show with Heather Locklear in it...didn't her most recent one "LAX" basically flop? I've never been able to take her seriously as an actress...she always appears to be doing just that...."acting". I did see her in a movie several years ago where she played a woman with multiple personalities and I give her high kudos for that as she actually did do a wonderful job.....on that one. The rest of the time, Heather Locklear is playing Heather Locklear. I guess I'm wondering if she's going through one of those middle-aged things................or if she never got over Tommy Lee to begin with. :waitasec:

Daisy said:
I am disappointed to hear this, too, as I thought they'd be a couple that would beat the odds. However, I always got the impression that this marriage was all about Heather...she was the showcase and he was merely her sidekick. But I'm wondering if Heather is trying to recapture the 1980's. She looks absolutely terrific for her age (I should be so lucky...but then again, if my career was "me", I'd probably look pretty good, too!) but I wonder if she's having trouble coping with the fact that she's considered middle-aged now (isn't she 40-ish?). Richie will always be a wonderful guitarist and is a member in a very successful band that was one of the few to survive past the 1980's. However, Heather is a mediocre actress (this is just my opinion) at best and isn't in demand for box office hits. It seems like every couple of years the TV execs have to try plug a show with Heather Locklear in it...didn't her most recent one "LAX" basically flop? I've never been able to take her seriously as an actress...she always appears to be doing just that...."acting". I did see her in a movie several years ago where she played a woman with multiple personalities and I give her high kudos for that as she actually did do a wonderful job.....on that one. The rest of the time, Heather Locklear is playing Heather Locklear. I guess I'm wondering if she's going through one of those middle-aged things................or if she never got over Tommy Lee to begin with. :waitasec:

i saw that movie also...it's the only thing i've ever seen her in that was actually good, imo...i can't think of the name of it now, but i was surprised how well she did in it....

Daisy, I think you hit it on the head - all about Heather - 24/7. Richie gave up a lot when he married her. He moved away from his parents (with whom he is very close) to be on the West coast with Heather. He has always stated he wanted several kids. She finally did have one but balked at having any more. Now that she is not working, he wanted to move back to the East coast to be closer to his elderly parents and she refused. Sounds like Heather was acting like a spoiled brat.

I'm not a big fan of her acting either and like her even less now. Marriage is about compromise and I don't see Heather doing any such thing.

I still don't think she is hung up on Tommy though... are there any links to that info?

Jules said:
Daisy, I think you hit it on the head - all about Heather - 24/7. Richie gave up a lot when he married her. He moved away from his parents (with whom he is very close) to be on the West coast with Heather. He has always stated he wanted several kids. She finally did have one but balked at having any more. Now that she is not working, he wanted to move back to the East coast to be closer to his elderly parents and she refused. Sounds like Heather was acting like a spoiled brat.

I'm not a big fan of her acting either and like her even less now. Marriage is about compromise and I don't see Heather doing any such thing.

I still don't think she is hung up on Tommy though... are there any links to that info?
EXACTLY(!!!!) what I have been thinking!:crazy:

Jules said:

I still don't think she is hung up on Tommy though... are there any links to that info?[/QUOTE]

Hi, Jules! Not that I know of. Just rumor that she was calling Tommy on the evening of her birthday wanting him to join the party. I would HOPE she's not still hung up on him....sounds like he was abusive to her when they were married.

You are totally right in that marriage is about compromise. Looks like Richie did all the compromising. Ah well, Heather might just want to stick around in L.A. to try get yet another TV show going that will flop within weeks of premier. I think she needs to realize that she never really was an "A list" but has always been a "B list" actress and always will be.

I like Heather, always have... :p

Thanks Idehoho!! Ugh, I find that so gross... I mean, I know Tommy has some appendages (OOOPS! Did I say that??? I meant appeal......), but I find Richie MUCH more appetizing! :D :D :D

Jules said:
Thanks Idehoho!! Ugh, I find that so gross... I mean, I know Tommy has some appendages (OOOPS! Did I say that??? I meant appeal......), but I find Richie MUCH more appetizing! :D :D :D
Me too!

Jules said:

I agree, Richie is "Much more appetizing". :p I don't even want to think about or imagine where Tommy's (much talked about) appendage might have ventured! :hand:

I hope its not true about the Tommy part. He's just nasty, and so gross, imo.
I don't know why anyone would want anything to do with him. Nasty!! :loser:

Jean said:
I agree, Richie is "Much more appetizing". :p I don't even want to think about or imagine where Tommy's (much talked about) appendage might have ventured! :hand:
Pamela Anderson, for one. :silenced:

Jules said:
Yep, and God only knows who else has been in there.... :eek: :silenced:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Too many to name.

Tristan said:
After 11 years of marriage. I really liked them together and hoped they'd
stay together. What's going on with all these celeb break-ups??

50% of the population divorce, including celebrities. I don't think there's any sort of plague just for them.

Kid Rock has and that is just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gross!!!! Doesn't look like he's bathed in a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back