GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any speculation if SC Facebook posts that cast a negative light on his character and thoughts of murder will be used in the trial?

Although controversial, I also feel the negative lyrics of Insane Clown Posse could have planted seeds in his young impressionable mind and contributed to his behavior.

For me his Facebook posts were what first tipped the scale towards his guilt.

BTW, congratulations to all those who have put in the long hard work to analyze this complex case. May justice be brought forth soon!

Someone here in the past posted a song by Insane Clown Posse which I believe was on SC Facebook

Does anyone remember the song title or have the link to that post? I believe the song had reference to murder and a lake which led to speculation that SC may have disposed of the body in a lake.

"Fonz Pond" by Insane Clown Posse.

Seven Sacred Pools on the way to Ulupalakua was mentioned in an anonymous comment on one of the articles back in February 2014.

Fonz Pond - by ICP

"Hey I know where we can go. Where? Lets go to Fonz Pond. What? No way dude you know how many kids died there? No way! I should've known you guys would be a bunch of baby p---ies about it. F--k that aint afraid.

You don't even know where its at. Yes I do. Then where is it then?

Off lickety trail theres a pond where many a children died,

Its a place to run to and disappear a place where some folks hide.

Some say there's something in the water them deaths are no mistake.

The fog that rides along the top has been said to carry voices,

Those of the dead who took the dare and jumped in they made bad choices,

Some have seen and others heard that they seen along the bottom,

Are all the bodies of the girls and boys preserved and remaining half-rotten.

... the weeds are red like splattered blood.

Hidden deep in the wild brush,
if you know where it is then hush.

Off likety trail theres a pond where many a children perished.

Missing children swampy depths,
mysteries are secrets kept.

Somethings watching from the water,
it took them missing sons and daughters.
Its over there.

Fight for air,
Something strong is pulling me under pulling me under.
Fight for air,
something strong is pulling me down.

Several children young boys and girls disappear here without a trace.

What you believe and what you don't is entirely up to you.

But if you go up there and swim alone you'll know exactly whats true.

Somethings dragging through the mud,
mosquitos attrackted to the blood.
They say the dark depths have no bottom,
Some never came back up and got 'em.
Crazy kids come party here,"

I'd say 2/3 of those lyrics are applicable to Charli's murder considering the evidence thus far.

BTW I tried to bold certain lyrics, it didn't work. My bad. I'm on the mobile version, I was trying to be savvy.

I was reflecting this morning on Jennifer Taylor's great powers of observation. She described the difference between the Gen 2 and Gen 3 models of Toyota 4Runners like a pro. I couldn't have done that. I don't know one vehicle from the next. I did see a black Toyota 4Runner in the parking lot at work this morning, and I looked closely at it to see if it had rounded or square edges. I still couldn't tell. So I Googled and took a look at the two vehicles and now I can see that the older model is boxier. Anyway, the right person was in the right place at the right time and in exactly the right frame of mind to observe SC that night.

So true. Some people just notice all that stuff. My sons are like that and would even be likely to know the year and model and tell you the differences. My one son can do that with planes and even private jets, one quick exterior shot on TV and he knows the manufacturer, model and the interior configuration. Me, I can't tell the difference between a Ford and a Toyota, but I catch license plates because I notice letter patterns. Jennifer must be a car person.

He testimony was fantastic and the fortuitous way that events combined to place her where she was at that exact moment are certainly against the odds. It's sad that the results led to her fearing for her own safety, but I can see why.

I just wish she could describe his indescribable expression, because I have an image in my head too and want to know if it's similar. Jennifer, did he look like he was getting ready to commit a terrible act, or as if he had just committed one?

Fonz Pond - by ICP

"Hey I know where we can go. Where? Lets go to Fonz Pond. What? No way dude you know how many kids died there? No way! I should've known you guys would be a bunch of baby p---ies about it. F--k that aint afraid.

You don't even know where its at. Yes I do. Then where is it then?

Off lickety trail theres a pond where many a children died,

Its a place to run to and disappear a place where some folks hide.

Some say there's something in the water them deaths are no mistake.

The fog that rides along the top has been said to carry voices,

Those of the dead who took the dare and jumped in they made bad choices,

Some have seen and others heard that they seen along the bottom,

Are all the bodies of the girls and boys preserved and remaining half-rotten.

... the weeds are red like splattered blood.

Hidden deep in the wild brush,
if you know where it is then hush.

Off likety trail theres a pond where many a children perished.

Missing children swampy depths,
mysteries are secrets kept.

Somethings watching from the water,
it took them missing sons and daughters.
Its over there.

Fight for air,
Something strong is pulling me under pulling me under.
Fight for air,
something strong is pulling me down.

Several children young boys and girls disappear here without a trace.

What you believe and what you don't is entirely up to you.

But if you go up there and swim alone you'll know exactly whats true.

Somethings dragging through the mud,
mosquitos attrackted to the blood.
They say the dark depths have no bottom,
Some never came back up and got 'em.
Crazy kids come party here,"
Nikki, thanks for these. I sympathize on the formatting issues. I often struggle and give up. Just FYI for any future time, and you might know this, but one of the codes in the reply options removes all existing formatting and gives you a clean slate. It's helpful when you're quoting something that has a bunch of formatting already or is in italics.

So as to the content, it sounds like a "moa" from Hawaiian mythology, a water spirit that is said to drag swimmers under and then releases the bodies later on. Certain Hawaiian rivers and falls and ponds have beliefs about this. (Explaining because I don't know which of you already know this.)

The Ohe'o Gulch pools have a lot of water flowing through and take things out to sea. Some who get washed away are met by sharks and not found. There is also Waioka Pond (nicknamed Venus Pond by guidebooks) past Hana.

Are any of these waters near where SC was Sunday or Monday night?

30 more potential witnesses still on prosecution list.

Are any of these waters near where SC was Sunday or Monday night?
the two I mentioned, one being the same as Nikki brought up, are a bit south of Hana. And they are well known, but I/we don't know if they meant anything special to Steven.

The the problem with bringing them in is the additional time it would take him to still meet the oh so tight timeline. I don't think it is workable unless he was in Hana at the early end of Jennifer's testimony, which means the phone ping happens without him being there. Ohe'o Gulch is far enough south that at that point it begins to make sense to finish the loop around the south of the island.

i've only been to Hana once, and I drove the loop. I explored the area a bit because I was there for a couple nights. There are a variety of places to throw something over an edge and into the jungle or the ocean. The jungle there swallows whole vehicles. I can't overstate the vast task taken on by those searchers.

However, when it comes to coverage, the area from Past Nahiku and around through Kaupo was not prioritized from what I can tell, because it's a little too far from everyone's zone of most familiarity and not so linked to Steven's known haunts either. The question is did he push his comfort zone to make it harder to solve?

What we know is that he did to the extent he went to Hana the night of, and maybe the night before.

New article. Thank you, Wendy Osher and Maui Now!

http://mauinow.com/2016/08/29/witness-frightened-after-seeing-capobianco-in-hana/

Taylor was also asked if she would be able to distinguish between a flat white or gray vehicle versus a metallic silver or champagne color, and she answered, “Yes. I actually had a champagne colored Toyota. So, yes.”

Deputy prosecuting attorney Tracy Jones asked Taylor what if any color differences did she notice between the two 4Runners that she had seen the defendant drive. Taylor said, “They’re silver, but they were different . Both were silver, but were different shaped.”

On cross exam, Taylor was asked if she noticed any front-end damage or damage to the hood of the vehicle. “I did not,” she said. Defense attorney Jon Apo then asked, “Based on your observations, would you say there was none?” Taylor responded saying, “I did not notice any damage, but that doesn’t mean there was none… I noticed it was rounder. You see the front-side. It’s more round there. You see it right away. You see the corner. My focus was on the driver, not necessarily the car,” she said.

Apo questioned Taylor further saying, “Would you agree with me, If you saw front end damage on the hood, you would not be calling it a nice, newer looking car?” Taylor responded saying, “I noticed the car and connected it all. It wasn’t like I knew I was going to be looking at the car. I wan’t going to examine the car… I noticed the car that looked like a nice truck, and thought oh maybe he had gotten a new car,” she said.

I will say it again for you Sleuthers... You can circle back around on the ocean road up Waikoloa rd. So he would not need to pass her again to get back to Haiku. Any kid and his brother's friend knows about the dirt road back up to Wainapanapa. Theres homes and the landfill. Its not one way in one way out. For the record

PT can you give a better description please. I don't live there and maps don't show what you're talking about. I've tried my best to have an understanding of the area.
When he drove by her was he driving back toward Haiku or further along to what appears on a map to start heading south on Hana Hwy?

PT can you give a better description please. I don't live there and maps don't show what you're talking about. I've tried my best to have an understanding of the area.
When he drove by her was he driving back toward Haiku or further along to what appears on a map to start heading south on Hana Hwy?
He was not driving towards Haiku. He was heading south. PT is explaining that SC could have gone back to Haiku without passing her again, because there is another way to do it, that is all. SC could also have continued in the direction he was going and gone all the way around the south of the island (Kipahulu Hwy), and back to Haiku via Ulupakalua, Kula and Makawao, instead of returning on the Hana Highway. There is no way to know from what we have. BUT he could not have stopped at Paraquat's again on the way home unless he drove back on Hana Highway.

She was on the makai side of the road (testimony says the house was makai side), and the driver's side was the side close to her. That is how you know he was heading south. Makai side is the ocean side and is how people give directions on an island where you are hardly ever going true compass directions. You are always aware of where the ocean is (makai side) and which side is the mountain (mauka side). With the ocean to his left anywhere near Hana, he can only be driving the opposite direction from Haiku, meaning he has not turned around to go back yet (if he does turn around and does not drive the loop). The exact compass direction he is driving is not important.

I'm very impressed with how she navigated through Apo's questions designed to cast into question it was Charli's vehicle. Particularly the front end damage. But still no mention of questions regarding LED lights from skull ornament.

I'm very impressed with how she navigated through Apo's questions designed to cast into question it was Charli's vehicle. Particularly the front end damage. But still no mention of questions regarding LED lights from skull ornament.

That skull is pretty small - if you were very far away you would not see the lights from it.

That skull is pretty small - if you were very far away you would not see the lights from it.

I believe the lights were LEDs and perhaps could be disconnected -- then it'd be hard to notice at night... :)

I believe the lights were LEDs and perhaps could be disconnected -- then it'd be hard to notice at night... :)

Considering that he mentioned those lights at least twice, and considering that he knows basic auto mechanics, I'd say this is a strong possibility.

Only because Maui Now printed the photo of the place:
attachment.php

https://goo.gl/maps/ti7u6QfWqc22

The bottle palms, if you're unfamiliar, are the short palms with a bulge at the base sort of like a chianti bottle. Jennifer was sitting under one of those palms. The truck was approaching like the vehicle captured on the 2011 Google Maps street view (linked above).

Satellite view:
https://goo.gl/maps/PKv8r9CH8bm

It's really in Hana town, and very close to the road down to the Hana Bay beach park, which is probably where they held the Hana Bay memorial.

Attachments

• IMG_0777-768x512.jpg
    IMG_0777-768x512.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics