TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree... I can only speak to my experience, coming from a near perfect type situation (at the time), learning to care for a new born was so difficult. Not sure what I would have done without family and friend support. My very best wishes to him.
Hopefully, a lot of friends have come forward that they knew and loved Heidi. So many of them are at her vigil tonight. Surely some of them can step up and help Shane out and still show Heidi, in heaven, that she is loved by helping in taking care of her precious daughter. JMO

The reporting in this case is bizarre

Austin Police can't confirm they have Heidi's killer - 2 hours ago

Melissa Correa on Twitter

Maybe it just means they’re not confirming anything atm as it’s an ongoing investigation. Maybe it means they’re investigating the possibility of an accomplice.

I’m so happy to hear that Margo is going home with her family tonight. But I’m so sad that SC and his kids have such a long road ahead of them.

I hope all the internet trolls that were so abusive to him online feel guilty and donate.

Yes, that would be nice! The fundraiser was created by TC and gained very little traction before Heidi and Margo were found. They were hoping to raise reward money and it only raised a few hundred. After the arrest of MF, it gained traction

How old do babies have to be to attend daycare? He might just not go back to work for a little while, and I don't blame him. Someone just killed his fiancé and snatched his baby, he will probably have a really hard time trusting anyone with Margo's care.

He prob won’t want his kids out of his sight. He has a lot to get straight in his life, for sure. Not to mention his “friend” list must be a lot shorter since Heidi went missing.
Moo

I may be alone in this but I will be surprised if someone else helped her in this. I know there have been plenty of duo criminals but not seeing it as yet here. May be proved wrong very soon.

I also feel like she did this alone. She appeared to be reclusive except for visits to Heidi. Just my opinion.

Maybe it just means they’re not confirming anything atm as it’s an ongoing investigation. Maybe it means they’re investigating the possibility of an accomplice.

I’m so happy to hear that Margo is going home with her family tonight. But I’m so sad that SC and his kids have such a long road ahead of them.

I’m more inclined to believe that reporter is just wrong and has outdated information. She was still reporting CPS would take no action on Margo’s case until Friday at the same time others had already reported Margo was home. She refused to update the info - though pushed - until almost an hour later and still never admitted it was wrong.

He prob won’t want his kids out of his sight. He has a lot to get straight in his life, for sure. Not to mention his “friend” list must be a lot shorter since Heidi went missing.
Moo

Exactly.

And not to mention ... how could one ever trust a “friend” again after what MF did, this is so awful. This was Heidi’s best friend. Look what she did. I can’t fathom it.

The reason I wonder about merger is because Texas doesn’t have normal degrees of murder, like we have here (I don’t practice in Texas, either!) They have murder and then under 19.03 they have “capital murder” which occurs if “The defendant intentionally commits the murder in the course of committing or attempting to commit kidnapping, burglary, robbery, aggravated sexual assault, arson, obstruction or retaliation, or terroristic threat;”

So would the kidnapping then be subsumed into the capital murder? Or you’re saying you believe it remains a separate charge?

If their capital murder is what our felony murder is, then their capital murder would encompass the kidnapping too. If they charged it as just murder and kidnapping separately, they can get both, but that’s if they have them as separate options. Idk if Texas operates the way we do in that sense.

Here's a purely hypothetical example of a family going through State's CPS process:

Assuming an unmarried couple and mom who was deemed the primary custodian of the children is deceased, and minor children placed in care of CPS pending relationship confirmation.

The bio-dad-- with children from a prior relationship-- previously had contact with CPS.

The bio-dad has criminal record.

The bio-dad did not pass background test to coach child's baseball team.

Circumstances above would automatically prevent placement of the minor child with parent according to State procedure. It's not so unusual and why so many grandparents are deemed best temporary guardians until the court determines permanent placement. Many bio-parents eventually awarded custody after submitting a parenting plan for their unexpected circumstances including moving in with their parents/child grandparents.
Is that true even if bio-Dad and Mom were living together and raising the child together? But if they had made it official w/a marriage certificate bio-dad would automatically be able to keep the child?

I’m glad they are making sure Margo will be in a safe home, but that does seem a little screwed up to me.

It started on some guy's Youtube channel. He was emailed by the guy suggesting he could be Margo's father and it took off from there. He even accused Shane of murder. Total soap opera and a rotten thing to do to Heidi's family.
I thought someone here said he was a “friend of the family.” Some friend!

Jessica Willey‏Verified account @ImJessicaWilley

BREAKING: The baby girl found at the home on Bo Jack last week is being reunited with family tonight, per CPS. The state is no longer seeking temporary custody of her. Her father is picking up Margot tonight, says a relative. https://abc13.com/mother-of-murdered-austin-mom-on-suspect-i-was-uneasy-with-her/5780872/ … #abc13

3:44 PM - 23 Dec 2019

ETA: IMO, I believe SC had to agree to some specific conditions for the state to reverse their position and cancel Friday's hearing -- and I think his dad played a big part here.

Last edited:
_M83_yAP_normal.jpeg

Grace White
@GraceWhiteKHOU
· 31m
BREAKING: 3-week-old baby found in home on Bo Jack last week will be reunited with family tonight. CPS is no longer seeking temporary custody of her. #KHOU11

If their capital murder is what our felony murder is, then their capital murder would encompass the kidnapping too. If they charged it as just murder and kidnapping separately, they can get both, but that’s if they have them as separate options. Idk if Texas operates the way we do in that sense.

Yeah, I’m not sure either. I think a lot of whether it merges will depend on facts they haven’t released yet. Either way, it will be interesting from a legal perspective and from a fellow mom perspective, I just hope she never sees daylight again. Heidi was a beautiful mom, with a beautiful life and babies. She deserves justice.

Last edited:
The 3-week-old baby who was found inside a home in northwest Harris County last week is being reunited with family Monday night, according to CPS.
CPS said the state is no longer seeking temporary custody of baby Margot Carey. The baby is believed to be the daughter of Heidi Broussard, who was found dead inside of a trunk while the child was found alive inside of the home.
Baby of Austin mom found dead to reunite with family: CPS

It started on some guy's Youtube channel. He was emailed by the guy suggesting he could be Margo's father and it took off from there. He even accused Shane of murder. Total soap opera and a rotten thing to do to Heidi's family.

Yeah that’s where this guy lost credibility with me. He didn’t contact the police as he should have done, he wrote an email to a YouTuber. WTH.

Baby Margot to be reunited with father Monday night after mother found dead

Child Protective Services took custody of the baby found at the home on Bo Jack Drive while officials worked to determine her identity. CPS told KPRC 2′s sister station in Austin that the agency will no longer be seeking temporary custody.

“The 3-week old who was found at the home on Bo Jack last week is being reunited with family tonight,” an official with the agency said in a statement.

Earlier Monday evening, the Austin community held a prayer vigil for Broussard, Margot and their families and friends.

Meanwhile, Broussard’s friend, 33-year-old Magen Fieramusca is in Travis County Jail after police believe she faked a pregnancy, killed Broussard and kidnapped her newborn daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname