TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Tammy B. ever speaks to this, it will be most interesting to learn if she thought MF to be a bit “odd”. She’d know her on a different level than Heidi & see her infrequently. I’m sure she’s thinking back to MF’s visits and convos she during her stay with Heidi & SC.
Moo

The investigation is still clearly ongoing and until LE makes further public statements about POI/Suspects and "People Being Cleared", I'm not sure much has changed (other than arrest of MF) since LE made the original statement about anything and everything being on the table.
Rsbm

Hi friend :)

Well, perhaps I’m confused by a tweet from LE? I thought there was a quote from LE that said he didn’t have anything to do with this? Looking for quote...

I think now the whole world is saying "what does a friend look like?" That's the heart of the terror here.
I agree. Seems SC had few when he needed them most.
Hopefully he will one day be able to move forward from this and provide his kids with a wonderful life. Who knows, maybe he’ll move back to LA, live near Heidi’s family. Moo

The investigation is still clearly ongoing and until LE makes further public statements about POI/Suspects and "People Being Cleared", I'm not sure much has changed (other than arrest of MF) since LE made the original statement about anything and everything being on the table.
SBM to address the first part of your post.
Tony Plohetski
@tplohetski

NEW: Authorities say they DO NOT think Shane Carey was involved in plot.

Where does TX (and Austin’s county) stand in general on televised trials? Also on release of documents like arrest warrant detail and search warrant detail pre-trial? And do they do a discovery document dump after trial like CO?
Texas allows cameras *sometimes.*. All parties and the trial judge must agree to it and the cameras must not be a distraction. Cameras in the Court Guide (Texas-Wyoming)

If Tammy B. ever speaks to this, it will be most interesting to learn if she thought MF to be a bit “odd”. She’d know her on a different level than Heidi & see her infrequently. I’m sure she’s thinking back to MF’s visits and convos she during her stay with Heidi & SC.
Moo

I've wondered about any red flags associated with MF's behavior. HB may have overlooked some of MF's behavior, the way one does when they care about a good friend.

JMVHO.

Right. Tammy might have picked up on things that Heidi overlooked.

I've known a lot of people who had a lot of babies and never have I ever heard of a friend driving four hours round trip for prenatal appointments and being in the room for the birth. Not a single one. I could see if the new mom had no family nearby, etc. or no SO.

This is what I was thinking. MF pretending to be in labor, asking HB to drive, MF in the backseat, then MF tells her to pull over, that they're not going to make it to the hospital, and the minute she does MF pulls out a rope (or whatever she used).

I can't imagine HB coming out to the car without the baby carrier if she knew that MF was in labor and they were going to the hospital.

I think MF likely phoned or texted HB from the apartment car park and asked her to come down to the car. I think it was intended to be something as quick as BF handing MF some money that she even left the apartment door open, and went out with nothing but the baby and her phone in her pocket. Somehow MF obviously got HB to get inside the vehicle with her.

MOO

Last edited:
Right. Tammy might have picked up on things that Heidi overlooked.
Surely Heidi was concerned about MF being overdue? Moo

I agree that Tammy might have picked up things that Heidi wouldn't, but then again, when they did see MF, the focus was on Heidi and Margo, so maybe not?

As for MF's appearance and not looking pregnant... everyone is different, first pregnancies can be different then 2nds, 3rds, etc. Nothing worse than seeing someone that "looks" pregnant and asking when they are due and finding out they are not pregnant!!!!

Being overdue... that isn't uncommon either, when I was having my kids, it wasn't until a week or 2 overdue that they became concerned.

JMO

I think it’s entirely possible that she did this alone. It would have been difficult, and it’s made slightly less probable by the murder method (ligature strangulation), but it’s doable.
How about this question @MassGuy - if there was an accomplice, how much longer do you think it will be until an arrest?? This isn’t a no body case, like Kelsey Berreth, so no need for plea deals I’m assuming...

I guess I’m at the point where I wouldn’t be surprised if there was an accomplice, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t, either.

It is jarring to be reminded that human nature can be so awesomely wondrous and so amazingly heinous. :(
When he was on the phone with her for 45 minutes, was it because by that time, she was considered suspicious and to keep her talking as long as possible could provide more information or at least some insight? I'm curious to know when she became an interest to LE and what was it that tipped it? It's easy now, to look back and tally things up, but at what time did someone say "something doesn't smell right about that one". We've read about the guilty people who insert themselves into an investigation. I realize she was considered her best friend, but with what little we found out about her, surely LE knew much more during the investigation.

I just can't get over 45 minutes unless it was to keep her blabbing in the hopes she'd let something slip.
I think her wanting to talk to Tim endlessly about HB and the case is consistent w/a guilty party. But I also know when SW went missing and after CW was arrested, some people just couldn’t seem to talk about anything else, and they’d talk to anybody who listened.

IMO some did it for attention and some because maybe they didn’t know what else to talk about. However, there were just as many who would talk excessively about the case because they were trying to process the whole thing in their minds. Especially when there were more questions than answers. While I was very selective about who I spoke with, I’m certain I droned on more than once.

Tim Miller has spoken w/hundreds of friends of the missing over the years and while I’m sure a 45 min conversation isn’t the norm, I bet this wasn’t the first time he ran into a chatterbox. He seems both wise and kind, and I completely understand why he’d assume her loquaciousness meant no more than a concerned friend who also happened to be housebound w/a new baby—grateful to have adult conversation and the opportunity to vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500