GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, too, have been concerned that there is at least one juror who asks questions that indicate he/she is buying into Apo's opening statement that SC is being framed. I have served on a jury before, and I can attest that one needn't be very bright to be picked for a jury.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This made me consider the young man sitting in the front row serving on jury, seated in the corner. He's the only one that appears to be of SC's peer group. Of course I'm basing my opinion purely on observation. I don't know any of those people.

When I was on a jury, there were a couple of other jurors who seemed to have no clue what was going on. It was frustrating for the rest of us to try to inform them. I remember thinking at the time that I would never want my fate to be decided by a jury.

When I was on a jury, there were a couple of other jurors who seemed to have no clue what was going on. It was frustrating for the rest of us to try to inform them. I remember thinking at the time that I would never want my fate to be decided by a jury.

I once served on a jury for 8 weeks. Our jury foreperson was a genuinely nice woman who could not make a decision if her life depended on it. She was a great foreperson because she was completely impartial and made sure that everyone had a chance to speak. But she was a horrible juror because she couldn't make up her mind. Fortunately, it was a civil, not a criminal trial, and in the State of California, only 9 of 12 jurors have to agree to arrive at a verdict in a civil case. We were 11-1. What I learned from that experience is that it's hard to get 12 random people to agree on anything.

Does anyone think Rivera is saving the most incriminating evidence against SC for the end of the trial?

I'm new to prosecution strategy, but I would speculate that is what Rivera is building towards.

Does anyone think Rivera is saving the most incriminating evidence against SC for the end of the trial?

I'm new to prosecution strategy, but I would speculate that is what Rivera is building towards.
I sure hope so. If there's still a member of the jury who doubts SC is guilty, I hope the forthcoming testimony leaves no doubt remaining. I don't know Charli's family personally, but my heart goes out to them for everything this monster has put them through. For their sake more than anything else, I want justice to be served.

image.jpg

Around a quarter to 9 pm tonight I took a drive down Hana Hwy. Since Steven built his alibi on scenarios from his past, I think Twin Falls is where he pulled over, ended the conversation about naming the baby and hurt Charli. Tonight, it was very dark out, only 1-2 cars present. He had to have dragged her out of the passenger's side and into the back or cargo area. Leaving her in the front seat was too risky. When a car came up behind me, it illuminated the entire interior of my car. Driving fast would keep Nala tame as he pretty much beelined through the curves and narrow bridges.

image.jpg

I posted a pic of the Bank of Hawaii atm that spotted SC's truck headed to work on Sunday 2/9/14 and the dark Hana Hwy around the same time Charli was last seen on 2/9/14.

and yet there is still a difficult person on the jury. "How could the officer tell it was silver and was he on duty and did he actually see in person the 4runner drive past the bank. Someone is being difficult and obtuse.

I think the questioning of the vehicle color is a legitimate and critical observation.
The rest of the question seems like the juror wasn't paying attention.

That would be me. The question asker. I want to make sure in my brain it all makes sense.

So as it stands right now, in what has been presented in court. (I'm sick so I might be off).
We have motive, the unwanted pregnancy. We have a clearly debunked story from the defendant from witness testimony. We have SC in the area of remains found.
What we don't have is the murder weapon. The location of the murder. SC actually placed at a murder scene or tied to a murder weapon.

In legal terms, he is a liar, BUT he is not yet actually tied to the murder. Just because he is a liar doesn't mean he committed the crime. Just because he was in the area doesn't mean he committed the crime.

Remember we have followed this for 2+ years and know much more than the jury has at this point, so the above is all they have.
Prayers the prosecution has more ahh ha! testimony coming. I think Rivera is on his way to completed this.

So we have a green muddy phone case. Who's was it? Who's bloody jeans? Who's brown sunglasses?

That would be me. The question asker. I want to make sure in my brain it all makes sense.

So as it stands right now, in what has been presented in court. (I'm sick so I might be off).
We have motive, the unwanted pregnancy. We have a clearly debunked story from the defendant from witness testimony. We have SC in the area of remains found.
What we don't have is the murder weapon. The location of the murder. SC actually placed at a murder scene or tied to a murder weapon.

In legal terms, he is a liar, BUT he is not yet actually tied to the murder. Just because he is a liar doesn't mean he committed the crime. Just because he was in the area doesn't mean he committed the crime.

Remember we have followed this for 2+ years and know much more than the jury has at this point, so the above is all they have.
Prayers the prosecution has more ahh ha! testimony coming. I think Rivera is on his way to completed this.

This is where you have to use logic and reason to draw a conclusion. We have eyewitness testimony that SC was driving Charli’s 4Runner in Hana on Feb. 9. This is very incriminating. There is no innocent explanation for that. 5 eyewitnesses and a video camera have shredded his alibi. We have two ex-girlfriends who testified that SC “hated kids”. And hopefully, wireless phone experts will testify as to where SC’s phone was.

The murder weapon is not always found and place of death is not always determined in murder cases. I use the Laci/Scott Peterson case often as an example and it applies here. We don’t know exactly where or how Laci was killed, but the jury was certain beyond a reasonable doubt that Scott was responsible. And what do you do if the manner of death is bloodless: stabbing, strangulation, poisoning? You use logic and reason.

who's / whose...lmao lmao told ya I wasn't feeling well d'oh
and then there's Casey Anthony in comparison. Jury didn't feel like the prosecution proved their case. I didn't follow that one very closely but logic and reason didn't work in that one. Praying this comes together!

FCS page said Charli's cellphone cover was green and pink polka dots. No mention of sunglasses. They could've been dropped by any number of people checking out Jaws.

This jury is not completely in the dark. I remember Loio saying that when asked if the potential jurors had heard of the case, all of them raised their hands. Our community is concerned about Charli and Mo's disappearance and you'd be hard pressed to find someone on Maui that didn't follow the developments in both of their cases over the past two years.

who's / whose...lmao lmao told ya I wasn't feeling well d'oh
and then there's Casey Anthony in comparison. Jury didn't feel like the prosecution proved their case. I didn't follow that one very closely but logic and reason didn't work in that one. Praying this comes together!

Me, too. I have to say this. The prosecution has presented a lot of evidence that I wasn't aware of from following this case for 2 years. Yesterday alone, they presented the Bank of Hawai'i video, green cell phone case, and brown sunglasses. And I've said this a million times but I am waiting for the cell phone forensics.

It would be great to have that DNA to seal the deal. I don't understand how a judge can rule against presenting evidence like that. The jury deserves to know whose hair was in that jeans pocket.

Yeah but Kapua, Apo would have had a valid argument in attacking the credibility of finding a SINGLE hair found in a pants pocket nearly a year after the first search was done. He could cast doubt on everything MPD has done thus far in this case.

Remember our reactions to the news that a hair was found by Honolulu PD? After MPD had turned it over? Smh.

FCS page said Charli's cellphone cover was green and pink polka dots. No mention of sunglasses. They could've been dropped by any number of people checking out Jaws.

This jury is not completely in the dark. I remember Loio saying that when asked if the potential jurors had heard of the case, all of them raised their hands. Our community is concerned about Charli and Mo's disappearance and you'd be hard pressed to find someone on Maui that didn't follow the developments in both of their cases over the past two years.

If the muddy green cell phone case found in SC's vehicle had pink polka dots on it, that's pretty incriminating, IMHO. There's no innocent explanation as to why her cell phone case, minus the phone, would be muddy and in his 4Runner.

Yeah but Kapua, Apo would have had a valid argument in attacking the credibility of finding a SINGLE hair found in a pants pocket nearly a year after the first search was done. He could cast doubt on everything MPD has done thus far in this case.

Remember our reactions to the news that a hair was found by Honolulu PD? After MPD had turned it over? Smh.

If I understood yesterday's testimony correctly, (and I was multitasking at the time, so I am not 100% sure that I did), the hair was actually found and placed in a plastic bag when the jeans were originally processed on Feb. 13. The evidence (jeans, and single hair that was in a plastic bag) was then placed in an evidence locker and locked.

If anyone else was listening to the live stream, please correct me if I am mistaken about this.

Oh, here we go, new Maui News article:
http://www.mauinews.com/page/conten...n-on-pant-leg--looked-like-blood-.html?nav=10

"It was lying on top of the vegetation. It looked like it had been placed or thrown. It wasn't weathered. It was clean and dry.

"There was no other leaves or vegetation on it, so it looked like it had just been placed there."

The jeans had a 32-inch waist and 30-inch inseam, Adachi said.

-------------------------------
About 100 feet in the Wailuku direction from where the jeans were found, detectives found large black plastic zip ties, Adachi said. "They were attached end to end to make one long zip tie," Adachi said. "They were quite thick, about a quarter-inch wide, the big heavy-duty ones."

The zip ties weren't photographed at the scene but were recovered as evidence, as were the jeans, Adachi said.

--------------------------------
Later, when he examined the jeans at his desk at the Wailuku Police Station, Adachi said he found a hair in a pocket of the jeans. He said he placed the jeans on a clean paper bag and used gloves to examine the pockets.

Wow. So the hair in the jeans were found the first time. That changes a lot.

Well in case any jurors play catch up on WS in the evenings - although they're not supposed to - Steven Capobianco's hair was found in a pants pocket on Hana Hwy that were stained with CHARLI SCOTT'S BLOOD.

The End.

*drops mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members