TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
"One of the charges is abuse of a corpse. I guess I don't know what that means."

It means they can keep Megan for a longer period of time, with a high enough bail before the County DA can file Capital Murder Charges against her.

Morticians are licensed by the state, so I am guessing any transportation of a corpse by an unlicensed driver/business can be looked upon as a felony. In this tragedy, it is used to keep Megan in jail indefinitely before filing a complex capital murder case.
LE strategy.....
Its working....

I'd love to know the details of how MF pulled off that FaceTime call to Chris Fine's sister wherein she pretended she had just given birth to Margo and held her up to the phone. Like, where was she? Were they still in the hospital, or back at HB's studio apartment where her mother was also helping? Either way, how did she manage to get someone else's newborn baby to herself for a call like that where she was that confident that nobody would overhear? Because that call sure sounds like evidence she was planning this kidnapping for at least 2 weeks (obviously it could have been much longer).
That's what I'd love to know. What the total heck?

I have to tell you, after working with brain injured clients in the past at a rehab- one has no idea, and I do mean no idea, just how strong a very tiny girl, teenage girl, or a grown woman can be, when adrenaline is high. A grown woman could no doubt lift almost double her weight and throw it across the room. Let me just say this much- it can take 3-4 workers to restrain a woman in such a condition, until the adrenaline levels lower. Same with the men obviously. It can actually be quite frightening when you see and deal with it yourself the first time.
And her adrenaline would have been off the charts for this, for sure. :/

This was no doubt planned...I was actually thinking a stun gun is easier to obtain than chlorophyll and easier...jmo...and I still think not everyone is accounted for involved. I am thinking at least 1 more person knew at least after the fact and did nothing for about a week.

As for custody...because its a newborn and the parents are not married they do need to establish paternity...it does not necessarily have to be a character assassination on the father. Unfortunately the states usually take about a month to issue birth certificates and regardless they would do DNA to establish identity of both the baby and Heidi due to the nature of the case. Its the smart thing to do legally.

The only way I see a lone woman pulling this off successfully is with a weapon of some sort - a gun held to Heidi or a knife/gun held to the baby to get Heidi to her car quietly. She probably already had a carseat in her car for the baby, or just didn't care about that, and got Heidi in the trunk.
I am following this thought.
What about? Forcing HB to drive at gunpoint. Once away from people. FM has her pull over. From behind she strangled her. Drags her to the trunk. GM then drives on to Houston.
(But how does the purse end up in HB's car?)

I think in that case baby would go to next of kin. The unmarried part is the problem. Unwed dads actually have very few automatic rights in many states.

No. If the Father is on the birth certificate, the child goes to the parent. For many child custody cases between unmarried couples with children, the mother's parents are the main instigators for full custody to the mother. Margo will be returned to her father.

It's reasonable to believe - to expect- that they absolutely would have been advised/coached/briefed on how to handle public statements and pleas for assistance and that includes what to say and what not to say. They may have had an idea early on that she was abducted and were treating it that way. SC's comments were made both directly to HB and to whomever may have taken her. The repeated use of Heidi's name is one. It can sound very odd or forced if you don't know why he's doing it (for those of you who thought he did something to her). It included telling her and any suspect/s what an amazing mother she is (her aunt used the same words, too btw) and how much support and love she had from family and friends. His requests were directed to an abductor about feeding the baby, etc. Both bases were covered: voluntary disappearance and abduction.

LE didn't have to know the name of the person involved, only that the possibility existed that someone was involved in their disappearance and based on their extensive knowledge and experience, absolutely they would have advised and coached family what to say and what to keep.

I'm sorry that my post was unclear. My reference was about SC and the parents not being coached what to say on the day after HB went missing specific to MF and any actions by her in or near her Houston residence. In other words, LE had no knowledge of MF involvement less than 24 hours after HB went missing, and therefore could not share it with the family or coach them on the details as others alluded to. The presser answered many questions here.

What about? Forcing HB to drive at gunpoint. Once away from people. FM has her pull over. From behind she strangled her. Drags her to the trunk. GM then drives on to Houston.
Maybe?
FM says --get in the car, no not your mine. (Then HB purse is left in car)

I had that same question. I have to wonder if this was a planned trip. From what I’ve seen, MF lives in Houston, Heidi in Austin. That’s a 2.5 hour drive, which is usually planned with advance notice, not a “pop over.”
MF could have volunteered to stay a few days and help sense Hiedi's mom was going home.

In another news article it said neighbors had been asked if they saw a black SUV the day of the abduction. Do you know why LE was asking about a black SUV when the one in the pics is not the one?

Remember a black SUV being mentioned? Sorry, can't find the right article.

Missing Austin mom found dead, infant daughter alive in Houston-area home, friend arrested
I did read that the neighbor with the video surveillance system was asked if he saw a black suv driving by. I wish I knew why they mentioned and what they were looking for? Maybe we'll learn why when they release the probable cause indictment.

From the beginning, I could tell how much he loved Heidi. He was so distraught. He was pure, not eloquent at all. His eye contact was probably off, his words so mixed up. Because he loved her so much and his baby girl. I pray for him tonight. I prayed for him from the beginning. His poor red eyes. God bless him. He loved her.

Yeah, here’s a good article about it.

Chloroform has been featured in crime fiction since the 19th century, but in those pulpy publications it’s erroneously presented as an instantaneous “knockout drug,” often applied via soaked rag in an alleyway ambush. In reality, chloroform-induced sedation requires careful and continuous dosing, says Nathan Lents, forensic biologist and professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice.

How Chloroform Has Been Used to Murder Over the Last 25 Years

Also from the article you linked:

"When sedation is dosed correctly, the compound depresses function of the central nervous system, meaning that 'you can knock out a person’s conscious awareness, and as long as you don’t go further, the autonomic functions are still intact,' Lents says. 'That’s why your brain can still control your breathing, kidneys and visceral organs, which rely on information from the brain. But only if you get the dose right. At lower doses it knocks you out; at higher impulses it kills you.'”

"Lents says that the majority of chloroform-related deaths are the result of respiratory failure, although fatal cardiac arrhythmia can also occur."

It probably never left the car. I think people are making too much of her purse left in the car. She may have just been in the process of schlepping all of her stuff up to the third floor of her apartment (if that's where she indeed resided) and the purse wasn't one of the first things she brought up. Obviously LE knows a lot more about her movements and the suspect's movements than we do. Cell phone records and pings will be big in this case/trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph