TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the back of the car? I remember him saying the front because they recognized something she was wearing. I need my ears cleaned out.
I'm nearly sure he said in the back seat. The girl interviewing suggested she was in the front (after he'd said that) and that a third person was in back and strangled Heidi. It was a tad confusing with Mike saying what Shane said and her postulating a possibility with Heidi up front. Oh, and it was she that spoke of Heidi's purple shirt and how that would stand out (though I disagree).

And those accusations and others' gossip were then picked up by other websites and printed for all to see and repeated as though they were facts. Disgusting and irresponsible of everyone involved. It becomes circular in that people can claim they heard it/saw it/read it on several different sources.
Forgive me, but it has been reported by MSM that someone has claimed they MAY be the father. However, distasteful that may be, it is a fact that someone is contesting the baby's lineage. As well, TC stated at the vigil that the DNA results are not complete, but it has been determined that MC is Heidi's daughter.

Thanks for the link Knox - but unfortunately it won't let me access it. I have a few like that - and have other people helping with court dates on other cases I follow here.

Can I put down your name on my notes - to check with you??!! :D TIA!
pondering-smiley-emoticon.gif
signboard-ok-smiley-emoticon.gif

And those accusations and others' gossip were then picked up by other websites and printed for all to see and repeated as though they were facts. Disgusting and irresponsible of everyone involved. It becomes circular in that people can claim they heard it/saw it/read it on several different sources.

ITA and it even made into MSM. I guess I shouldn't say "even" since MSM seems willing to print anything.

Hey Everyone,
CLICK HERE to listen to my podcast with Crimeonline's Leigh Egan and from the Cold Case Investigative Research Institute Sheryl McCollum

Leigh Egan's reporting is always top-notch and she always gets the best info on the cases we discuss on Websleuths. In addition, Leigh always has stories uploaded quicker than anyone else.

Sheryl McCollum is a dear friend of ours who has the credentials to back up what she says about a crime scene or anything crime-related.

Both of these incredible women have very interesting things to say about this horrible murder.

Big thanks to both Leigh and Sheryl for taking time out of the busy schedules to appear on Weblseuths Radio Podcast.

You know what, Seattle?

I have NEVER EVER, EVER seen the internet so wound , so unbalanced, so at war with itself and eachother, complete raving lunatics stoned podcasting the weirdest rumors and theories, as facts.

The stories are off the Richter scale crazy and insane.

I come to Websleuths for comfort and to straighten my mind after the turmoil of theories..

It is like a really angry storm and I never remember it being so savagely bad, not even in the wake of major terrorist attacks.

The energy is far more vicious , if I analyse it energetically ,from my own psyche.. it resembles a cutting biting snapping energy and I'm beginning to wonder whether it in some way mimics the nature of the crime that was conducted, the details of which are unavailable to us right now..

We have no idea what we're really dealing with and speculation is rife, vicious and sadistic.

The rules on this forum are for our protection too.
It makes us much better at what we do.
And it keeps us within sane margins
We are protected against ourselves and we are not permitted to hurt others.

Sorry for the lengthy post.
It's just the way it emerged, unplanned.
And Massive thanks to you @Tricia .
It wouldn't have happened without you.
Well, well, done!
Agree -- good to see you here @kittythehare... :)

But the underlying felony was rape - one of the special circumstances.
I spent 2 yrs on the case and this is accurate, for a change
On June 30, the FBI arrested Christensen and charged him with kidnapping under Title 18 U.S.C. Chapter 55, § 1201 of federal law.[10][29] According to the law, if a kidnapping results in the death of any person, life imprisonment or the death penalty is prescribed.[29][10][30] The FBI report noted that in April, before the alleged kidnapping, Christensen used his cellphone to access the sexual fetish website Fetlife, visiting forums such as "Abduction 101".[1][31] Christensen had no prior criminal record and no record of disciplinary problems at the university.[1][27]
Kidnapping and murder of Yingying Zhang - Wikipedia
people took the time to update it accurately. It's a fascinating case legally but in the end, nobody got what they needed. Deeply frustrating and left holes in many of us.
See Superseding Indictments

Last edited:
I clicked the link, thank you! I just watched his Dad, and I'm in tears. Anyone that still has doubts about Shane should listen to it, his Dad said he has been so strong, and he told them everything, told everyone to tell them everything, he didn't care, he knew it was the only way to find Heidi and Margo because he didn't do it. His Dad seemed to understand what usually happens in these cases and had lawyers ready but Shane didn't want them.

It seems like he wasn't sure about the DNA and they were told that Margo coming home didn't depend on it. Legally, I wonder if this is because of something he had signed previously or whatever. I really don't care, that little baby is home where she belongs and is a little light in a very dark time for that family IMO

Can anyone direct me to the new photo's of her please :) I will watch my inbox! ;)

I wonder if dad/granddad is confusing DNA with paternity. If they've confirmed baby margo is no other child than HB's daughter that was by DNA. Can't imagine the trauma of this entire family and the children involved. Strength, peace, and comfort to this family.

DEC 23, 2019
'She put a smile on everyone's face' | Vigil held Monday evening in memory of Heidi Broussard
[…]

"[Shane] didn't get her right away, but we went and did what you have to do once the CPS gets involved. We interviewed and everything's fine. She's coming home tonight, and you know, that's the best thing that could ever happen," Carey said.

Carey said Shane cried when he found out the news he would see his 4-week-old daughter soon.

"It's just beyond comprehension to watch your son. You know he didn't do a doggone thing, and you know how much he loved her, and it's just unbelievable," he said.

[…]

Among the crowd of supporters at the vigil were some of Heidi's coworkers from Cracker Barrel in Buda, including MC and RW.

"She put a smile on everyone's face. As soon as she walked in the room, she just lit up everyone's face," MC said.

"The hardest thing for me was feeling all of the emotion of [Heidi's] son. I was there when they told him," RW added. "Everybody's been asking me how I am, and I just tell them not OK. I just get up and go every single day."

[…]

Hey Everyone,
CLICK HERE to listen to my podcast with Crimeonline's Leigh Egan and from the Cold Case Investigative Research Institute Sheryl McCollum

Leigh Egan's reporting is always top-notch and she always gets the best info on the cases we discuss on Websleuths. In addition, Leigh always has stories uploaded quicker than anyone else.

Sheryl McCollum is a dear friend of ours who has the credentials to back up what she says about a crime scene or anything crime-related.

Both of these incredible women have very interesting things to say about this horrible murder.

Big thanks to both Leigh and Sheryl for taking time out of the busy schedules to appear on Weblseuths Radio Podcast.
Just listening now!!! :)

Not your bad and don't worry about it.

Caution: Don't go there because the site is a friend of WS.
I wonder if part of the confusion on a second arrest was that first night they also took Chris Green into custody however they released him after finding he supposedly did not know and was not involved in the abduction or killing.

Kidnapping is usually federal.
Case of Brendt Christensen, murdered Ying Ying Zhang, Illinois.. Federal DP case. a car and a mobile phone were used to invoke interstate commerce and That was all the rationale they needed.
A murder committed in the act of a kidnapping/as a result of a kidnapping/

That sounds right. In the case of Lisa Montgomery who killed a mother and cut the baby out of her womb, it was a federal crime. She did not cross state lines.

Trial

Montgomery's criminal offense, established under the Federal Kidnapping Act, intended to make it easier for federal authorities to respond to kidnappings once they cross state lines. She was tried and convicted for "kidnapping resulting in death," in Title 18, United States Code 1201. U.S. attorney Todd Graves stated that federal jurisdiction is established when a person dies as a result of a kidnapping. Violations of Title 18, USC 1201 may result in capital punishment and/or any sentence up to life imprisonment.
Lisa Montgomery | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member