Help us find "The Human Fly". This is Websleuths' chance to show law enforcement what we can do!!!

I’m thinking we need Websleuths boots on the ground in Calgary
———————————————

We exchanged business cards and agreed to a formal interview and to photograph him the following week. I looked at the business card and I recall Rajotte saying that it surprises many to know that a panhandler has a business card.

The Calgary Drop-In Centre provides business cards to their clients so they can have identification and phone number for future job opportunities.

I am completely in awe of what you have all been able to discover!

I am the TV producer who reached out to Trica to share the information we have so far to see if we could find The Fly. Thank you so much for what you are doing it is so impressive.

Clay Lacy - I did try to get in touch but David Levine (the promoter) said he wouldn't know anything, he was just the pilot that day. We will contact Clay for an interview for the film, but not a lead in terms of finding him.

SusanHarman May 17, 2022 at 7:28 pm - I hadn't seen this comment, so interesting. She is not one of the names I have for possible wives but I am not certain my list is correct. Although I am pretty sure Gina was his wife, as she was the connection to the Roma brothers.
I wonder if Susan has any info which could help find him. I will post a comment on the article asking her to contact me but might you have any ways to reach out to her in case she does not follow this comments section?

Panhandler in Calgary - I have reached out to homeless shelters but no joy. Plus they have strong data protection so they can't really tell me anything. I feel many people in Calgary will know him, but not sure how to investigate this further.

Please do let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the search, I am fully aware I don't have the skill you guys have but happy to do anything you recommend.

Thank you again!

rbbm
November 8, 2018 Phil Latter
"In the summertime of 1977 or so, there was a weekly edition of People magazine, that had a centerfold of Farrah Fawcett inside, leaving little to the imagination, her being nude, except for a white towel barely covering her, ah, ‘naughty bits’, leaving her left side bare''

''But, my real point is, that also inside the same issue of PEOPLE, was a black and white photo of the unmasked Human Fly, revealing a young, good-looking young man with blond hair and a beard. Unfortunately, I was unable to locate the issue, or I would have included the photo of him in civilian clothes, with this article. Does that particular issue of PEOPLE magazine sound familiar to anyone? In the photo, another man was lifting The Human Fly in his arms, off of the ground, atop The Empire State Building, (if memory serves), to prove that The Human Fly wasn’t so ‘Super’, after all, while The Human Fly in civilian guise, grinned! This was before The Fly’s civilian identity was ever published.''

rbbm
November 8, 2018 Phil Latter
"In the summertime of 1977 or so, there was a weekly edition of People magazine, that had a centerfold of Farrah Fawcett inside, leaving little to the imagination, her being nude, except for a white towel barely covering her, ah, ‘naughty bits’, leaving her left side bare''

''But, my real point is, that also inside the same issue of PEOPLE, was a black and white photo of the unmasked Human Fly, revealing a young, good-looking young man with blond hair and a beard. Unfortunately, I was unable to locate the issue, or I would have included the photo of him in civilian clothes, with this article. Does that particular issue of PEOPLE magazine sound familiar to anyone? In the photo, another man was lifting The Human Fly in his arms, off of the ground, atop The Empire State Building, (if memory serves), to prove that The Human Fly wasn’t so ‘Super’, after all, while The Human Fly in civilian guise, grinned! This was before The Fly’s civilian identity was ever published.''
The 25 Most Intriguing People of 1976

Dec 27-Jan 3, 1977 People Magazine

I read 70's Canadian and daredevil and really thought we were talking about Ken Carter. Weirdly fascinating story out of my town who tried to jump from Canada to the US over the river in a rocket powered car. and kept "trying" for years.

@LucyAstro I would start with the Calgary subreddit on Reddit, it's an active community and I'm sure someone there might know something, perhaps even seen him. I'm a little too far to go looking, Calgary is about an 8 hour drive for me lol.

• Height: 6’ 2” Weight: 250 lbs (due to steel skeleton).
While very public about his story and “origin”, he is EXTREMELY secretive of his identity (unknown to even the reader). He was only out of costume in his series’ 19 issue run once. His close friends Ted, Blaze and Arnie are in on his Secret ID though.

Quotes​

“I’m a stunt-man, not a crime-fighter !”

Fly: “Of course, they plan to kill me.”
Arnie: “What?! You know that, and you’re going to perform anyway ?!”
Fly: “YES !!”

“I *will* move again! If my mind is whole then my body can be made to respond !”

His loyal aid Locke…

Rojatt plans three more spectacular stunts. Next May he wants to jump 22 miles in a special sky cycle across the English Channel from France to England. Then he will plunge 1,800 feet off Toronto's CN Tower into a 20-foot-square tank of water. Finally, he hopes to catapult 29,028 feet over Mount Everest in a sky cycle. (But why? His manager replies: "The motive is to make money.")

"Frankly, I'm not worried about death," says the Fly. "I don't have a death wish. I have a life wish."

Last edited:
This May of 2022 comment was left at the end of the article posted by MadMcGoo above, sorry the link didn't come through - don't know the accuracy, but definitely worth sharing the comments - maybe another contact it would seem to me.

<modsnip: Screenshots of 'comments' on articles are not allowed>
Thank you for the correction.

Directing your attention to the 2nd and 3rd comments at the end of the article - worthy of posting/read and potential contact for documentarians in collecting photos and/or other info - comments made by person identifying themself as 1970s wife.

I’m having so many flashbacks. My first baby was born in February 1977 so I was so big I could hardly walk when this came out. It’s gonna take me awhile to go through these pages. Anyone wanna help?
*eta: y’all take it from here. I’ve got to get out here and water my garden before it gets too hot.

Last edited:
I’m having so many flashbacks. My first baby was born in February 1977 so I was so big I could hardly walk when this came out. It’s gonna take me awhile to go through these pages. Anyone wanna help?
*eta: y’all take it from here. I’ve got to get out here and water my garden before it gets too hot.
Nothing after P. 76 is archived. I started at the bottom!

Could this be him going by the name of Joe?- singing, scroll down about 1/4, you tube blocks video it if not viewed through the site.
1685722078269.png

Last edited:
This might be him singing, scroll down about 1/4, you tube blocks video it if not viewed through the site.
View attachment 426151
Joe?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa