TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Miller mentioned that MF even helped Heidi out at home after Margo’s birth. Maybe MF intentionally left something behind during her stay, so that she would have a convenient excuse to return for it at a later date.

Absolutely. Another thing is if you've been bff's for more than 20 years then it's likely that MF would be like a daughter to Mom (Tammy), and probably a welcome sight. (Mom was said to have been helping at home too until Weds or the day before HB went missing).

I think it's very different if you're pregnant, in a stable relationship, and one where your primary relationship is with your partner/husband. If you don't have or have never had that then I think it's very much possible for your sister or bff to come before the baby daddy.

As there have been reports that the couple were living apart when HB got pregnant, I'm not convinced that there was enough harmony in the house to move MF down a peg. While I've no idea if HB had any sibling, I do know that if you're still in daily contact with a girlfriend you met at age 9, it's a near guarantee she's closer than a sister. It's this very thought of MF capable of the evilest betrayal of HB that shatters me. She took her away from her children. She ended her life.

(I just remembered that we do know HB's mom lives out-of-state).

MOO

HB's mother said she is their only child.

I believe Det Herries corroborated Arizpe statement at the presser. I linked this presser passage earlier -- (excellent presser transcription by a member).

In law enforcement terms, a "welfare check" means to go to an area to check on the safety or well-being of a person. Officers will then report back with their findings. In this case, I think Arizpe told CPS what they observed and CPS requested the infant be transported to the hospital for a medical evaluation.

Also - the Cy-Fair VFD serves a specific portion of Harris County-- probably out of necessity and where they probably pick up the slack for things not typical in other jurisdictions. Their website cites they are one of the largest VFD/EMS in the country.

MOO
Thanks, I found the quote you linked to:
As the week progressed, this current week, a lead was generated that created a location of interest in the Houston area, in Harris County. Federal, state, and local resources deployed to that area of Harris County and began to investigate a resident there.

I take that to mean a lead/tip led them to that house/MF. Will be interesting to see if anything more comes out -- if the tip came from surveillance cameras, the car, or someone calling in report suspicions or odd behavior of MF.

I don't see anything in MSM or from LE about a relative or specific person reporting abuse to CPS.

The photo, with G the landlord, I wonder if he even knew about that photo being used, and even the registry.
It appears that he was manipulated, but I have a hard time believing that they were not together and she was just living there, but never payed rent. Like, ever. And then he bails her out... yeah, I don't know. They were dating or they were the best of friends.

Good question! I just assumed that it was created on 12/01. MF said her due date was 12/01, correct?

If so, my bad.

ETA: Changed the verbiage to read "due date".
The due date for the fake baby was December 1st.

I think MF had a baby seat and diaper bag for fake baby, and maybe convinced HB she didn't need anything else and there wasn't time to mess with her carrier and seat base. She was breastfeeding, so no need for bottles and formula. When mine were babies, I'd often just tuck a couple of diapers and a travel size wipes in my purse. I hated carrying diaper bags. (To tell the truth, I had a fishing vest, the kind with a bazillion pockets, and I would tuck away only what I absolutely needed, so I didn't even need a purse and had my hands completely free for the littles.)

I could see MF drugging her, as well, if they were just sitting in the car to visit and have a cup of coffee. I don't know how else she could have controlled or restrained her after she got in the car. I'm not convinced she used a weapon, with their long friendship I don't think HB would have believed she was really in danger unless MF actually hurt her or the baby. And I don't think that happened until they were away from the apartment complex.

All speculation... Hopefully, MF will confess and we'll learn exactly how it happened.
The kicker for me is the open front door and the dog on the deck. That's what tells me that HB did not intend on leaving the car park.

Thanks, I found the quote you linked to:
As the week progressed, this current week, a lead was generated that created a location of interest in the Houston area, in Harris County. Federal, state, and local resources deployed to that area of Harris County and began to investigate a resident there.

I take that to mean a lead/tip led them to that house/MF. Will be interesting to see if anything more comes out -- if the tip came from surveillance cameras, the car, or someone calling in report suspicions or odd behavior of MF.

I don't see anything in MSM or from LE about a relative or specific person reporting abuse to CPS.

I’m still searching for the article but I know for certain I read about a relative calling CPS, and in more than one news source. That being said we know how often MSM mid-reports and later changes or deletes things. This was being reported Thursday night/Friday am. We may just have to wait until we hear more for confirmation.

It appears that he was manipulated, but I have a hard time believing that they were not together and she was just living there, but never payed rent. Like, ever. And then he bails her out... yeah, I don't know. They were dating or they were the best of friends.
snipped by me.

Yeah, could be a "tenants with benefits" situation, or they were good friends....dunno.
But if she was still there, I'd worry about a boiled bunny on the horizon.

The quote from TM’s interview about MF saying that their conversation that morning about HB having trouble breastfeeding really stands out, could be nothing, shoot I’m scared to infer anything out of any statement anymore but kwim..

I’m sure you guys have already discussed the breastfeeding thing at length..

My point is I just had a question and it’s bugging me to death...there was an old movie about a woman who breastfeeds a baby she kidnapped. Was that Rebecca Dermornay in “Hand That Rocks The Cradle”, or am I thinking of another movie?
It was that one. But she didn't kidnap the baby. She became a nanny to him. Mom wondered why her baby was not feeding from her own breast. Turned out the nanny was breast feeding him at night.

Nothing is too far-fetched here, IMO. And those dolls look soooo real. Easy then for MF to exchange fake baby for real baby for the long ride. Getting to see a "great" friend's baby for the first time is absolutely a reason I'd carry my baby down to meet a friend in a car. She could have said she was in the area for x,y,z... baby was asleep, don't want to disturb her, oh, and I have something for you in my trunk that I shouldn't lift...it's all so awful to imagine.
Hopefully whatever happened is on camera!

I dunno, but if I was faking a pregnancy an OBGYNs office is the last place I’d want to be.
But probably good research for her. If she hasn’t been pregnant before (or at least, hasn’t carried to term), she wouldn’t know details of what those later ob visits are like. Details people might ask questions about.

Even with the planning do you go from NEVER having committed a violent crime to expertly incapacitating your best friend, kidnapping her and a child, strangling her and leaving her in your trunk? Even Israel Keyes didn’t start out with what he considered a successful first attack. It really makes me wonder about an accomplice. If not, it’s hard for me to get my mind around your first violent crime being so heinous and involved, regardless of the planning.

I think this is different because it’s so unique. A serial killer tends to evolve, but a person who desperately wants a baby has nothing to really evolve from.

This wasn’t done for gratification, where the high needs to increase. This was done with a very specific purpose.

Heidi's and Margo's case made MSNBC's national news tonight. TB (HB's Mom) gave a statement.

Suspect in case of missing mom Heidi Broussard found dead acted 'concerned', friends say

Regarding hating Heidi - MF certainly did. So, so sad.
ITA. The one fr
This is what I think too. And then CPS called the medics to do a standard physical examination/transport to hospital to officially confirm baby was in good physical health/condition.

But if you click on either of those NBC links, I don't actually see those quotes from Arizpe? Is it possible they have since been removed?

Also, reporter Jessica Willey's tweet in the KIRO article link above said MEDICS responded to the house for the child after a call from CPS requested an EVALUATION. Which I take to mean as that once CPS was on the scene as a child was there and called for medics to follow standard protocol and transport to hospital to make sure the child was in good physical condition and examined.

So I don't think CPS actually was the one to initiate an investigative or welfare check. I think CPS called CY-Fair VFD for to check the child out medically.

Jessica Willey:
BUT Cy-Fair VFD confirms Medic 10 responded to the house this afternoon for a 1-month-old female. Call came from CPS, who requested an evaluation. She had no obvious injuries but went to hospital for evaluation.

(It's all a bit confusing which is why I think we are going in circles a bit! We need a Sam Kraemer to ask and set it straight!)
I also think investigators got CPS involved. So as to keep things from getting too insane. Because if they knocked on the door saying FBI open up there's no telling what MF would do. They knew she got in a vehicle with someone willingly. Who was the one person who wasn't on SM crying for help to find her Best bestie,her Baby Bump Buddy? Who Wasn't in constant contact with LEO? Who only acted behind the scenes,fishing and had to be contacted by LEO,and Tim from Equisearch?
They knew they were dealing with a powder keg,and didn't want Heidi,and Baby Margo to get hurt. So they get CPS,and Fire Dept involved,as Who doesn't love,and trust Firefighters,paramedics?
MOO

I don't think this had anything at all to do with hating Heidi. MF is an empty vessel. Period. She wanted a baby, obsessed with having a baby, possibly to keep her faltering relationship from ending altogether. This guy was her "bread & butter" so to speak. I'm leaning towards her having help from someone else. Appears two cars involved and who knows, burner phones too? There may even be a hint in Tim Miller's conversation with her. Sure she was trying to cast a shadow in someone else's direction (she knew personal details that were unflattering as did others), but something she said did ring true and it has been alluded to elsewhere, not just by her. The common thread, paternity. Not casting shadow on anyone in particular here as I do not know the players personally to know who was in contact with whom and how well did they all know each other. The case is already bizarre, just adding a possible "twist."

I can't help but wonder if this was a scheme that went HORRIBLY sideways and that it was never intended that Heidi die.

This is speculation only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member