PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

Help with the Websleuths Frequently Asked Questions List

Discussion in 'Welcome To Websleuths' started by Tricia, Sep 4, 2018.

1. matou

matou #los2188

Thanks for all of that. It is not a compliment. Trust me. Lol. It does sound better than 'stay off the internet' though.

2. Eevee Pie

Eevee Pie Well-Known Member

I have come across each of these terms on WS and I’m confused as to what each means and how they are different from other terms?

New Posts, Recent Posts, New Threads, Recent Threads, Latest Replies, History, Watched Threads, Watched Forums, Forums, Your News Feed, Recent Activity, New Profile Posts, Alerts, Inbox, Likes You’ve Received, Your Content, Conversations, Messages, Postings

Ally Sylum and flute4peace like this.
  3. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

FWIW, I'm sorry if someone is bothering you Matou. I have been cyberstalked before and that is why I don't participate in social media and carefully control who can talk to me on websites like this one. I never use the same username on different websites and try not to give out identifying personal info on forums. The alternative IS to just stay off line and never post. If you feel like someone is "following" you here for malicious purposes AND they are doing other things too, I hope you have made someone aware of the particular poster you are concerned about and what they are doing/saying to you-- both the mods here and someone in your real life should be informed if you feel you are being stalked. JMO.

4. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator

Again, thanks everyone for your help. Keep your thoughts and FAQ suggestions coming. I'm working on our FAQ's on my end but I can't do it without you.

Tricia

Gardener1850 and byo like this.
  5. Tricia

If someone wants to follow you then they can. The "Following" option can't be used to cyberbully or harass anyone. It can't be used in this manner because nothing happens when someone follows you other than they read your public posts which they can read anyway.

If someone harasses you when you are on Facebook or other places you cannot bring that drama to Websleuths. This is one of the few things that really upset me about running a discussion forum. Please do not think Websleuths will step in and fix your issues with someone else on another part of the Internet. We are here to discuss true crime. Not people who have wars with each other on other parts of the Internet.

If it is bad enough please contact the authorities.

Simply put Websleuths cannot protect you from the drama that happens to you on other sites.

Now, if someone is bothering you on Websleuths, someone is using Websleuths to harass you, well that is a whole other story. We will not hesitate to step in and help if someone is sending you messages or is trying to be cryptic in their postings to you. Websleuths management will not tolerate anyone harassing a member on our site. You want to see me go from nice to growing fangs in my mouth and hair on my hands furious within a second show me someone who using Websleuths to actually harass you.

Choosing to "follow" a poster is not harassment. You can put that person on "ignore" and forget about them. Because someone you don't like belongs to Websleuths and you belong to Websleuths too doesn't mean you are being harassed on Websleuths. Again, what happens off of Websleuths is something we simply cannot control.

Let's please get back to discussing our FAQ. That is the topic here. Websleuths and our FAQ list.

Thank you,
    Tricia

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    misgrn, Jax49, IowaMom4 and 5 others like this.
  6. flourish

flourish Now With 30% More Emo

QUESTION: How do I link to a specific post?

ANSWER: To link to a specific post, click the post number and a little window will pop up with the url to copy. In order for me to see post numbers on my phone, I have to flip my phone into "landscape" mode (sideways).

wary, bluesneakers, iulia and 3 others like this.
  7. WildWest

WildWest Well-Known Member

How do I "ignore" a member whose profile is set as private?

8. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

How do I get that pop up window? I don't see any pop up window other than one that says =profile posts/Recent activity/Postings/Information

None of those take me to 'CONTACT DETAILS' ---- i need to turn off the email notifications. my email is flooded because i am in a crowded conversation and the notifications are piling up

WildWest likes this.
  9. WildWest

WildWest Well-Known Member

I am using a PC, not a phone if that makes a difference. On the top right of any page on a thread I have a "watch thread" or "unwatch thread".
    Also, it may default here that if you reply to thread it automatically sets you to "watch thread".

Attached Files:

bluesneakers and flourish like this.
  10. flourish

Thank you, Katy. @Tricia let's remember to differentiate between phone and desktop directions when the real FAQ is made, k? I didn't realize as i only have a phone. Again, thank you, @katydid23!

Spellbound and bluesneakers like this.
  11. flourish

Thank you, Katy. @Tricia let's remember to differentiate between phone and desktop directions when the real FAQ is made, k? I didn't realize as i only have a phone. Again, thank you, @katydid23!

bluesneakers and WildWest like this.
  12. katydid23

Oh, ok, thanks. I am on a lap top and I don't get a pop up window.

in our old system, I used to go to settings, which was in the top right corner.

WildWest and flourish like this.
  13. katydid23

but I don't think it matters if it is a watched thread or not? I want to change the email notifications for 'conversations.' I get an email overtime someone posts in a conversation group of 19 people. ugh

somewhere there is 'settings' button. Anyone know where settings specifications are?

WildWest likes this.
  14. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

You go to your Privacy settings, then click on the link outlined below, then deactivate e-mail notification option for conversations.

50B8E0E8-2A00-4F23-B089-BC5CA3151D7D.jpeg 39583826-6527-4866-9603-341A8836F9B4.jpeg

WildWest likes this.
  15. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching and Waiting

Katy, have you tried clicking on your name on the right side of the orange bar near the top of the screen to the left of “inbox” and “alerts”? On my iPad that drops down a box with all sorts of options. Click on “contact details” and you will have the choice to uncheck the box sending you emails for conversation replies. It drove me nuts until I did that. I hope this helps.

WildWest likes this.
  16. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

How do you delete a reply before it is posted?

1. Remove the text in the reply box. The method for doing this will vary depending on your device, but I just highlight the text and hit delete which removes it.

2. Click the icon I've circled in the image and select Delete Draft.

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 10.09.52 AM.png

tellmetrue, beebosox, Al Ka and 4 others like this.
  17. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

I think you have solved biggest dilema on WS - bravo :). Maybe you might post that in the other thread (welcome to WS) too so everyone there can see it too. That was one of the most frequently asked question by everyone - request for delete button. Thank you.

(I do believe this would/will work also when hitting edit button of the post and then do what you described and it will work as delete of total post)

Gardenista likes this.
  18. Gardenista

I believe it was posted in that thread somewhere. Great thought on using the edit button on a completed post. After I post this, I'll do another complete post and try it:)

Al Ka likes this.
  19. Gardenista

Testing completed post.

Nope, no delete draft option available:(

Al Ka likes this.
  20. Tricia

Very good suggestion. I am working on it this week. Hopefully will have it done over the weekend but please keep in mind many times I am interrupted and have to deal with something more pressing. All the dates I give that something will be done are subject to what happens in the meantime.
    Thank you
    Tricia

Gardenista and flourish like this.